PDA

View Full Version : Jones Beach and Pnc Arts Center for the New York area.

firestarter
02-16-2007, 01:59 PM
friend from q 104.3 says the big Vh rolls into JB and PNC THIS SUMMER, WOULD BE NICE IF THEY PLAYED MSG!!

jgdrag
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Are those outdoor?

firestarter
02-16-2007, 02:12 PM
yes both ampitheater and outdoor venues!!

DLR'sCock
02-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Well then I will be at the PNC in Holmdel, NJ, and a friend of mine who used to work there maybe can pull strings! :)

Expect me to make it to the Camden, NJ(Philly) show as well!!!!

MmboSlmrCasalad
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh, you bet I'll be there too!

How you been DLR's Cock?

DLR'sCock
02-16-2007, 03:21 PM
All cool Mambo! You?

MmboSlmrCasalad
02-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Cool here too. Been quiet in these parts, but like everyone else around here (whether they admit it or not!): I can't wait to catch this tour and will be there when they roll into our area...and maybe others! Dumb question, but see you there?

Carmine
02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
A little zen....headed your way....

fenway5150
02-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm gonna shoot for Jones Beach, CT and MA if possible.

I'm also gonna try and avoid reading any reviews and listening to any bootlegs. I don't wanna know the set list, I don't wanna know what the stage looks like....nothing. I wanna be completely surprised if at all possible.

Ally_Kat
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh, I hope they play MSG. Either that or it'll be time to make a friend who has a car.

AJW
02-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Oh, I hope they play MSG. Either that or it'll be time to make a friend who has a car.

I hope they play at The Garden as well. Great place to see a concert.

Ragingmike
02-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Jones Beach is amazing if you have orchestra seats. If you get seats in the upper tier, dont bother going. The sound is delayed 2 seconds behind the video screen. Plus the wind makes it worse. The stage is literally on top of the water.

5150meanstreet
02-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Ragingmike
Jones Beach is amazing if you have orchestra seats. If you get seats in the upper tier, dont bother going. The sound is delayed 2 seconds behind the video screen. Plus the wind makes it worse. The stage is literally on top of the water.

I gotta disagree Ragingmike. Seeing the show at Jones Beach (no matter what seat you have) is a great show and I always look forward to the JB Concert Series every summer ( BTW I live in Old Bethpage now and grew up in Great Neck. Graduated North High School in 1988).

Jones Beach is a much better alternative than Nassau Coliseum. Now that is one shitty venue.

Ragingmike
02-17-2007, 07:24 AM
5150, I do love the place. But I actually left a show because I had seats way too high. It was Stone Temple Pilots & Red Hot Chili Peppers. I left after STP because really was wasting my time being there. I couldnt see a thing, and I was able to have a normal conversation with my friend next to me. We were able to speak louder than the music, which really was 2 seconds behind the visual on the screen. I'm sure we passed each other at Jones Beach - I graduated Calhoun HIgh School in Merrick, 1988. I've seen many shows there.

monkeythe
02-17-2007, 09:50 PM
The Arts Center and Jones Beach are pathetic venues for a band like Van Halen to be making their comeback tour in. If they didn't screw up a decade ago they could have sold out Giants Stadium. Now they are playing the same places where the likes of Chicago and Steve Miller go every year to collect their summer job paychecks.

hideyoursheep
02-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
The Arts Center and Jones Beach are pathetic venues for a band like Van Halen to be making their comeback tour in. If they didn't screw up a decade ago they could have sold out Giants Stadium. Now they are playing the same places where the likes of Chicago and Steve Miller go every year to collect their summer job paychecks.

I had the same take.

they're gonna have to play up to that level again.

Baby steps. ;)

Jack68
02-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Fellas the pnc arts center is a pretty good sized venue.Great place to see a show especially in the summer.

Redballjets88
02-18-2007, 01:06 PM
when are they going to announce the dates? i want my tickets