PDA

View Full Version : Reason WHY VH reunion isn't exciting!!

TMRDLR
02-09-2007, 04:07 AM
First of all no one can still believe the band is in the studio working together!

It's not like they are making a new cd....this will be the same music Dave has been singing for years and the only difference is Ed on guitar which to me doesn't mean much. Can he play as good as STEVE VAI..........no WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Then it's cool that Wolfgang will be on tour getting experience and will end up being a great talent someday...but it's not going to be a fun tour because Ed and Dave have not settled there differences and are only signing a contract for money ...nothing else!

Get ready for expensive Arena tickets and sing classic songs like Jamies Cryin, Ain't talking bout love, Jump , Panama......Are we going to hear anything like Take your WHISKEY HOME, ...no way............it's going to be awkward to see this band together magically reappear on stage after all of the years of non sense.

Love you Dave, i'm happy you have your dream of getting Ed back on stage with you...good luck to the future.....if you can survive the tantrums of Ed. It would be so COOL TO HEAR ME WISE MAGIC LIVE

TMRDLR
02-09-2007, 04:17 AM
I wish this was a EEAS renion

bueno bob
02-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by TMRDLR
First of all no one can still believe the band is in the studio working together!

Well, it's rehearsal at this point, probably. As far as what constitutes "working", that's up in the air as of yet.

It's not like they are making a new cd....this will be the same music Dave has been singing for years and the only difference is Ed on guitar which to me doesn't mean much. Can he play as good as STEVE VAI..........no WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Well, I can't stand Steve Vai and would prefer Dave being with Ed (in whatever shape) 100% more.

Then it's cool that Wolfgang will be on tour getting experience and will end up being a great talent someday...

Well, nobody knows that for sure...

but it's not going to be a fun tour because Ed and Dave have not settled there differences and are only signing a contract for money...nothing else!

Your source on this is...?

Get ready for expensive arena tickets and sing classic songs like Jamies Cryin, Ain't talking bout love, Jump , Panama......Are we going to hear anything like Take Your Whiskey Home...no way............it's going to be awkward to see this band together magically reappear on stage after all of the years of nonsense.

There's no telling at this point what the set list will consist of. Odds are it'll be a hit show, but are you saying that's a bad thing?

Christ, man, this is classic music. I never get tired of hearing it.

Love you Dave, i'm happy you have your dream of getting Ed back on stage with you...good luck to the future.....if you can survive the tantrums of Ed. It would be so COOL TO HEAR ME WISE MAGIC LIVE

May happen, you never know...

binnie
02-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Dave and Ed on stage IS exciting.

Not perfect, but exciting.

ThrillsNSpills
02-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Haven't seen a TMR for EEAS thread in years.

ELVIS
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I dumped one the other day...

PHOENIX
02-09-2007, 09:23 AM
WHATS UP TMR!

EEAS REUNION COMING SOON!

Little Texan
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Tickle My Rectum is back! :D

binnie
02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Who is this TMR?

He seems pretty infamous?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
*YAWN*

Matt White
02-09-2007, 11:11 AM
HA!!!

Well...ya know...nobody has a gun to anybodis head.....

If ya ain't "excited"...stay the FUCK home.......:p

fryingdutchman
02-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Hard to get too excited when the talk of a "splashy LA press conference" was apparently substituted with a couple of paragraphs on a website, and we haven't really heard much of anything except Eddies brief ramblings.

The excitement will ramp up when the website is overhauled and we start getting some pics of the band together.

Atomic Dyver
02-09-2007, 12:27 PM
While we can dispute many aspects of whats going on, the greatness of the CVH tunes cannot be disputed.

PHOENIX
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
and the only difference is Ed on guitar which to me doesn't mean much. Can he play as good as STEVE VAI..........no WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Dude you will be the first in line to lick Eddies sweaty balls just to be able to hold the "Frankenstrat" for even a second.

You and i both know that one kick in the balls for Vai and he will be out of tune for the next ten years.:D

hideyoursheep
02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Dave and Ed on stage IS exciting.

Not perfect, but exciting.

Truth is,it was NEVER perfect, and that's what made it exciting.

Who wants a cookie cutter rock show that sounds exactly like the album?That's what made VH.

And post-Dave VH is what ruined it.Either Ed's having a slight moment of clarity, or it's his way to get Wolfchild's feet wet.
Either way,keep your eyes and ears open,'cause in this man's opinion,it's better than the Po-Po-Police. :rockit:

Prothro
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Fuck it , I am just ready to see Dave again.

rocknrolldork
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Then it's cool that Wolfgang will be on tour getting experience and will end up being a great talent someday...but it's not going to be a fun tour because Ed and Dave have not settled there differences and are only signing a contract for money ...nothing else!

Get ready for expensive Arena tickets and sing classic songs like Jamies Cryin, Ain't talking bout love, Jump , Panama......Are we going to hear anything like Take your WHISKEY HOME, ...no way............it's going to be awkward to see this band together magically reappear on stage after all of the years of non sense.

Me Wise Magic sounds like a leftover Van Gaygar tune with Dave on Vox. I hate the way Ed tries to make super-poppy choruses now. He needs to get back to mean, dark, brooding riffs and attack his solos instead of wank.

Also........

Ed has more natural feel for playing than Vai does. Vai is a very technical player and plays straight and metronome-y. Ed is technical (maybe not as technical though) and just rolls with the natural feel of the song. Apples and oranges.

Listen to the EEAS or Skyscraper show boots. It's kind of tough to listen to Vai because he plays so straight.

jasons9745
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I am in agreement...EEAS DLR BAND REUNION is an awesome idea.....those fuckers could play....Vai is scary...not only could he mimic Ed, he surpassed him in everyway.......VH is Dave, Ed, Alex and MA, unfortunately we may never get to see that again...

rustoffa
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Hard to get too excited when the talk of a "splashy LA press conference" was apparently substituted with a couple of paragraphs on a website, and we haven't really heard much of anything except Eddies brief ramblings.

Personally? An un-announced gig on a flat bed trailer truck would be perfect. Rolling down Hollywood blvd @ 8 in the morning...full-on burning effigys of Nicole Ritchie!

NATEDOG001976
02-10-2007, 02:05 AM
I wish this was a EEAS renion

Hey newb, it roocks. Next question.

Matt White
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Let's face it....

A small percentage of posters wouldn't make it to a CLASSIC VAN HALEN reunion...even with all 4 members.....

75% of CLASSIC VAN HALEN...which INCLUDES DAVE......

If that isn't exciting......hey...more power to ya:p

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
EEAS band was far better than VH. It's too bad they couldn't have kept that together. 2 records was NOT enough!!

mickeba

matt19
02-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Whats with all the fookin Noobs?

bueno bob
02-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by mickeba
EEAS band was far better than VH. It's too bad they couldn't have kept that together. 2 records was NOT enough!!

mickeba

You think so, hunh?

:D

Knuclebones03
02-17-2007, 05:11 PM
To each his own I guess. Im excited about this reunion thats for sure. I know they will sell out where ever they play. A lot of older fans are up for this one thats for sure. See you there

vh rides again
02-17-2007, 05:49 PM

mickeba are you kidding me?
LLLLLLLLLLLLoser.

mickeba
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
At least they had Dave and not Sam!

mickeba

vh rides again
02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
At least they had Dave and not Sam!

mickeba

i owe you an apology then, i thought you were talkin bout vh with dave.

go ahead insult me , i deserve it.

Terry
02-17-2007, 10:12 PM
This reunion isn't as exciting as what happened in, say, 1996...because ten-odd years ago pretty much nobody thought they'd ever be getting back together again.

Nowadays, it's kinda like "Hey, about fucking TIME!"

After Van Halen 3 flopped and Van Hagar 2004 didn't generate much heat, the Van Halens finally woke up and realized what many of us had known for years, that getting Dave back was inevitable because it just made good sense. The band were clearly at their best with him out front, and nothing else was ever really going to work.

The excitement level isn't as high as if all four were back and cooking up some killer new material for us, either, but I'm pretty stoked about it. Am defintiely more excited about this than if Dave was just gonna hit the road solo-style again for another setlist chock-full of CVH. If he's gonna do that, he might as well do it with the Van Halens.

It's kinda bittersweet, but better late than fucking never.

Matt White
02-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not very optimistic aboot any "new material".......

Very few CLASSIC bands get back together...this late in the game...and produce anything that stands with their best work...

All I need to see is a couple of KICKASS shows and I'll be good to go....

DAVE can go back to doing his thing...touring every summer and throwing a blow-out bash...

And the sisters can go back to hording their pennies & dimes...........

Brettt
02-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Why aren't you boneheads excited?

I'll tell you why.

Because it aint...

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2083/vh2009mc3.jpg

vhwithroth2007
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Baby steps. They know they need each other.