PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Van Halen thrilled to be back with David Lee Roth

ELVIS
02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
February 06, 2007 (http://www.therockradio.com/2007/02/eddie-van-halen-thrilled-to-be-back.html)

http://www.allgoodseats.com/concert/david%20lee%20roth/0026.jpghttp://i.realone.com/assets/rn/cms/2004/large/Van_Halen_15_-_Chicago_IL_2004_-_lg.6376927.jpg

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the Van Halen-David Lee Roth reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying. After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

:elvis:

jgdrag
02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
You're not questioning Edward's statements? He's never lied to us before, why know?

Lying sack of shit

binnie
02-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

"Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."[/i]
[/B]

You know what, I hope that is really true.

Not saying I'm convinced, I'm just saying I hope it is the case. After all, if we can feel that magic listening to those tunes, why can't Ed and Dave get it from playing them together?

DavidLeeNatra
02-07-2007, 08:30 AM
this belongs in the "gary is my soulmate, he's in for life and if anything happens, I'll pick up the tuba"-section...

ELVIS
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Is Edward beginning to look like Huey Lewis ??

http://1069thepoint.com/images/hueylewis/rb-175.jpg

fenway5150
Don't complain. Just appreciate what's going on here. I can be as negative as the next guy but I'm not going there now. Just look at those photos up top and realize they will be standing next to eachother on stage all summer long.....it gives me the chills just thinking about being at that concert when it happens.

jgdrag
I think it may be true, problem lies outside of playing the originals. Edward is a musician you know.

bru87tr
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I believe him.

it just took age and time to make him realize it.

its not the first time someone said that. MA also said it was magic back a while ago.

how can ed not think it ? its true.

katie
02-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Do you think part of this tour deal is for ED to give the interviews to the press instead of Dave?

Hollywood Jesus
02-07-2007, 10:15 AM
How could it not be true? They may/will tire of each other in time--40 dates is my guess. But until then, these guys get to reignite one of the greatest American rock bands of all time playing the songs they created as a young men full of piss and vinegar.

Dave is strangely quiet. But after the shot at Ed's hip, maybe that's not such a bad idea. Yeah, I do blame Dave for that one. But when Ed's on, he does seem to borrow from DLR. Maybe Ed's got a little =VH= in him afterall!

knuckleboner
02-07-2007, 10:19 AM
come on now, since 2000 ed has not had anything bad to say about dave. and that includes through the botched 2000 reunion, through the 2002 dave/sam tour and through the 2004 reunion with sammy.

i don't believe 100% ANYTHING eddie van halen says. but when he says he's excited about playing with dave again, i think there's a good chance he's telling the truth.

now, will something happen between now and "then" which changes eddie van thinskinned's opinion? yeah, probably. but for now i trust him. mostly.

Vinnie Velvet
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Ya know, I sometimes have said some things ten years ago that I wouldn't even say now.

What Ed says is indeed enlightening, considering the stuff he's said about Dave over the years.

bru87tr
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by katie
Do you think part of this tour deal is for ED to give the interviews to the press instead of Dave?

probably..... I take it as they want to let the tour do the talking. I think they came to an agreement that lets let the music speak how good they are getting along and how good the reunuon will be.

I think Dave has realized that this is gonna be classic dave. not wacky dave. love the guy but if he tones it down just a bit, like the old days. he comes off as a better image and not wacky. daves head is into it and has been a while.

the only thing that keeps dave away from the media frenzy is a deal with the boys to keep it cool.

in a way its smart. once they do take stage and blow the world away, people will be suprised.

but I think the VH.com staement was lame and we need to hear something from dave. pics too. this is not the way to start a reunion and tour.

Matt White
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
UH huuhHUUH uu hu uhuh HUU uhuhhu.....I don't believe a word of it

rocknrolldork
02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
It should read, "Ed Thrilled To Be Making An Assload Of Money Because Of Playing With David Lee Roth Again."

Atomic Dyver
02-07-2007, 10:44 AM
There are a couple other things Eddie likes besides music.....money and attention.

And what is he gonna say anyway? That he hates Dave and hates sharing the CVH legacy. That he would like it better if everone just took his word for law?

Come on man, lets face it if he really turned over a new leaf and wanted to get back to what made CVH he would've brought back Mike. Now Mike is a Hagar ball lickin patsy at this point, but he too would come runnin to be part of a full blown CVH reuinion.

And its awful suspicious that Dave hasn't been heard from yet.....wonder why?

The only thing Eddie is thrilled about is his latest power trip, the payday he's gettin and the attention he is getting.

Whoa I mighta had a little too much coffee this mornin..

DLR_EngineRoom
02-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
February 06, 2007 (http://www.therockradio.com/2007/02/eddie-van-halen-thrilled-to-be-back.html)

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the Van Halen-David Lee Roth reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying. After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

Lie or not, it's nice to hear.

I have a feeling that Ed really does mean it, even for revenge's sake against Sam n' Mikey.

I hope Ed n' Wolfie shred on stage next to Dave, and completely smashes Van Hagar's memory and so-called legacy rite out of the water.

I also hope Dave gives some much-needed anti-Hagarisms to finish 'em off.

bantonelli
02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I think WOLFIE inspiration may need to take more credit than is mentioned.

He liked his Dad's style of ROCK-Roth Era and I do believe he convinced his Dad to go back to the roots of VH.

Any 15 yr. old would favor Testosterone driven kick-ass Rock over the ballad wimpy rock crap of Van Hagar.

frets5150
02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
It should read, "Ed Thrilled To Be Making An Assload Of Money Because Of Playing With David Lee Roth Again."

And visa vesa
;)

perticelli
02-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli

He liked his Dad's style of ROCK-Roth Era and I do believe he convinced his Dad to go back to the roots of VH.

Any 15 yr. old would favor Testosterone driven kick-ass Rock over the ballad wimpy rock crap of Van Hagar.

THis is EXACTLY what it is and it isnt that ridiculous to believe.
Ed has been held to a certain higher standard all his life and even whn he tried to go outside the formula-VHIII, he wasn't given much leeway..it has to get old and uninspiring to be EXPECTED to only play a certain way..musicians have to grow.
Now, imagine YOUR son comes in and starts gettin off on it and Ed gets to see it's effect through someone elses eyes..someone he loves more than anything..how could he not feel it and reevaluate?

This is EXACTLY why im very psyched for this..Ed is INSPIRED..and ED is at his best when that is the case..and maybe wolf can keep his ego in check a bit..if Ed starts to get sick of DLR, Wolf can remind him this is what it's all about..his music, Daves energy and attitude..the perfect formula for those who remember...

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
The attention Ed is getting is because of Dave. If he was introducing a 4th lead singer, no one would give a shit. He better damn well realize this.

Vinnie Velvet
02-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't recall Ed saying he was "thrilled to be back to playing with Sammy" in 2004.

Face it people, this tour will re-ignite VH -- not the full CVH Reunion we've always wanted --- 'cause THAT tour would've been a trainwreck.

Atomic Dyver
02-07-2007, 12:21 PM
It would be interesting to get Dave's opinion on all this. He always has so much to say, yet now....silence

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I think when everything is finalized, they will all be talking.

PenguinsKID1986
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Ed should be honest to the fans not this BULLSHIT LOVE FEST, turth Edward: Dave and I never really got along we were'nt best friends but we made some kick ass music and it's fun to play those songs again with Alex, my son and Dave, do we get along great, not really but we put out kick ass music, so we can live with each other for a summer tour, it was never all bad! that's the turth, pluse a whole shit load of money but you don't want to say that part to the fans.

Vinnie Velvet
02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by PenguinsKID1986
Ed should be honest to the fans not this BULLSHIT LOVE FEST, turth Edward: Dave and I never really got along we were'nt best friends but we made some kick ass music and it's fun to play those songs again with Alex, my son and Dave, do we get along great, not really but we put out kick ass music, so we can live with each other for a summer tour, it was never all bad! that's the turth, pluse a whole shit load of money but you don't want to say that part to the fans.

:rolleyes:

Loons The Great
02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Edward's bullshit sounds awesome when he's being positive about Papa Roth...sho' 'nuff nah yez...:D

Too bad he didn't take a vow of silence from '85-'95 and '97-'06...

BALLYJUNKIE
02-07-2007, 01:22 PM
i think dave is gonna walk on "eggshells " the whole tour .... except on stage he will let loose ....... he knows this is his last shot at the top ..... and everyone knows .be careful what you say around ed ,even more now for dave ...... ITS 3 VAN HALENS VS DIAMOND DAVE ....

Pasadena Bunnie
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
i think dave is gonna walk on "eggshells " the whole tour .... except on stage he will let loose ....... he knows this is his last shot at the top ..... and everyone knows .be careful what you say around ed ,even more now for dave ...... ITS 3 VAN HALENS VS DIAMOND DAVE ....

I hope and expect them all to walk on "eggshells" around each other by respecting and nurturing this project. Since Dave is a contract employee on this project and there are many legal issues involved and money at stake, I think EVH will need to control his volatile nature somewhat and the same for Dave. Hopefully, they'll treat this like any business project that they will begin with passion and complete with satisfaction, pride and success.

I think EVH will be more of mature about this tour, since his son will be by his side.

Who ends up on the losing if it Erupts?

ALL......not only Diamond Dave.

PlexiBrown
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Absolutely!!

Diamondjimi
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by perticelli
THis is EXACTLY what it is and it isnt that ridiculous to believe.
Ed has been held to a certain higher standard all his life and even whn he tried to go outside the formula-VHIII, he wasn't given much leeway..it has to get old and uninspiring to be EXPECTED to only play a certain way..musicians have to grow.
Now, imagine YOUR son comes in and starts gettin off on it and Ed gets to see it's effect through someone elses eyes..someone he loves more than anything..how could he not feel it and reevaluate?

This is EXACTLY why im very psyched for this..Ed is INSPIRED..and ED is at his best when that is the case..and maybe wolf can keep his ego in check a bit..if Ed starts to get sick of DLR, Wolf can remind him this is what it's all about..his music, Daves energy and attitude..the perfect formula for those who remember...

Agreed. Good post.

Pasadena Bunnie
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
and everyone knows .be careful what you say around ed ,even more now for dave ...... ITS 3 VAN HALENS VS DIAMOND DAVE ....

Now, one thing that I think is interesting is what is mentioned in this quote.

It may be the 3 VH's vs. only 1 Diamond Dave, but keep in mind, and it's just my opinion:

No frontman beyond Dave will make the VH Trio sound like magic, have the impact or be more exciting than Dave. They NEED him.

I'm curious to know what the VH Trio will create and record once Dave has completed this Summer Project?

Vinnie Velvet
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
We've never heard Eddie talk like this about the classic tunes or Dave.

The tone is certainly very different and even different when Eddie was all high on Sambo in '86 and Ga y in '98.

And I agree, it has to do with the 'youthful enthusiasim" coming from Wolfie.

Atomic Dyver
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie

No frontman beyond Dave will make the VH Trio sound like magic, have the impact or be more exciting than Dave. They NEED him.

I'm curious to know what the VH Trio will create and record once Dave has completed this Summer Project?

The do need him, but they will try to control him.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Ya know, I sometimes have said some things ten years ago that I wouldn't even say now.

That's good VV, 'cause you said some outlandish shit over at the Links in '99 that I still haven't gotten over.... ;)

Vinnie Velvet
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
That's good VV, 'cause you said some outlandish shit over at the Links in '99 that I still haven't gotten over.... ;)

What?? Who me??

:D ;)

Eyes of the Night
02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Geat find Elvis ... I believe Edwward because he's been at his "normalest" these past few years ...

Nickdfresh
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I believe that Ed is a desperate drunk that has expended every possibility, no matter how absurd or career-ending, before finally "caving" to get Roth back.

It's far too little (sans Anthony), and far, far too late (by about ten years).

LoungeMachine
02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by fenway5150

. Just look at those photos up top and realize they will be standing next to eachother on stage all summer long......

LMMFAO

Says who? :rolleyes:

Anyone named fenway5150 must be an eternal optomist, but Jesus.....

spED is a lying, two-faced, back stabbing, control freak.

Remember?

matt19
02-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Lounge I'm tired of scrolling down through your sig.

LMAO.:D

cabo anejo
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LoungeMachine
02-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by cabo anejo
all you assholes are in for a big letdown .dave wont have mike to carry his sorry ass ,wolfie will be sucking daddy's tit every song ,ed wont let loose because fat wolfie wont keep up. dave hasn't been heard from cause he's not sure his voice will last ,the dicks been asleep for 23 years . HEY MAN THAT SUIT IS YOU YOU'LL GET RIPPED OFF TONIGHT FOR SURE TELL US HOW YOU DO HOO HOO I MEAN HA HAA HAVE A SHOT OF CABO ON ME . YEAH? WELL FUCK YOU TOO

Mikey, is that you? :D

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Mikey, is that you? :D

LMFAO

kamaboko
02-09-2007, 11:59 PM
hmmm...i'm not buying into the wolfie inspiration. i suscribe more to the idea that wolfie can be controlled; will play for cheap; is a freak show (in terms of fan curiosity) in his on right; is a way for ed and son to hang out; and the ultimate public "fuck you" to MA. if anyone here thinks that ed said, "shit...the best bass player in the entire world is living in my own house! why look anymore?" is either high on meth or has been sniffin' too much dog ass.

Casemeister
02-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't recall Ed saying he was "thrilled to be back to playing with Sammy" in 2004.

He DID say something about it being great having Sammy and Mike "back in [his] life," though. It was in that first GW interview he did for the tour.

I'm not sure EVH is a liar. I think he just doesn't know what the hell he wants and is too oblivious to what's going on around him to realise that the stupid crap he comes out with actually hurts other people and, in some cases, their reputations, when it's HIS reputation that should suffer... and it looks like it finally is.

Then again, he is probably a liar as well.

kamaboko
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
hell, i'm waiting for ed to say, "now that val is back in my life, everything is perfect. we've always loved each other. it was the press that got it wrong. she didn't divorce me. she was just busy with work".

ed will say whatever ed has to to preserve the status quo: ed van halen...opppsss...van halen is the best band in the world.

cabo anejo
02-10-2007, 12:13 AM
NO WAY ED WILL LET DAVE TAKE OVER ON STAGE(TALK INSTEAD OF SING) HELL POUT WHILE HUGGING CHUBBY WOLFIE. HEY SAMMY MIKEY DIDNT THAT USE TO BE VAN HALEN WHAT A FUCKING SHAME THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO ROCK

hideyoursheep
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
NO WAY ED WILL LET DAVE TAKE OVER ON STAGE(TALK INSTEAD OF SING) HELL POUT WHILE HUGGING CHUBBY WOLFIE. HEY SAMMY MIKEY DIDNT THAT USE TO BE VAN HALEN WHAT A FUCKING SHAME THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO ROCK

Take your paw off the left side of your keypad,then get back on the short bus.:dork:

VanHalener
02-10-2007, 11:47 PM
all you assholes are in for a big letdown .dave wont have mike to carry his sorry ass ,wolfie will be sucking daddy's tit every song ,ed wont let loose because fat wolfie wont keep up. dave hasn't been heard from cause he's not sure his voice will last ,the dicks been asleep for 23 years . HEY MAN THAT SUIT IS YOU YOU'LL GET RIPPED OFF TONIGHT FOR SURE TELL US HOW YOU DO HOO HOO I MEAN HA HAA HAVE A SHOT OF CABO ON ME . YEAH? WELL FUCK YOU TOO

:(

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdWsuHpl0UU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdWsuHpl0UU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
02-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Casemeister
I'm not sure EVH is a liar.

he needs a lot to remember...

Loons The Great
02-11-2007, 10:06 AM
IT'S ALRIGHT--Hound Dog Taylor

Yes I love ya, I love ya
Woman I'm telling what I'll do
I don't love nobody I'm telling ya
In the whole round world but you
Alright, alright, it's alright

Yes let me tell ya, let me tell ya
Honey, just before you go
If you don't love me, won't you tell me
Baby I swear I don't wanna go

Lord wake up any morning
Then find your little woman gone
It can hurt you so bad by she leaving
Boy you just hate to be alone

Yes, I'm leaving, I'm leaving
Boy this time I'm really gone
There's no use in me hanging around here baby
And you steady doing me wrong

kastco
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Even during the Sammy/Dave tour Dave kept pretty quiet. Granted the press conference was typical Dave but from there on he pretty much kept it strictly on the stage. Sammy on the other hand acted the little spoiled Ronald McDonald look alike that he is. It was Sammy who was slamming EVH every chance he got during that tour not Dave. I wouldn't be surprised if EVH and DLR are getting along fine on a personal basis now. I'm sure the fact that little Wolfie is around helps to keep things in check also. Other than a few wise cracks here and there by either of them there hasn't been any real slanderous talk towards one another in years. Didn't EVH speak pretty highly of Dave after the mysterious recording sessions they had up at 5149&1/2 in 2000?

echeeone
02-13-2007, 05:01 PM
If you look real close, Dave & Eddie, are laughing all the way to the bank. Hopefully the sound engineers can dub in some old DLR during the concert so we can relive some of their ole glory.

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Casemeister
He DID say something about it being great having Sammy and Mike "back in [his] life," though. It was in that first GW interview he did for the tour.

Don't recall anything like that.

And I'm sure Eddie didn't do a GW interview in '04.

Nickdfresh
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/grammartime.gif

SNIPER
02-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I been thinking if we all went out and drank a couple bottles of Smoking Loon and did a half dozen lines of gack and popped some Xanax before going to see Ed play he might sound better then ever.

echeeone
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
You're not kidding. You might as well throw in the time machine too.

SNIPER
02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
All bullshit aside. This was said but I do believe Wolfie has lit a fire under Ed's ass and I think we are about to see Ed at his best this year and years to come. With Dave on I think that speaks for its self. Dave will not let this suck!! I just watched the Namm clip again and I think Ed is starting to sound like Eddie again. I want Ed to show us all who Eddie Van Halen is dammit!! Im hoping for the best. After all who ever would have thought Dave would be back and look what happend. :)

echeeone
02-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I think we're all hoping that to. I'm sure DLR is getting his vocals in shape cause he sounded like crap two summers ago when he was traveling with some house band and playing at state fairs...although you don't really have to sing when your live, just yell loud and have your fans fill in the rest with their imaginations.

ELVIS
02-14-2007, 08:37 AM
At the very least, I applaud the high level of imagination in this thread...

In this forum, for that matter...:D

Casemeister
02-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Don't recall anything like that.

And I'm sure Eddie didn't do a GW interview in '04.

I vividly remember such a quote from an interview. I'll have to find the magazine.

Casemeister
02-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Okay, I found it. It's from the August '04 edition of GW with EVH on the cover. EVH: "To have Mike and Sammy back in my life is also huge. I think we've all grown a bit. I know I have. We are tighter, deeper, funnier, and more of a team than ever before. Again, I have to say I'm proud to be a part of it."

Ed adds: "Van Halen is back. Me, Alex, Sammy and Mike. We are more powerful, soulful, deeper, better, have more fun and are sillier and more goofball than ever. It's truly a whole new beginning. It's real."

Classic EVH. :D

Ol' Fuckerman
02-17-2007, 11:47 PM
just asking here cause I dont know...ok

I see Dave in the blue silk outfit. I know he has martial art training, but what kind and what level does he have?

Anyone know...?