PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda plans “major operations” in the Gulf

BigBadBrian
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Al Qaeda plans “major operations” in the Gulf
(AFP)

DUBAI - The Saudi branch of Al Qaeda announced on Thursday that it is planning major operations aimed at driving Western interests out of the Arabian Gulf, according to an online statement.

“We have for some time been in the process of preparing major operations that will weaken the crusaders’ bases in the Arabian Gulf,” said the Al Qaeda Organisation in the Gulf.

“We will cleanse the Arabian Gulf of the presence of crusaders and of their bases, which are scattered around the cradle of Islam. We promise our leader, Osama bin Laden, to continue on the same road. Your soldiers are preparing something in which you will rejoice.”

The statement was carried in the movement’s online magazine, Sawt al-Jihad (the Voice of Jihad).

Al Qaeda has been responsible for a wave of violence that has shaken the oil-rich Saudi kingdom since May 2003.

At least 90 civilians, 55 members of the security services and 136 militants have been killed in Saudi Arabia since then, according to official figures.

Link (http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/middleeast/2007/February/middleeast_February119.xml&section=middleeast)

hideyoursheep
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Al Qaeda plans “major operations” in the Gulf
(AFP)

DUBAI - The Saudi branch of Al Qaeda announced on Thursday that it is planning major operations aimed at driving Western interests out of the Arabian Gulf, according to an online statement.

“We will cleanse the Arabian Gulf of the presence of crusaders and of their bases, which are scattered around the cradle of Islam. We promise our leader, Osama bin Laden, to continue on the same road. Your soldiers are preparing something in which you will rejoice. And when the Americans come for us,we will again run like motherfuckers."

FORD
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Meanwhile, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy were planning a counter insurgency....... :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Meanwhile, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy were planning a counter insurgency....... :rolleyes:

To do battle with Bigfoot, UFOs and WMDs.

ODShowtime
02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I like how they call it the "Arabian Gulf"

what a bunch of dicks

Nickdfresh
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I though Brian was a fairy.:)

pflo
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
When I look at the globe it says "USA" on one side and "Saudi Arabia" is way over on the other side. How come the USA is in Saudi Arabia? Maybe my globe is outdated?

hideyoursheep
02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pflo
When I look at the globe it says "USA" on one side and "Saudi Arabia" is way over on the other side. How come the USA is in Saudi Arabia? Maybe my globe is outdated?

Whe I looked at my map Canada and Europe are the same way.How come Canada is in Europe?WTF?

LoungeMachine
02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
Whe I looked at my map Canada and Europe are the same way.How come Canada is in Europe?WTF?

My map doesn't mention any Canada.

It's nothing more than the US Meat Locker. ;)

pflo
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
My map doesn't mention any Canada.

It's nothing more than the US Meat Locker. ;) Thats pretty funny. How does it feel to be hated world wide? Whats that like?. BTW, you will never be Johnny Depp or Hunter S. Remember that.:) They are way cooler......

Nickdfresh
02-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Lounge is hated world wide?

Well, who can blame them?
http://members.tripod.com/pease/winger/kip1.jpg

pflo
02-11-2007, 10:36 PM
[]

Nickdfresh
02-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Um, we got your words of "wisdom" the first time...

pflo
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Actually, I like the guy. All in fun.

Nitro Express
02-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Al Quaida is a nat. A few guys hijack some planes sure. Beheadings yeah. Bombings here and there.

They are a nusiance. Ok, Al Quaida, if you feel you can take on the US Navy in the Gulf go ahead and make our day.

I don't think they are going to let you speed up next to the carrier group in a Zodiac full of explosives. Don't let the USS Cole make you too confident!

Nitro Express
02-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by pflo
Thats pretty funny. How does it feel to be hated world wide? Whats that like?. BTW, you will never be Johnny Depp or Hunter S. Remember that.:) They are way cooler......

You Canadians sure get off on the world hate thing lately. Certain people hate us like Islamic fundamentalists, certain Canadians, certain Western Europeans who have a lot of muslims in their countries.

What I have found is Eastern Europe still likes us because they remember we stood by them during the cold war. Something Western Europe has forgotten about. We seem to be liked in Asia. I would say Japan is our number one allie in the world.

In short, most thinking people know we have a bad president who has abused his power. Every country has one time to time. The last election showed the majority of the voting American public knows we have been duped.

The main question I have to ask is what have we ever done to you? Why the hate? You seem to be giddy that we are hated. Canada and the US have had good relations, an unguarded border, and have been big trading partners for years.

How would Canada react if you were attacked like we were? Don't tell me you wouldn't invade the country where the perpetrators were. I view the Iraq invasion as a mistake but wars go that way and people take advantage of wars and make money off of wars.

You can sit there smug in British Columbia and judge us because your country wasn't attacked. Why did they attack us? Because we liberated Kuwait and oh yeah, we support Israel because after the holocaust we believed the Jews should have their native homeland back.

Go ahead hate us and laugh when we are attacked. Maybe you can celebrate at the local mosque the next time something related to the US blows up next time.

What are you going to do if something in Canada is attacked? Blame us? Yup, 9/11 was our fault.

pflo
02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
You Canadians sure get off on the world hate thing lately. Certain people hate us like Islamic fundamentalists, certain Canadians, certain Western Europeans who have a lot of muslims in their countries.

What I have found is Eastern Europe still likes us because they remember we stood by them during the cold war. Something Western Europe has forgotten about. We seem to be liked in Asia. I would say Japan is our number one allie in the world.

In short, most thinking people know we have a bad president who has abused his power. Every country has one time to time. The last election showed the majority of the voting American public knows we have been duped.

The main question I have to ask is what have we ever done to you? Why the hate? You seem to be giddy that we are hated. Canada and the US have had good relations, an unguarded border, and have been big trading partners for years.

How would Canada react if you were attacked like we were? Don't tell me you wouldn't invade the country where the perpetrators were. I view the Iraq invasion as a mistake but wars go that way and people take advantage of wars and make money off of wars.

You can sit there smug in British Columbia and judge us because your country wasn't attacked. Why did they attack us? Because we liberated Kuwait and oh yeah, we support Israel because after the holocaust we believed the Jews should have their native homeland back.

Go ahead hate us and laugh when we are attacked. Maybe you can celebrate at the local mosque the next time something related to the US blows up next time.

What are you going to do if something in Canada is attacked? Blame us? Yup, 9/11 was our fault. Put my comment in context, it was a RESPONSE to an insult toward Canadians. Duh..... 9/11 had more to do with US presence in Saudi Arabia than any of your points. You are way off in your assumptions.

Nitro Express
02-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Yup. Osama Bin Ladden attacked us because we stationed troops in Saudi Arabia with permission of the Saudi Govt. The Gulf War was fought with an international coillition with international support. Why? Saddam Hussain committed horrible attrocities in Kuwait and the international community weren't going to tollerate it.

Now people like to blame us for being attacked on 9/11 because of our presence in Saudi Arabia. Like we deserved to be attacked. I tell you the US is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

What the hell, people care more about the Anna Nichole Smith cum dumpster news now than the war anyways so fuck it all!

pflo
02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Yup. Osama Bin Ladden attacked us because we stationed troops in Saudi Arabia with permission of the Saudi Govt. The Gulf War was fought with an international coillition with international support. Why? Saddam Hussain committed horrible attrocities in Kuwait and the international community weren't going to tollerate it.

Now people like to blame us for being attacked on 9/11 because of our presence in Saudi Arabia. Like we deserved to be attacked. I tell you the US is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

What the hell, people care more about the Anna Nichole Smith cum dumpster news now than the war anyways so fuck it all! COALITION. No, you didnt deserve to be attacked, that was a crime against civilians, and I think that is completely fucked any way you look at it, and unforgiveable. Just like the invasion of Iraq is unforgiveable, as the USA killed civillians in the process, and knew it would by doing so. But, your government is not always "above board" in its foreign policies, and the "govt" in Saudi Arabia is an UNELECTED monarchy.WHERE is the US policy of "promoting democracy" in that instance? They look the other way, because having a doormat in S.A. for a US military base keeps the oil shipping lanes open, for the US. See the hypocrisy? WHY are you even over there in the first place? THINK about it......

frets5150
02-19-2007, 06:05 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/snore.gif