X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c5150b
    Roadie
    • Jun 2004

Survey Email From Live Nation

Anyone else get this survey? I didn't see any other post recently but too tired to search too hard.

They asked questions like:
    Would you go see VH
    Have you seen VH
    Did you see them in 2004
    demographic questions of you and friends you went with
    How much you would pay for front section
    and so on

Take our Van Halen survey for a chance to win a pair of concert tickets!

We want to hear about your concert experiences because your feedback helps us to create unforgettable live music experiences for you, the fan.

Please click on the link and answer the questions to be automatically entered into the drawing!

Click here for official rules and regulations.
  • TheArchitect
    Groupie
    • Oct 2006

They are fishing for pricing/venue information. I don't think they expected the luke warm reaction they got from Roth's return. The fact that the band won't do shit to support/promote the tour isn't helping either. The Police getting back together has pretty much snuffed out any buzz there was in the press and without management to muzzle Eddie and prevent all the insanity he spews to the press I don't knbow how the hell they get this off the ground.

The rumors of yet another greatest hits package is turning stomachs everywhere. One would think musicians would be into making music, not just making money

Comment

• lonnieg5
      Roadie
      • Jul 2005

The fact that Mike won't be there is killing the buzz for everyone by now.

At first I was so excited about Dave that I didn't even care about the bass player. But now I'm having second thoughts.

Rumor is that when they come here to Vegas they're going to play a 2500-seat room at the Palms. Not the "big-arena, renunion-of-the-century" experience I was hoping for at all.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

This sounds a little ominous, as though the promoters don't really know how to promote thois reunion, or how much of a success/ failure its gonna be....

Sounds like they know that 2004 has been very damaging...
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Casemeister
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

If they had Mike back and had Dave out there promoting this (assuming a real PR firm got him spots on TV, radio, in magazines, etc), it could be huge.

Right now it's turning into a joke. The brothers seem to have this thing about keeping everything secret. If you keep everything a secret for years on end, people will just stop caring. Most already have. Those who did care want Mike back anyway.

If they want to sell tickets for this "reunion," they're going to need to promote the hell out of it. Get rid of Ed's girlfriend as their PR person. The last thing Ed needs is yes-men (or women...). I liked VH3 a lot, but the bad bits of it had a lot to do with Ed having nobody to say "No... that doesn't work." Cherone didn't have that power, and Alex probably doesn't either. Now you have Wolfie in the band. Is he going to tell Ed what to do? I don't think so.

Get someone to promote the hell out of a tour. They can tell Ed that it NEEDS to be promoted. His girlfriend won't do that. They need a professional -- someone NOT linked to the band on a personal level.

Edward Van Halen is the only person who could fuck up a CVH reunion. Whenever someone in a professional relationship with him either disagrees with him or pisses them off, he fires them. He seems to think he's proving a point and doing it "his" way. All he's doing is proving what an idiot he has been, when it comes to this band, ever since he started to gain control.

If Dave took charge, got Mike back, and made decisions on the business side of things (like the old days...), maybe we'd have a real tour on our hands -- a tour that people gave a damn about. Sadly, that most likely would NOT happen. See, if Dave took charge, Ed would fire him.

"Lead Singer Disease," indeed, Edward.
          Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie

As was 1996 & that crappy year of VHIII. The Police haven't played together in 20 years, so they haven't ruined anything. VH has played with Gary Cherone in 1997 & Sammy in 2004. Those two tours alone probably lost them a lot of fans. The last decent VH concert was in 1995 supporting Balance, and even that was a stretch.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• perticelli
              Groupie
              • Mar 2004

is there any way to put a live link on here so we can all go and give a piece of our minds??

thx
              Radio without the Rules

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by binnie

The last 23 years have been damaging
                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheArchitect
                  They are fishing for pricing/venue information....

... One would think musicians would be into making music, not just making money
                  I agree 100%

They have to think of the money side of things, but do they have to bend everyone over while they are doing it?
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Atomic Dyver
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vanhalener
                    I agree 100%

They have to think of the money side of things, but do they have to bend everyone over while they are doing it?
                    Yes, yes they do...because its also an ego thing.
                    The bigger the ego, the larger the price. Its another form of prick waving.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Live link please.

Live link.

Comment

• c5150b
                        Roadie
                        • Jun 2004

It was in an email and when I reclicked to look at it further it said I had already taken the survey. Let me do some thinking..I'll forward it to the wife and she what it says from her computer. Might be an IP thing?

Comment

• c5150b
                          Roadie
                          • Jun 2004

Here's a link for the details of the giveaway. Maybe you guys can hack on it.

Comment

• c5150b
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2004

Notice the logo?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Thanks for the link....examining now...

Comment

Working...