PDA

View Full Version : VH demanding too much for English Monsters Gig

Atomic_Rob
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Classic Rock is sad to report that the Monsters Of Rock Festival - which made a storming comeback at Milton Keynes Bowl last year with a bill that included Deep Purple, Alice Cooper and Journey - is almost certainly on the back burner for 2007.

A source close to the MOR camp told us that given the availabilities (or lack of same) of several key artists, the staging of a Monsters Of Rock event this year is looking "very unlikely indeed".

Many big-name artists have already announced shows of their own this summer, or are committed to rival festivals. Ozzy Osbourne is playing Wembley Arena on June 19 (the same month that MOR 2007 would have been staged) while Iron Maiden are headlining the Download festival on June 10. Maiden are likely to be joined by the likes of Motley Crue and Saxon at Download, making it a significantly 'trad metal' day.

Meanwhile, Van Halen - reunited with frontman David Lee Roth, although we are still awaiting 100 per cent confirmation of that fact - are thought to be asking too much money to make an MOR appearance viable.

---------------------------------------------

Classic Rock Magazine Article (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=monsters_of_rock_2007_very)

Apologies if this has been posted before

Matt White
02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Hmmm....I wonder how much money we're talking aboot here......

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA!!!

"Will DAVE & VAN HALEN make money?!?"

Just a touch...:p

kamaboko
02-14-2007, 09:49 PM
OZ has set a pretty difficult price to beat for 07 summer: free.

katie
02-15-2007, 05:44 AM
The VH deal is only for an hour show
Which is the same amount of time Ozzy is on stage these days.

Katie

----------------------------------

Pets that Katie owns - AKA The Army Cry babys

fryingdutchman (Goon 1 - Desperalty trying to be a big boy)
Unchainme (Goon 2 - A preteen crybaby)
LoungeMachine (A moderator apperently LMFAO)
Matt White (moderator clown understudy)
Dan (Low IQ but trys hard)
Jimmy Jingles (mummy's boy)
FORD (Village Idiot's stupider brother)
Wawazat (just a another preteen kid)
diamondjimi (arse bandit but my fav little pet)
Rikk (His posts suggest that his IQ size is his dick size = 4)
rustoffa (Yes this shocked me to, the headline read ‘Has been poster is really an idiot shocker!’)

ThrillsNSpills
02-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Katie if you're going to disrespect the locals at least post a pic of yourself in your prime.

did they have cameras in '65?

Spills still loves ya

binnie
02-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Ok, well at least it shows that they're prepared to come over here.

Fuck, I'd rather they did one or two nights at Earls Court indoors, would be much better than a festival gig. Can't see them doing Leeds/Reading....

Motley Crue at Download, nah they'd have taken a headline spot on one of the three days (which have gone to Maiden, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance - Crue are a much bigger draw than the other two).

Metallica are also touring Europe this summer, playing festivals in June/ July (soon to be announced).

I suppose that over here Metallica could still play Reading/Leeds but that's the end of August. Preferably, I'd like to see them do their own gig at Milton Keynes Bowl, they're still a deadly live band....

Atomic_Rob
02-15-2007, 06:57 AM
VH should just headline the bowl on there own anyway, even if they don't sell out all 65,000, the capacity can be brought up and down depending on the demand.

Reading and Leeds is a waste of time, space and money. £70 to see Maiden in 2005 with no decent support bands? Fuck no.

Earls Court would be insane because of the size of the joint, a huge stage show and lighting rigs... Awesome

ELVIS
02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Ok, well at least it shows that they're prepared to come over here.

No it doesn't! It shows that they are money hungry pieces of shit!

Oh, suddenly they can charge top dollar without having actually played a show together ?!?

How come there's only a handful of us that can see through this crap and see it for what it really is ??

You know, if Edward emerged from his ashes and actually conducted a coherent interview along the lines of what Rikk posted, and appeared to be trying to get his act together and show some fan support, I might even change my tune and consider catching a show...

But no, we have rumors of one new song to add to the third greatest sucky hits in hopes of someone actually purchasing a copy...

It all STINKS!

Get ready sheeple...

Get in line with your $250 ticket stub to watch Dave barely make it through your favorite adolescent anthems, while Edward incoherently improvises over them till there's nothing left in your memory banks of what these guys used to be...

COUNT ME OUT!

:elvis:

binnie
02-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Oh, suddenly they can charge top dollar without having actually played a show together ?!?

How come there's only a handful of us that can see through this crap and see it for what it really is ??

You know, if Edward emerged from his ashes and actually conducted a coherent interview along the lines of what Rikk posted, and appeared th be trying to get his act together and show some fan support, I might even change my tune and consider catching a show...

But no, we have rumors of one new song to add to the third greatest sucky hits in hopes of someone actually purchasing a copy...

It all STINKS!

Get ready sheeple...

Get in line with your $250 ticket stub to watch Dave barely make it through your favorite adolescent anthems, while Edward incoherently improvises over them till there's nothing left in your memory banks of what these guys used to be...

COUNT ME OUT!

don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that this is about $$$ and not the fans. But I still want to see them live, and any indication that they would consider a gig in the UK is good news to me.

I was 2 when they split, and a chance to see them now would be insane...

binnie
02-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
VH should just headline the bowl on there own anyway, even if they don't sell out all 65,000, the capacity can be brought up and down depending on the demand.

Reading and Leeds is a waste of time, space and money. £70 to see Maiden in 2005 with no decent support bands? Fuck no.

Earls Court would be insane because of the size of the joint, a huge stage show and lighting rigs... Awesome

I think Earls Court is the best bet, not only from the show point of view (ie sound, lights and the volume of being indoors) but financially too: there's no way they'd sell 65,000 tickets over here.

Sure thye're legends and that will be a big draw. But Van Hagar hardly ever toured here, and the fan base thus diminished. consequently a big outdoor show on their own is a no go.

ELVIS
02-15-2007, 07:41 AM

I was 2 when they split, and a chance to see them now would be insane...

No, it's gonna be a let down no matter how you slice it, and there's not a snowball's chance in HELL they will even remotely resemble the real deal...

Take Black Sabbath with Ozzy for instance, they look and sound VERY close to how the looked and sounded in say 1975...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pmc27GQrRUk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pmc27GQrRUk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Notice Tony's son on bass ??

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU DON'T !!

No WAY will Van Halen approach that, with or without Mr. Anthony...

binnie
02-15-2007, 07:54 AM

Notice Tony's son on bass ??

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU DON'T !!

Elvis, you are absolutely right.

But at this stage in the game (last chance saloon) i'll take 75%, just to see Ed and Dave together again. I know it's not gonna be perfect, and that there's a chance it'll be a complete disaster, but it's a chance worth taking in my book.

However, I understnad your view entirely...

ELVIS
02-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Well, like I said...

My tune would possibly change if Edward conducted some interviews along the lines of Rikk's fantasy post...

binnie
02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
All is quite is camp Van Halen, are they planning a grand (re)entry onto the scene, or just being the insufferable, un-co-operative cunts that they have been for as long as we can all remember.

Only time will tell....

kamaboko
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Elvis, you are absolutely right.

But at this stage in the game (last chance saloon) i'll take 75%, just to see Ed and Dave together again. I know it's not gonna be perfect, and that there's a chance it'll be a complete disaster, but it's a chance worth taking in my book.

However, I understnad your view entirely...

slice it up and cook it anyway you want, it's still VH4.

binnie
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by kamaboko
slice it up and cook it anyway you want, it's still VH4.

Not denying that for a second my friend, but it is also Dave and Ed back on stage together....

ELVIS
02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
What if Edward demands they stand on separate stages ??

katie
02-15-2007, 09:47 AM
From what I can gather VH have/are rehearsing a 1-hour set and are looking to go out on a strong 3-band billing.

To be honest I think Dave would have problems with 90mins - 2 Hour set.

Same as Ozzy really, each year you get a little less.

Can't see the show coming to the UK it doesn't seem financially viable at the moment.
Plus remember back in the day (84 Donington) their fan base was unsure in the Uk so promoters placed them 2nd on the bill to AC/DC. My point being just because they sell out the USA does not mean that they will sell out large venues in the UK.
Which they would need to do for the money they are allegedly asking.
Can't see any UK prompter willing to take the risk.

Katie

----------------------

rustoffa (Yes this shocked me to, the headline read ‘Has been poster is really an idiot shocker!’)

hideyoursheep
02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
It's not that they're base was unsure, more like AC/DC was already established and weren't going to play runner-up on 84 MOR. It was that way throughout Europe, not only GB.
45-1 hr. of AC/DC? No.

The 07 thing might be about the headliner-they may have pushed for it,but the other bands have released new material-something Wolf Halen hasn't done,so why give 'em top dollar/top billing?

Diamondjimi
02-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by kuntie
From what I can gather VH have/are rehearsing a 1-hour set and are looking to go out on a strong 3-band billing.
And where do you gather these assumptions, in that little warped reality of a "mind" you possess?
That little world where slurping Ross Halfin's pork gets you "special" inside info !?
A one hour set? Fuck off , you're dreaming....

Honest? You have no concept of the word. (see: I have pics of VH MK.4)
Have you even been to a Roth show , or even a CVH show?
Dave has been ready for this for years .
He will have no problems with a 90+ minute show ,Shepig !

----------------------

Bwahahaha....
Do you actually type this out every post?
What a daft cunt. You really have no fuckin concept of how to use the "user cp" do ya?
You're as bright as a 3 watt bulb.....

Jimi loves ya !

katie
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
It's not that they're base was unsure, more like AC/DC was already established and weren't going to play runner-up on 84 MOR. It was that way throughout Europe, not only GB.
45-1 hr. of AC/DC? No.

It was set in stone that AC/Dc would healine this anyway.
Plus they played a full show 1 3/4 hour set like they did in 81 at Donington.

(I have the bootlegs for those two gigs somewhere)

Katie

--------------------------------

Pets that Katie owns - AKA The Army Cry Babys Hall of Fame

ELVIS ( his life is so dull he can write his diary one week in advance)
Hardrock69 (Ah good ol limpcock, he tried to be hardcore & failed on so many occasions)

Hardrock69
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
You're as bright as a 3 watt bulb.....

Hey that is an insult to 3-watt light bulbs everywhere!

katie
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Little diamondjimi getting pissed cos he aint my number one anymore.

What a muppet! LOL

Katie still loves ya!

diamondjimi (arse bandit watch out!)
ELVIS ( his life is so dull he can write his diary one week in advance)
Hardrock69 (Ah good ol limpcock, he tried to be hardcore & failed on so many occasions)

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by katie
coming to the UK it doesn't seem financially viable at the moment.
Plus remember back in the day (84 Donington) their fan base was unsure in the Uk so promoters placed them 2nd on the bill to AC/DC. My point being just because they sell out the USA does not mean that they will sell out large venues in the UK.

If they were to come over here, they'd have to be realistic, true. But, I think they could practically sell out on an arena tour. Dave practically sold out the 3000-5000 capacity venues on his last UK trek in 2004...and that was without the brand name. And BOBW reached number 1 in the UK rock chart in 2004, so I think they could almost sell out with a good support. But, not with overly priced tickets.

Rikk
02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
This is for the one or two guys that got turned on by this inbred Yorkshire Pudding.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/rikk75/Katie.jpg

What a muppet! LOL

Katie still loves ya!

hideyoursheep
02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
[B]It was set in stone that AC/Dc would healine this anyway.
Plus they played a full show 1 3/4 hour set like they did in 81 at Donington.[B]

I know...I saw the Nuremburg show....

hideyoursheep
02-15-2007, 11:00 AM
She the one on the left?

Nice glamour shot.BWAHAHAHAHHA!

katie
02-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
If they were to come over here, they'd have to be realistic, true. But, I think they could practically sell out on an arena tour. Dave practically sold out the 3000-5000 capacity venues on his last UK trek in 2004...and that was without the brand name. And BOBW reached number 1 in the UK rock chart in 2004, so I think they could almost sell out with a good support. But, not with overly priced tickets.

I remember Dave playing these -

28.02.04 Hammersmith Apollo London
01.03.04 Wolverhampton - Wulfrun Hall Wolverhampton
03.03.04 Vicar Street Venue Dublin

And i remember a few other dates were set up then cancelled.

With respect Shaun that is hardly sell out stuff.

I work at music week and i remember when he came over as he had no label support so there was hardly any advertising (my job) for this tour .

I saw the hammersmith one, which one did you go too?

Katie

-----------------------------------------

Unchainme (Goon 2 - A preteen cry baby)
LoungeMachine (A moderator apparently LMFAO)
Matt White (Moderator clown understudy)
Dan (Low IQ but try's hard)
Jimmy Jingles (Mummy's boy)
Wawazat (Just a another preteen kid)
diamondjimi (Arse bandit watch out!)
Rikk (Good ol prick! (Spelt with a silent P) His posts suggest that his IQ size is his dick size = 4)
ELVIS (his life is so dull he can write his diary one week in advance)

binnie
02-15-2007, 11:02 AM
What if Edward demands they stand on separate stages ??

Y'know what, that wouldn't surprise me...

binnie
02-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
This is for the one or two guys that got turned on by this inbred Yorkshire Pudding.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/rikk75/Katie.jpg

Is that really Katie?

binnie
02-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Bang on the money their Shaun, an arena tour is viable.

But would they want to do it? A lot more work than one big festival pay-off.....

I'd still bank on 1 or 2 big Earls Court gigs myself....

ThrillsNSpills
02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Is that really Katie?

She's since ditched the blue suit, but yes, that's her.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I remember Dave playing these -

28.02.04 Hammersmith Apollo London
01.03.04 Wolverhampton - Wulfrun Hall Wolverhampton
03.03.04 Vicar Street Venue Dublin

And i remember a few other dates were set up then cancelled.

With respect Shaun that is hardly sell out stuff.

I work at music week and i remember when he came over as he had no label support so there was hardly any advertising (my job) for this tour .

I saw the hammersmith one, which one did you go too?

Katie

He played Manchester and Glasgow as well.

I was at Manchester, and it seemed to sell well enough...it sold nicely downstairs and I could see people in the balcony from where I was.

Diamondjimi
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM

What a muppet! LOL

Nice comeback!

That all ya got Miss Piggy?

I wish I knew how to properly make a sig. !
[/B]

Matt White
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Okay.....

Let's move along people....

Nothing to see here.........

Atomic_Rob
02-15-2007, 01:34 PM
They might be better off playing under Iron Maiden at this years Download Festival, although they wouldnt get booked if they're charging a fortune.

If worst comes to worst and people aren't sure on the attendances, stick 2 nights at Hammersmith Odeon on sale and the add other UK venues depending on the demand.

WACF
02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I agree with Elvis here.

VH need to earn the right to a top dollar rate again...for Eddie to think he can just restep back into the top is just ridiculous.

Like Hagar or not....the fact the 2004 tour flopped and barely left a mark should tell that dimwit that "HE" does not rate anymore.

He let it slip away...

Atomic Dyver
02-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, like I said...

My tune would possibly change if Edward conducted some interviews along the lines of Rikk's fantasy post...

He's a very busy man, here's his itinerary:

Get drunk
Smoke cigs
think of ways to screw CVH fans.
Ponder a Daughtry fronted Van Halen after this mess is over.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Bang on the money their Shaun, an arena tour is viable.

But would they want to do it? A lot more work than one big festival pay-off.....

I'd still bank on 1 or 2 big Earls Court gigs myself....

It'd only be 4, 5, maybe 6 nights out of their life.

The American tour would be MORE difficult.

In fact, It'd probably be better for them if they did a few weeks in the UK first before going to their homeland. Thats what most UK acts do...tour somewhere in Europe before coming over here.

jhale667
02-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Is that really Katie?

No, THIS is...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Mariaworkout.gif

ELVIS
02-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver

I don't think he's that coherent...

Daughtry wouldn't play with that drunk...

binnie
02-16-2007, 03:31 AM
It'd only be 4, 5, maybe 6 nights out of their life.

The American tour would be MORE difficult.

In fact, It'd probably be better for them if they did a few weeks in the UK first before going to their homeland. Thats what most UK acts do...tour somewhere in Europe before coming over here.

4 or 5 days might seem a perfectly reasonable request for me or you, but this is Van Halen: nothing is simple....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
True, actually.

Atomic_Rob
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
When would they likely do a European tour?

End of the year? Summer 2008?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-16-2007, 04:53 PM
They probably wont. They haven't actually come over here too often. Last time it was with Hagar and supporting Bon Jovi (and that for me is worse than an etrnity in HELL).

Atomic_Rob
02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
They came over here on 4 out of 6 tours, I don't think thats bad going to be honest, plus as I said, Dave was tearing it up over here in 2004

saint
02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Sweden Rock Festival wants them to headline one of their three days, along with Heaven and Hell and Aerosmith. If the headliner announced this monday is Aerosmith there is still a small possibility that it could be Van Halen, even if it’s far fetched. If Mondays announcement says some other band then its not gonna happen.

Jano
02-17-2007, 01:30 PM

Same as Ozzy really, each year you get a little less.

Can't see the show coming to the UK it doesn't seem financially viable at the moment.

Katie

----------------------

Another ugly unsatisfied bitch!

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
They came over here on 4 out of 6 tours, I don't think thats bad going to be honest, plus as I said, Dave was tearing it up over here in 2004

Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more (well, if I thought aboot it I probably could think of something I wanted more, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it), and I hope against hope that I'm wrong.

But, they are infamous for being difficult.

Perhaps if the American tour goes well, they'll come overseas.

binnie
02-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd love a European tour, but as I said in another thread I think there's more likelihood of Penelope Cruz letting me cum on her face....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Having said that, I believe she's a bit of a slut.

Big Troubles
02-18-2007, 11:12 AM

You know, if Edward emerged from his ashes and actually conducted a coherent interview along the lines of what Rikk posted, and appeared to be trying to get his act together and show some fan support, I might even change my tune and consider catching a show...

It all STINKS!

Get ready sheeple...

COUNT ME OUT!

Fuck you turned bitta! ;)

A good PR move for VH 2.0 would be to play a few large outdoor FREE venues. Rio comes to mind. The VH's are gonna have to get their larger fan base back as most reviews, so far, indicate that not too many people are thrilled they are reuniting. Was it Rolling Stone where I read a quote from Dave that said "My voice sounds just as good, if not better than when I left in 84"? I find that hard to believe. They all look good together, except for Alex's "pickle in the ass stance"...
But I do agree with pElivs on one thing, I will NOT buy a ticket to a show unless there is a new album to support it. No new material is just a greatest hits tour (AGAIN) and that's somethin' Ed said he'd never do.

I want my new VH album. 20 fuckin songs please!

Big Troubles
02-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver
He's a very busy man, here's his itinerary:

Get drunk
Smoke cigs

you forgot change the combination lock to the VH vaults. (especially now that Dave is back in the studio) lol

Binky
02-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I've known for a month now that MoR is cancelled, or about 95% cancelled at least. Too many journalists have told me personally and put online that it's cancelled and ticket sites have taken it down. SOme of me mates from Keynes say the bowl can hold 85K and it was onlt 1/4 full so it didn't make much money. It helps to know people in the business, lol! *^_^* \m/

frets5150
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Shit for as long as they made us wait for 23+years they should pay us to show up.Fuckin money hungry Bastards if it were not for us they would still be playing dive bars.I'm done with these Fuckin Clowns...

frets5150
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
Shit for as long as they made us wait for 23+years they should pay us to show up.Fuckin money hungry Bastards if it were not for us they would still be playing dive bars.I'm done with these Fuckin Clowns...

:o

Douglas T.
02-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Didn't VAN HALEN ruin the US FEST for all other bands. Meaning it was the last US FEST due to the fact that, no other band dared step up next year after VH blew everyone away the year before! Or was it the fact that VH broke the US FEST bank!!

binnie
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Having said that, I believe she's a bit of a slut.

sounds like ny kind of girl...

DavidLeeNatra
02-18-2007, 05:05 PM

wow...so you've already been to the rehearsals?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Binky
I've known for a month now that MoR is cancelled, or about 95% cancelled at least. Too many journalists have told me personally and put online that it's cancelled and ticket sites have taken it down. SOme of me mates from Keynes say the bowl can hold 85K and it was onlt 1/4 full so it didn't make much money. It helps to know people in the business, lol! *^_^* \m/

I heard that too...but last years headliners were Deep Purple, and, as much as I love them, they can't sell out that much without Blackmore.

If they found a good headliner, I'm pretty sure they'd do pretty well.

binnie
02-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Judas Priest would be a good idea for a headliner...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Again...probably couldn't get as many people as they need to break even.

It'd have to be Maiden or Metallica or AC/DC or Aerosmith etc...

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I heard they got 30K in 2006, but that was the total allocation.

Aerosmith would be the best bet as a lot of fans are pissed about only one UK date.

saint
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by saint
Sweden Rock Festival wants them to headline one of their three days, along with Heaven and Hell and Aerosmith. If the headliner announced this monday is Aerosmith there is still a small possibility that it could be Van Halen, even if it’s far fetched. If Mondays announcement says some other band then its not gonna happen.

Well today they announced Aerosmith, so there is still a small chance that Van Halen will be the 3:rd headliner along with Heaven and hell and Aerosmith

binnie
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Aerosmith would be a good bet actaully....

Metallica are touring Europe this summer, starting in June; however, I reckon they could sell-out MKB on their own without the need of Monsters of Rock....

binnie
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Again...probably couldn't get as many people as they need to break even.

Judas Priest headlining with Heaven & Hell next on the bill, maytbe the Scorpions as well and Rush....

That might be strong enough to shift the tickets...

However, you are right that Priest might not be big enough...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Rush would have to headline.

They've never done an open air show in the UK, and they probably wont start now.

binnie
02-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, we can all dream I suppose.....

On a different note, Metallica have just announced they will be playing their own huge outdoor show in Vienna, and have also announced two festival shows in Greece and Belgium, with more to come.

Maybe they will come over and play MKB in July, and put some of these bands on the same bill, a strong possibility I reckon.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 07:49 AM
It's possible, I suppose.

But, I think Aerosmith would be the best bet.

Atomic_Rob
02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Aerosmith, New York Dolls, UFO, Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent, Roadstar

Monsters of Rock 2008

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 12:36 PM
That'd be KEWL...if you replace NYD with VH.

binnie
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Nah, I'd only ever wanna see VH headline!

Plus NYD are one my fav bands, and their new record is killer: not only did they pave the way for punk, they were so much more and had great lyrics, mind-bending ones actually..

Atomic_Rob
02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
New York Dolls are fuckin ace man, seen a few time over the last couple of years, they are well in with Classic Rock [which lets be honest, you need to be to play Monsters] so they are a perfect choice.

Van Halen would have to headline on their own, which I ain't complaining about, but seeing as things might have hit a snag, Aero coming back next year might be slightly closer to the mark.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know if VH could do as much business as Aerosmith in this CUNTry, though (realisticly).