PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a world tour???

quinny
02-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Hey people-I live in Oz and want to know your thoughts on this.

Seeing as we are dealing with some crazy ego maniacs here, do you think it's a one off cash grab-or do they really give a fuck!

I tune in most days, and the vibe I get is pretty shit.

I love CVH-but can Ed go the fucking distance.

Peace to all you guys and hope it's not just a sideshow.

Will the real VH stand up please!

Dan
02-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by quinny

Seeing as we are dealing with some crazy ego maniacs here, do you think it's a one off cash grab-or do they really give a fuck!

Welcome to the Roth Army.

Good to see more Aussie DLR/CVH fans in here.

World Tour would be great but who's know at this stage.

We will have to wait until they hit the stage and see how well the show sells.

I think Ed might of seen The Light and said fuck it time for me and Dave to make Peace.;)

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Ain't No tellin'...

No way...

I mean, if the tour goes reasonably well, people are going to be quite ready to sink some money back into Van Halen, and who knows, an album and a real world tour could result...

But, Edward is a loose cannon...

Ain't NO tellin' !!

:elvis:

Jesus Christ
02-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Hmmm.....

Suppose that they did do a world tour.... probably would end it in Japan as is usually the custom with such tours.

But suppose they could be persuaded to end the tour in Jerusalem.....

My own comeback tour is impending (whenever Dad gives the OK) so picture this......

I walk on stage at the end of the Van HALEN show in Jerusalem and sing "Happy Trails" with the band, and then rapture them up to Heaven.

Now let's see my old friend Chaim Witz top THAT! ;)

binnie
02-06-2007, 04:50 AM
Much as I'd love to see it happen, I reckon there's more chance of Penelope Cruz letting me cum on her face.....

Coyote
02-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Here's to hopin'... :gulp:

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 05:47 AM
One of those posts was inappropriate...;)

binnie
02-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
One of those posts was inappropriate...;)

Is Jesus misbehaving again?

Coyote
02-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Is Jesus misbehaving again?

When hasn't he? (The naughty boy that he is...)

katie
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
yada fucking yada

Coyote
02-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by katie
yada fucking yada

The same can be said 'bout your "Halfin-connection", GUNT.

Atomic Dyver
02-06-2007, 10:58 AM
All it will take is for one spit-ball to hit Wolfie...and the whole thing will be called off in wildly spastic fit of full on Eddie Van Halen rage as his feet are flying at crotches everywhere....

World Tour???? Better hope someone is puttin prozac in Eddies beers.

westcoastjonny
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Gotta tell ya i have been waiting years for this like the rest of you guys but I reckon a World tour just aint happening.

I'll be surprised if they finish the forty US dates let alone get over here to the UK. This news is no doubt huge but without Mikey I can't justify the cost of flying to the US for a show.

I guess the only thing we international folks have to look forward to is a live DVD release and I suspect even that's unlikely. It sure does suck being a VH fan outside of the US...:mad:

binnie
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by westcoastjonny

I guess the only thing we international folks have to look forward to is a live DVD release and I suspect even that's unlikely. It sure does suck being a VH fan outside of the US...:mad:

It does indeed.

Do you think a petition to promoters for a European tour would have any impact?

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by westcoastjonny
This news is no doubt huge but without Mikey I can't justify the cost of flying to the US for a show.

This is the reality i've been speaking of...

I understand the people who look at it as Dave and Eddie back together, the main force behind the mighty Van Halen...

But "Wolfie" is a deal breaker for me and i'm guessing this to be the case for a large number of diehards who would otherwise be willing to travel anywhere to see the real =VH=

It's been suggested here quite a lot that people wont care who's playing bass...

But seriously, i've had several friends call me up who wouldn't normally know or give a rat's ass who plays this or that, and they're chuckling at the latest "rumors" and asking me if I even believe it...

So...

westcoastjonny
02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by binnie
It does indeed.

Do you think a petition to promoters for a European tour would have any impact?

Doubt it, but sign me up!

westcoastjonny
02-06-2007, 12:38 PM
This is the reality i've been speaking of...

I understand the people who look at it as Dave and Eddie back together, the main force behind the mighty Van Halen...

But "Wolfie" is a deal breaker for me and i'm guessing this to be the case for a large number of diehards who would otherwise be willing to travel anywhere to see the real =VH=

Yes I'm afraid so. If they were playing on my doorstep I'd be there whatever, but the amount of effort it would take for me to take in a show it's just got to be pure 100% CVH!!
It's been suggested here quite a lot that people wont care who's playing bass...

But seriously, i've had several friends call me up who wouldn't normally know or give a rat's ass who plays this or that, and they're chuckling at the latest "rumors" and asking me if I even believe it...

So...

westcoastjonny
02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
So... You are absolutely right. If they were coming here with Wolfie, sure I'd go an see Ed and Dave, but to make the effort required It would HAVe to be 100% CVH all the way!!

Jack68
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Hmmm.....

Suppose that they did do a world tour.... probably would end it in Japan as is usually the custom with such tours.

But suppose they could be persuaded to end the tour in Jerusalem.....

My own comeback tour is impending (whenever Dad gives the OK) so picture this......

I walk on stage at the end of the Van HALEN show in Jerusalem and sing "Happy Trails" with the band, and then rapture them up to Heaven.

Now let's see my old friend Chaim Witz top THAT! ;)
That would be very cool Jesus.

katie
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
The same can be said 'bout your "Halfin-connection", GUNT.

Ha Ha Ha It still fucks you off that i reported the reunion and rehersal first dosen't it.
And the fact that i grabbed those two reunion pics before they were taken down just kills ya! LOL

Ah well life goes on.

You gotta love the army LOL!!!!

General Hina
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by quinny

Zero chances... there's no way Valerie will let Wolfie miss school.

Over & Out,
General Hina

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Maybe "Mikey" can play the school dates...:D

quinny
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe "Mikey" can play the school dates...:D

Good one, I like it!

Knowing the Van Halen's, don't rule it out. I could see them trying to pull something like that on Mikey boy. He just seems to love getting an ass whoopin' from them.

Thanks for the replies-I really hope it can happen.

Seen VH in Sydney with Gayrone-I just blocked him out that night. They had a good set list of old songs, and I tell you Ed was devastating. Didn't look like the trainwreck rock god he has become.

Cheers

Coyote
02-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Ha Ha Ha It still fucks you off that i reported the reunion and rehersal first dosen't it.
And the fact that i grabbed those two reunion pics before they were taken down just kills ya! LOL

Y'know, there's a new thing called "humility". Try it. You might make some friends.

And for the record: No, it doesn't "fuck me off". And, no, it doesn't "kill me". Only makes me stronger. :cool:

Golden AWe
02-07-2007, 06:55 AM
I have a question about all this:

The road crew would include a meth dealer...and a couple of private teachers, for Wolfie and one for Dave...

So, would it be a male or a female teacher?

katie
02-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Y'know, there's a new thing called "humility". Try it. You might make some friends.

After the way some of you cunts have slammed me in the past for no reason, FUCK OFF!

There are a few people that i have traded with on this board that i have respect for,

But people like you, NO im afraid not.

But katie still loves ya!

x

Coyote
02-07-2007, 07:32 AM
After the way some of you cunts have slammed me in the past for no reason, FUCK OFF!

There are a few people that i have traded with on this board that i have respect for,

But people like you, NO im afraid not.

But katie still loves ya!

x

Nice to know.

binnie
02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
At the end of the day, it'll be a miracle if they get through 40 US dates...