PDA

View Full Version : VH reunion

mickeba
02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
I love these comments that Ed makes. "I want to get back to the core of what made Van Halen great" He's hilarious! It's like when Gary joined. Ed's take was, "Gary's my musical soulmate". When Roth left, Ed went on and on about how great it was gonna be coz Sammy could sing anything. And how they were never friends with Dave. Now it's all about the magic. Who does this guy think he is. I read a lot of posts on here and see a lot of people just buying into this and it's amazing. Ed's word just cannot be believed. He's like a snake oil salesman pulling in another group of suckers, and I just hope for the sake of the Van Halen legacy that this latest VH lineup isn't too horrendous. There's not been a lot of love out there for VH the last few years, and a lot of people have forgotten just how great this band was. This past weekend I listened to some of the Roth era stuff, VH2 and Fair Warning, and have to say that it was nice to hear this great music again. But, to have it tarnished by an ill advised tour would be unacceptable.

mickeba

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
But, to have it tarnished by an ill advised tour would be unacceptable.

Van Halen was tarnished when Hagar joined the band. Take a hike.

mickeba
02-17-2007, 12:38 AM
So you would like it to have ended? If not Hagar, then who?

mickeba

Rikk
02-17-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by mickeba

mickeba

Fuck yes. I wish the band broke up for a couple of years and then Dave rejoining in '88, '89...

That would have been nothing. The band breaking up for a few years. I could swallow that pill easily.

Not the shitfest that's happened to this band since '85.

Ed had some nice riffs during the non-Dave years...a few good moments...but mostly tarnishing the legacy with shit songs and lyrics pandering to housewives and mullet-heads.

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 12:51 AM

IT DID END!!!

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:04 AM
I wish Dave had never left. The worst thing about the Hagar years is that so many of Ed's solos now sound the same. nothing was groundbreaking in the Hagar years. VH became just another supergroup. And these tours, VH, Police, Eagles, they're just money grabs. It's not about the fans anymore, and it's certainly not about the music.

mickeba

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:07 AM
I wish Dave had never left. The worst thing about the Hagar years is that so many of Ed's solos now sound the same. nothing was groundbreaking in the Hagar years. VH became just another supergroup. And these tours, VH, Police, Eagles, they're just money grabs. It's not about the fans anymore, and it's certainly not about the music.

The worst thing about the Hagar years was Hagar!!

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM
You really hate Sammy! I'm not trying to egg you on really, though some of it, I will admit was bad. 5150 was a decent album, as was FUCK, but the rest was admittedly forgettable. Tell me though, would there have been another singer you'd have found acceptable instead of Hagar?

mickeba

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Tell me though, would there have been another singer you'd have found acceptable instead of Hagar?

I like plenty of rock singer/songwriters better than Sammy but no singer is acceptable in Van Halen except DLR.

Dan
02-17-2007, 01:22 AM
5150 was a decent album, as was FUCK.

O.k.:rolleyes:

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:26 AM
You really hate Sammy!

Just not a fan. In case you didn't notice, this is The ROTH Army.

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:26 AM
They are decent. They're not FW or 1984, but they're decent albums. None of the Hagar era matches up with the Dave era, but they sold a lot of records with Sammy. Someone out there bought it. Someone likes it. Balance was one of the worst albums ever, right up with the Cherone record. OU812 is completly horrendous.

mickeba

Rikk
02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
5150 was a decent album, as was FUCK...

Oh really?

I got a one track mind, my blinders up
Now all I gotta do is get up, go out an' get her
Got the first step down, I know what I want
All seven senses tryin' to deliver
My baby, let me fill you up inside (up inside)
Spread your wings an' open wide (open wide)
So hot, so hot, so hot
I'm a man on a mission, straight ahead
Let's talk, more action, with no distractions
I'm all conditioned, is it alright
Go for the action, with no distractions
You get every inch, play splat an' bone
And it's all wrapped up in a tight little bundle
I got an open mind, do anything
I am aware the ball might roll or tumble
So right down to the bottom of the top (ooh ooh)
I'm gonna get it all in one big pot (one big pot)
Yeah, she got, she got me hot
Uh, I'm a man on a mission, straight ahead
I'm all conditioned, I'm far off red
Oh yeah, uh, I got no expections, so get on in the way
Only thing that's on my mind - ah, she's forgotten my attention
What you take's the real kind - aw!
(Solo)
Uh! Ah! Come on, she got, she got, ah!
Man on a mission, straight ahead
No talk, more action, I got no distractions
I'm all conditioned, what I say
A man on a mission, up ahead
Ah yeah, whew, my kinda action, aw, uh
No distractions, I got no distractions
No distractions, ah, no distractions, I'm on a mission, whew, aw

http://www.rotharmy.com/images/56.jpg http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/fa/180px-Vh-lovewalksincover.jpg

No thanks. I take my music good.

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:29 AM
but they sold a lot of records with Sammy. Someone out there bought it.

Alot of people bought Britney Spears records too.

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Sammy is the worst song writer in rock history.

Dan
02-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Just not a fan. In case you didn't notice, this is The ROTH Army.

Roth On PlexiBrown.

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:31 AM
What I don't like about this reunion is that there has been so much negativity, hostility that it's hard to believe this is about anything but $$$!!! And it's primarily because of Ed. It seems like whenever you get on his bad side, he isn't very gracious and respectful. He had a right to be pissed at Dave, and he's got a right to be pissed at MA for being tight with Hagar, but he bashes these guys to the point that he's ignoring the success and good times they had because he's currently pissed off about whatevers going on at the moment. He said some shitty stuff about Dave, and vice versa. Now they're a "team" again. How can anyone think it's about anything but money, and why go along with it as fans? It just isn't respectful to the fans and the legacy.

mickeba

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:42 AM
How can anyone think it's about anything but money, and why go along with it as fans? It just isn't respectful to the fans and the legacy.

Enough about the legacy!! The legacy was fucked long ago. If you don't want any part of it then good for you. Don't worry about all the other fans. They can form their own opinions. You are in the wrong place.

Dan
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
What I don't like about this reunion is that there has been so much negativity, hostility that it's hard to believe this is about anything but $$$!!! And it's primarily because of Ed. It seems like whenever you get on his bad side, he isn't very gracious and respectful. He had a right to be pissed at Dave, and he's got a right to be pissed at MA for being tight with Hagar, but he bashes these guys to the point that he's ignoring the success and good times they had because he's currently pissed off about whatevers going on at the moment. He said some shitty stuff about Dave, and vice versa. Now they're a "team" again. How can anyone think it's about anything but money, and why go along with it as fans? It just isn't respectful to the fans and the legacy.

mickeba

So are you going to any Shows then?

mickeba
02-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I couldn't imagine going to a show. i heard that on the last tour that Ed could hardly play some nights, and if I went to a show expecting to see a CVH offering, and I got an incoherent Eddie, and a lousy show, that's not what I'd want. If it was truly great, then I'd go, but to go out and see VH with DLR just because it's VH with DLR, and you get a poor show to boot, I don't think that 's what anyone wants. DLR is the greatest frontman ever in rock, a master showman, and in the Roth era, no one could touch this band. Don't get me wrong, I'm no huge Hagar fan, that band was ruined when he joined, and no one should have been there other than DLR, but I read a lot of posts from people who just seem to assume that this is going to be good coz DLR is involved, and the odds are far better that these shows won't be good, based on what I heard about the last tour. So tell me, did anyone see those shows? Was Eddie incoherent? Can he still play? It will be sad if it's a train wreck.

mickeba

franksters
02-17-2007, 02:02 AM
oh shut the fuck up mikeba!

who gives a shit of what you think , the only think that matters is that Dave and Ed are on the same stage, imo anybody could be on the druns I coudn't care less, as for the bass player; same thing...

WHO CARES about them?