X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mott98
    Groupie
    • Jan 2005

The VH PR Machine Continues to Be a Joke

So, for the first time (other than the 1996 Vid Music Awards), Eddie & Dave are photographed together. First photo of the new lineup with Wolfie ---

NO mention of it on van-halen.com, the Newsdesk, any of those sites.

I mean, I would think you would want to direct traffic to your website! So fine, let Rolling Stone have the exclusive EXCEPT for band purposes -- after all, it is their image.

They do not need to do a media blitz to sell tickets. They will sell tickets. Even if they do not sell out every venue, they will make a fortune.

But I thought they were trying to sell new CDs, generate interest in the band, etc. And you have to know to go to Rolling Stone.com to even see a picture. If I had not seen the thread on here y'day, I would not even know the pic existed.

I am never going to get it with the sisters.
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Dave needs to be in charge of PR again.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
      Dave needs to be in charge of PR again.
      Amen,
      Dave was able to keep his name in the news quite often with the radio gig and such. Dave is a professional when it comes to promotion of VH and His solo stuff.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• jero
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Dave is in charge. In a matter of moments it will turn 1984 again.

Comment

• franksters
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Dave sets the trend, the sisters should just follow, like he knows what's in, they don't they never did and never will. If it wasn't for Dave they would be a progressive band...
          SUMMER'S JUST
          AROUND
          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

They need record company interest to get the media machine behind them.....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This isn't the 70's or 80's anymore people. Dave ain't going to be calling any shots. He's probably fortunate to be back in the band.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

They don't need WB or a record company to hype up the media machine.

Personally, I prefer the way it's starting out.

Once things get rolling, Dave'll start giving interviews, but just the fact that Roth is back in the band (such as it is) and they're taking it to the stage is all one really needs to know anyway.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...