PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we happy????

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2007, 12:59 AM
For years I've been here and thought that a VH reunion would bring joy. We get one, and all I can see is apathy.

Is it because there's no Mike? Too long? Ed pissed people off too much? I understand we want M.A., but isn't this about as close as we're going to get????

Why isn't anyone happy?

PlexiBrown
02-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Why isn't anyone happy?

There seem to be plenty of people happy about it judging by what is going on in the "New VH Pic" thread.

Brett
02-17-2007, 01:05 AM
People seem plenty happy to me.

Little Texan
02-17-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm happy, and I could give a shit less about whether Mr. Tabasco is involved or not since he's the most expendable member of the classic lineup, but yes, I do think they waited too long to do this, and it would've been alot better back in 96-97. Better late than never, though, I guess.

Dan
02-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm not Happy cos there might not be a World Tour.:)

I'm Happy that 75% of Van Halen is going on Tour.

I'm not Happy that Mikey is not with them,But hey 3 out of 4 is not bad.

I'm Happy that The US and Canadian Roth Army Fans get to see them.

I'm not Happy That The US won't give me a Visa.

But about from that I'm Happy.

bantonelli
02-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
There seem to be plenty of people happy about it judging by what is going on in the "New VH Pic" thread.

True. I think some of us (not all, and I respect those who feel differently), have come to the conclusion that the "New" VH is what it is. So, we have accepted it and after looking at the new VH pic, it shows us that it's not just a rumor anymore and Wolfie doesn't look like a chunky little kid anymore...he looks like he might have his act together for a 15 yr. old and all parties look happy, hungry and motivated to kiss some serious ass.

More importantly, it was Wolfie who really dug on Dave's vibe and the CVH music catalog and he got his DAD to have interest in it again.

This is all good, but I think many of us remain optimistically cautious as to the longevity of this historical moment in ROCK history.:cool: :D

DLRdelight!
02-17-2007, 01:27 AM
im pretty much happy. i have never had the chance to see dave!!!

bantonelli
02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
to kiss some serious ass.

:cool: :D

WOAH....big slip here....should be: KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS.

:D

franksters
02-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I never been Happier in a while about music or a band in general...

That's the magik of Vh is that it makes you happy! thank to Dave, I mean we saw and heard what they've done without him...

franksters
02-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
im pretty much happy. i have never had the chance to see dave!!!

Well you're in for a shock man, cause all these new bands who think they got it, they really don't.

Once you will see Dave with Ed you will understand and realise why there are sites like this one after 23 years!

Nitro Express
02-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by franksters
I never been Happier in a while about music or a band in general...

That's the magik of Vh is that it makes you happy! thank to Dave, I mean we saw and heard what they've done without him...

That nice piece of latex covered ass bent over a Shelby Cobra makes me happy. Who is she and where can I find her?

T4GUITAR
02-17-2007, 08:11 AM
There are two reasons I listen to Van Halen;

David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen

So I am STOKED!

Tom

jero
02-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah man, I'm happy...

generalroth
02-17-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm Happy! overjoyed! elated!

TheArchitect
02-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
For years I've been here and thought that a VH reunion would bring joy. We get one, and all I can see is apathy.

Is it because there's no Mike? Too long? Ed pissed people off too much? I understand we want M.A., but isn't this about as close as we're going to get????

Why isn't anyone happy?

All of the above. Mostly its because Eddie has shown his true colors as a complete asshole. For someone with all the music he claims to have, he sure finds ways to set it aside for every possible opportunity to cash in

bluemustard
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm happy..but i hope they don't do one year and break up again.
Like it was just a little bussiness to rack up some cash.
I hope they really kick ass!!
I hope they're happy.
I dunno...
:gulp:
One things for sure..Wolfie's dad and Dave kicks ass to put him on base.
What a lovely family.
:)

nightlife
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm happy about Dave and Ed getting back together for a tour, but I would be alot happier if they would have written and recorded an album of brand new music to go along with it. That's really what I've been waiting for all these years. But I saw Dave on the Skyscraper tour which was great!!! and Ed on the Van Cherone tour which SUCKED!!!! so I'm thrilled at the opportunity to finally see Dave and Ed together performing some of those great classic songs they wrote. I can't wait!!!

Knuclebones03
02-17-2007, 05:18 PM
IM REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THIS MYSELF. Cant speak for some other so call CVH fans . We got DLR and EVH playing together again for at least 40 shows. Cant ask for much more. MA was good but hes not going to be there . It will be cool to see Wolfie thats for sure.
One more thought , if DLR didnt think Wolfie could handle the Bass playing because we do know that they have rehearsed together at least once , he wouldve said something about it. Dont miss your chance to see this tour . It might just be the last one . Lates

Carlosyella
02-17-2007, 05:47 PM
1. Well, I am not so happy because The Police took the First Step!

2. They made a live performance on the Grammys, and everybody is exiting with that.

3. When the hell is going to take place the VH first live appearance? Who the hell knows?!!

4. The whole world saw the Grammys!

5. Who is going to see the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame show on march? ("I think there ain't Nobody!")

6. EVH and Dave MUST rock tha house on a live performance VERY SOON in order to get and keep the people exited with the reunion!

DUNN28
02-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Carlosyella
1. Well, I am not so happy because The Police took the First Step!

2. They made a live performance on the Grammys, and everybody is exiting with that.

3. When the hell is going to take place the VH first live appearance? Who the hell knows?!!

4. The whole world saw the Grammys!

5. Who is going to see the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame show on march? ("I think there ain't Nobody!")

6. EVH and Dave MUST rock tha house on a live performance VERY SOON in order to get and keep the people exited with the reunion!

When Van Halen hits the stage playing eruption and going into you really got me live in front of your steaming eyes the Police will be a distant memory

Terry
02-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Suppose some aren't happy because:

1. the full CVH lineup isn't there
2. apparently no new music will be made

At least those were my two main gripes with it, but bantonelli has got it right: it is what it is. It's not the perfect reunion scenario I had envisioned, but fuck it. I'm still gonna get tix and have a good time seeing them.

Fat Wolfie
02-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

Why isn't anyone happy?

Afreaka hasn't been nuked off yet.

fullbug5150
02-17-2007, 08:08 PM
What is up with all this Mikey shit? the man is over 50! not a cereal pitchmen, his name is mike. never once have i heard him referrd to as mikey cept at the links and now here , stop the cancer now! Mrs H calls him Mikey.

Fat Wolfie
02-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by fullbug5150
What is up with all this Mikey shit? the man is over 50! not a cereal pitchmen, his name is mike. never once have i heard him referrd to as mikey cept at the links and now here , stop the cancer now! Mrs H calls him Mikey.

He still is Mikey; it has nothing to do with age, but with his relevance in the band - and that is tiny, if none at all.

danzig
02-17-2007, 08:30 PM
The background vocals were similar on some of Dave's solo work even without Michael. Because of Wolfie's age he may have a similar vocal range to Mikey. I hope they pull it off!!:eek: