PDA

View Full Version : Dave's different rare versions of 'California Girls' & 'Just a Gigolo'?

Anonymous
02-07-2007, 08:20 AM
From Van Halen Faq (http://www.vanhalenfaq.com):

DLR items:
From Crazy From The Heat:
"California Girls" (re-mix)

This is on the B-side of the vinyl single. The order of the verses, chorus, etc have been changed and the instruments have been mixed differently. The guitar seems much more prevalent in this version.

"Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody" (re-mix)

This is also on the B-side of the 45 single. Like "California Girls", the order of the verses are different, and the instruments are mixed differently than the original.

From A Little Ain't Enough:
"Tell The Truth" (blues re-mix)

This is the "B-side of the "Tell The Truth" CD single. Dave's vocals have been completely removed and replaced with quotes from the movie _Crossroads_, played intermittently throughout the song.

Direct link:

http://www.vanhalenfaq.com/unreleased.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm EXTREMELY interested in getting this. Can someone kindly point me to a link/e-mail them to me?

Maybe share them on eMule, or if you know where to buy the B-Sides, have them fer sale or some shit.

I'd really, really like to get me mittens particularly on the guitar enhanced version of 'California Girls'.

Cheers! :bottle:

fenway5150
02-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I've got 'em all and they all sound cool, especially the Tell The Truth remix. I actually bought the Lil' Ain't Enough 45 at a record shop around '92 or so and the Tell The Truth remix was on there. It was very cool then and it still is now. I used to play that on my brother's record player at least once a week for months whenever I was home from college.

Anonymous
02-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Can I convince you to mp3 them and e-mail them to me or maybe Natra so he can upload 'em on that little shitty hole of his?

I'm talking 'bout his webpage. :D

Seriously, that stuff needs to be spread around.

Anonymous
02-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Grate. Just grate. Who was the prick who kicked this outta Main?

I have as many chances of getting those songs now as I would had I posted this on a "Baking Pork Rolls" Forum.

Motherfucker.

Loons The Great
02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Ize got the Tell The Truth remix...but it's on cassette...speaking as a child of the 70's...:D

Anonymous
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Ha! Cassettes ain't that much of a relic. I had quite the collection myself. Still do, though I don't play 'em that much anymore.

Thanks for kicking it back, Loons! I owe ya a bottle of bourbon or three.

Cheer!S :bottle:

Last_Child
02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Guess which 16 year old Norwegian kid who has these on vinyl?!

:D

Calderone
02-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I have this around ...what's your rare stuff ?
maybe you can email me something cool and i'll email this ones to you
i think the rarest dlr things i've heard are KILL THE GUY and CRUEL OBSESSION

Anonymous
02-12-2007, 04:30 AM
I don't have much rare stuff... I do have around 40 GB of music - in mp3 format - so maybe I have something you like? PM me something you may be interested in, we'll go from there.

But I actually believe the best solution would be to e-mail them to Natra so he can upload them to his page: http://www.headline-music.de/natras.html

That's what I'll do if you care to mail them.

Cato
02-12-2007, 04:42 AM
don't talk with that retarded thief, Sylick.
give me a few days, I'll see what I can do for you.

Anonymous
02-12-2007, 04:44 AM
'Tis good to know one can always count on you, you little yellow bugger.

You'll always hold a special place in my heart.