PDA

View Full Version : Police reunion ticets $225, $90 and $50. Will VH be same?

kamaboko
02-12-2007, 10:30 AM
provided one can get tickets before the fuck-all scalping agencies do, these prices don't seem bad if VH follows suit. but...if one has to resort to a scalper this would suck some serious shit given that they usually charge 300 to 400 percent of original ticket price.

Rikk
02-12-2007, 10:39 AM
VH tickets will not be more. THE POLICE is going to be the highest-grossing tour of 2007. VH will be a bit behind that...they'll probably charge the same.

bantonelli
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Police tix are very reasonable and I'm glad their not taking advantage of fans to pay some huge price tag for their "reunion tour", which promises to be a great concert.

I think Van Halen's tix will still be higher.

Rikk
02-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised the Police's tickets are relatively afforable. I thought the corporate crowd would be the only audience they'd be selling to. I'm gonna pick up a pair of tickets.

Polk High
02-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe it's me but I could care less about a police reunion, I wouldn't pay those prices to see them reunite.

Rikk
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey, it's not for everyone. I think they were a helluva band. I still think they were sometimes a better studio band than live band...but the POLICE LIVE video I bought some years back has been well worn out in my old VHS player.

scottydabodi
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
You bet yer sweet bippie they'll be the same price.

Ed needs beer money, Al needs a new neck brace, and Wolfie needs an inflatable love doll.

Diamondjimi
02-12-2007, 12:32 PM
$225.00..........No thanks........

VanHalener
02-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi

Ed needs beer money, Al needs a new neck brace, and Wolfie needs an inflatable love doll.

You're right, but screw that. I already scoped the place out and figured out how I am getting in free. As much as I love Van Halen I am pissed that Mike is not there and I am not givig the two sisters and a baby SQUAT!

Since my anger has nothing to do with DLR I think I will mail him my entry fee and a bottle of 12 year old Jameson.

hideyoursheep
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
$2.50..........No thanks........

That's what I'm sayin.:cool:

MERRYKISSMASS2U
02-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
Maybe it's me but I could care less about a police reunion, I wouldn't pay those prices to see them reunite.

You're definitely not alone.... I can't stand Sting.

David Lee Rocks
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
$225.00..........No thanks........

that Is a bit much for the Police,

Terry
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Around a hundred is a reasonable price, for both of the bands.

$225?

MAYBE for the original CVH lineup touring behind a killer new album, but not for a one-off oldies tour with Ed's kid on bass.

I think the Police are gonna do better business in part because it's only been a few years since a VERSION of Van Halen toured and the buzz on Ed isn't too hot, whereas the Police haven't played live since, what...the last full-on tour was in 1983? Several shows for Amnesty International in 1986, so over twenty years...

And the Police have at least as many top 40 hits as probably all the versions of Van Halen combined, PLUS the original lineup, PLUS they've previewed it at the Grammys so people have an idea of what the performance level is (i.e. they can still play)...

Are Van Halen 2007 gonna play a couple of tunes at the RnRHoF, or is it gonna be a leap of faith buying these tix for this band sight unseen/unheard?

PumpedUpMidget
02-12-2007, 09:08 PM
The Police won't get a buck from me..

Atomic Dyver
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi

Nah Wolfie made his own doll in arts and crafts.

As far as ticket prices? Inflated egos lead to inflated prices.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-13-2007, 12:56 AM
The Police? Did anyone who was into rock n roll, back in the day, really get into this group? The Police? No disrespect for their musicianship, but the Police I remember, were boring as 16 candles.

Brett
02-13-2007, 01:16 AM
I always dug the Police, great band. I ain't paying $225 to see them however.

DLRdelight!
02-13-2007, 01:56 AM
i agree. its all about vh for mw and to be honest, their performance at the grammys that i warched on youtube was boring

DLRdelight!
02-13-2007, 01:57 AM
i meant to quote polk high by the way, but it didnt work

kamaboko
02-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
The Police? Did anyone who was into rock n roll, back in the day, really get into this group? The Police? No disrespect for their musicianship, but the Police I remember, were boring as 16 candles.

first couple of records had some serious attitude. it was refreshing. i like the police.

Hardrock69
02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
TicketBastard Online Presale starts tomorrow.

VH LINKS SUCKS
02-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I’ve seen The Police back in the day and it’ll be worth every penny to see them now! When you have the likes of Madonna and The Stones charging a ridiculous $500 a seat for floors, this is a bargain! That’s the price you pay these days when a band like The Police are cashing in on a reunion, all the power to them!

DlocRoth
02-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I loved the Police...

Having said that, I will go....

However, it's all up to Sting. You know he will arrange the songs, ie. the Grammys where he seemed to scat a bit.

If Sting brings some early Police attitude, the shows will be great. If it's Sting solo attitude, it could be a snooze.

But I digress......

Having never seen Dave n Ed play together live....I suppose I'd pay what I had to.:cool:

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-13-2007, 11:12 AM
See, now that's the beautiful thing about music. The Police don't do anything for me, but for alot of people, the Police reuniting, is a big deal. All the power to ya, enjoy.

madraoul
02-18-2007, 11:58 AM
The Police reunion appears to be a bit more organized at this point. But, there is still a ton of internet bitching about getting tickets thru that scourge of the concert going public, Ticketmaster.

If VH waits much longer, the free for all for tickets is going to be at least as exciting as the actual show.

Damn, I miss the days when all you had to do to get tickets was camp out in front of the record store.

diamondsgirl
02-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I saw the Police back in the day too. They played with The Fixx and Flock of Seaguls. :D

I could care less if I see them again. They didn't impress me all that much.

cMb
02-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Call me a cheapskate, but these price seem pretty friggin high to me. $50 for a lawn ticket? Fuck that!
Man, what would you guys think is an expensive ticket? $1000?

$225 is definitely more 'corporate-friendly' than 'fan-friendly'.

The Police are boring anyway. Fuck them.

pflo
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I got 4 for $300, sell two for double and voila, going for free. A little planning pays off when you know the show will sell out. Vancouver sold out in 15 minutes.In the end , it wont cost me a cent.

bueno bob
02-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I won't pay that much for The Police. I'll tap out at about $35-$40, no more than that. If they go for that range, sure, but even $10.00 more is too much for me. I like The Police as much as the next person, but I'm really not that excited.

I'll drop up to $100 for Van Halen.

$500 if Mike's there. :)

Susie Q
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
The Eagles prices were astronimical when they toured a while back. What about the Stones when they came through? Insane prices. When I heard about Van Halen, I said...damn....time to sell the baby. :p

BUT, I think a reasonable price would be as much as $85 a ticket. Nothing more. They will get more money if they do a DVD after the tour, a new album, new trinkets, shirts, etc...they can cash in other ways.

pflo
02-18-2007, 08:26 PM
The market bears what the market bears....20 dollar shows are not feasable for the big acts anymore. Maybe 20 years ago, but we are ALL making more than we were then, and shows are better now, technology wise..The PROMOTERS are paying the bands a set amount , for these nostalgia acts its often over 1 million per show. I dont think $100 is out of line if the show is GOOD, that is, they invest in making all seats great, ala Pink Floyd. I would rather pay more to have a better show, production wise. Most of us make $100+ a day anyway, whats the big deal? To see some shit movie is now 12 bucks, and its not even live, a total recording (with some asshole behind you talking through it).