PDA

View Full Version : opening song of the show??

Fairwrning
04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
ok..ok...what do you think these fags will open with?? Instead of ,oh..i dunno.."romeo delight".."unchained".."on fire".."hot for teacher" or even "atbl"....
I guess they could start out with Eddie on the piano singing "how many say I"...or perhaps a rousing rendition of "when its love"...
or the classic "finish what you started"....
man..talk about laying a big, fat turd opening night...then having to let that bastard sing!!

Alex Mogilny
04-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I think they will open with "Humans Being".

cwsmith17
04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Who gives a shit, I'm going because I want to see Eddie, Alex and Mike. If anyone denies that they wouldn't want to see them then they are full of shit and just talk shit on this site. In the end they go because they still want to see amazing musicians. Not including Sam.

cwsmith17
04-26-2004, 09:27 PM
David Lee Roth is one of the greatest entertainers to ever live. Period.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't go see Van Hagar if it were free and they were playing on my front fucking lawn. That band is dead. Has been since 85. garbage rock. Anyone that goes to see "Ed, Mike and Al" are all fooling themselves. What do you think your gonna get? How can you pay to see a bunch of backstabbing liars and drunks? I dont get it. Guess I have to be a Spam fan.

I think they will open with their great rendition of....Bette Midler's "The Rose". ;)

cwsmith17
04-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I wouldn't go see Van Hagar if it were free and they were playing on my front fucking lawn. That band is dead. Has been since 85. garbage rock. Anyone that goes to see "Ed, Mike and Al" are all fooling themselves. What do you think your gonna get? How can you pay to see a bunch of backstabbing liars and drunks? I dont get it. Guess I have to be a Spam fan.

I think they will open with their great rendition of....Bette Midler's "The Rose". ;)

You are an absolute liar. When I see you there I'm gonna take your picture and post it all over this site!!!!!!!!

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL ok. you are on. you take my pic! :lol:

trust me. VH died in 85. reconvened in 96 for 2 new songs then died again.

The End.

Lou
04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
In all seriousness, I'll bet $100 the opener for every show is Poundgay. And if I were there, my stomach would be churning.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
your not going Lou? I thought you were a fan of both eras. seriously?

Dan
04-26-2004, 10:07 PM
No Dave,No Van Halen,Long live David Lee Roth

Lou
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
You know not only am I not going, but I feel absolutely zero regret. It's not like I'm tempted to go to a Van Hagar show to see Eddie and I'm holding back out of principle. I truly, honestly have no desire to go...there's nothing tugging at me, not even Eddie Van Liar himself.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 08:10 AM
I think his recent interviews really killed any respect I had for him. Actualy his interviews from 96 were what killed it for me. He needs therapy and a full apology to his fans before I spend a dime on him.

Wayne L.
04-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Poundcake....the concert video for RHRN is a preview of this reunion tour.

Panamark
04-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Perhaps they will open with a Spammy tequila commercial ? Who knows, who cares, who is going ? Obviously not enough people to sell out more than one show...

ALMOSTsaved
04-27-2004, 09:35 AM
As Dave once sang, "Time To Tell The Truth."

I'll probably attend a New Orleans show...if it happens.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
why? For Eddie? Blah... you're not getting the Eddie you know, or knew. You are getting an old man that's tired and broken down. He needs a kick in the ass to get that motivation he once had, there again. I know just the man for that job. :D

Bill Lumbergh
04-27-2004, 02:13 PM
"Ba da Ba BA bA I'm LOVIN' IT " With the big yellow arches on the video screen!

ALMOSTsaved
04-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I agree Big Troubles. Although, I feel like a DLR/VH reunion is inevitable, and I'm looking forward to it, I'm not a "fairweather" fan of Eddie's. I've admired his talent for years, and I don't wanna be one of those who starts liking him again just because he and Dave BOTH decide to open their eyes.

I'm optimistic that the time WILL come.

Know what I mean?

Bill Lumbergh
04-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cwsmith17
Who gives a shit, I'm going because I want to see Eddie, Alex and Mike. If anyone denies that they wouldn't want to see them then they are full of shit and just talk shit on this site. In the end they go because they still want to see amazing musicians. Not including Sam.

So you would go see the band, even if George Michael was the frontman?! (or should I say "rearman"?!)

AndyChad
04-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Going to open with Big Fat Money, just to remind everybody why they are doing it.

ALMOSTsaved
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by AndyChad
Going to open with Big Fat Money, just to remind everybody why they are doing it.

ALMOSTsaved
04-27-2004, 03:12 PM
oops. I hate that fucking song.

L.S.D.
04-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

Enjoy the cover band at the Local State Fair. You know, the one where dave pretends its 1984 and that people actually still care about his jump kicks and such.....

DLRismydad
04-27-2004, 03:16 PM
they have so many terrible songs to chose from like poundcake,when it's love and Dreams

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
Enjoy the cover band at the Local State Fair. You know, the one where dave pretends its 1984 and that people actually still care about his jump kicks and such.....

damn dude. Dont you have food stamps to cash in or something? Fuck. ;)

you still dont get it, and probably never will. You're not hurting my feelings by mentioning Dave playing state fairs and being stuck in a time warp of 84 and doing kicks etc...balding...spandex...Blah blah blah...same old Roth bashing. It doesn't affect me. I will take Dave at the local state fair doing his shtick from 84 then pay $300 to see a pretend rock n roll band. You got yours, I got mine.

Don't you have some gay bashing or racist comments to make somewhere?