• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

James Hetfield is alive and well

JAMES ALIVE AND WELL
    Several news agencies have falsely reported a rumor that METALLICA frontman James Hetfield took his own life by swallowing a dozen sleeping pills. The rumor has manifested onto METALLICA message boards and across the world. These reports are FALSE. Here is a statement from Metallica.com concerning this issue:
    "Contrary to what you may have read on message boards or heard from news agencies, James Hetfield is alive and doing extremely well. Thank you for everyone's concern."
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

well..since they just played a show here sat. night ...i would have to concur....or did this supposedly happen LAST night???

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Well James Hetfield ain't dead, but Metallica might as well be!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

They're here tonight in Norfolk, probably hit the stage in about an hour...

I had to skip it, too much other shit to do tonight.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• thefive

Lars is just annoying. So is Hatfield

Comment

• thefive

Ever see this site???

Comment

• thefive

ah the flash and audio doesnt work

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

I hadn't heard the rumor, but I'm glad it's not true.
                Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

That would truly be the end of Metallica. I still live in eternal hope (just like Van Halen) that they can return to their former greatness.
                  That could never happen without Jaymz. Glad to hear he is not dead !
                  I remember when Cliff Burton got killed. That was a major blow..
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

How 'bout we get Hetfield to sing for Van Halen? Van Hetfield LOL
                    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Lou

You know, it's only been in the past few months where the two rock stations around here have been playing old-school Metallica on a semi-regular basis. All I had ever heard before was stuff from the Black Album on, basically all of which I couldn't stand. Now hearing the old-school stuff like "Am I Evil," "Blackened," "Master of Puppets"...it's actually pretty damn good. I never thought I'd like Metallica but wow those are good songs. I could tell that they really meant it back then, that it had some soul. When I hear the Black Album shit onward, besides still not liking it, it's very clear to me that it was ALL for the purposes of selling out. The feel and the sound is just so different--much more mainstream, and just crappy and uninspired.

Comment

• Hecubus
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Yay. That means that they can continue to make 'quality' albums.

Yay.

The worst thing that those pricks did was drive Newsted from the band.
                        "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                        "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                        "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                        "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                        "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                        "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                        "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• PHOENIX
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
                          Yay. That means that they can continue to make 'quality' albums.

Yay.

The worst thing that those pricks did was drive Newsted from the band.
                          I miss Newsted.

I dont like the new guy. Men are not supposed to have pig tails!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lou
                            Now hearing the old-school stuff like "Am I Evil," "Blackened," "Master of Puppets"...it's actually pretty damn good.
                            No shirt shitlock...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I guess the show was good last night, here's the setlist/review...

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...