• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bonzo1026
    Roadie
    • Feb 2007

Hello. New member; 1st post.

Hey gang,

Just joined and this is my first post so ease up if there's already a post/question about this..............

Any word on actual tour dates/cities yet? And am I the only one scratching my head as to why they plan to do ampitheaters as opposed to arenas? I should imagine they would be able to pack arenas as they did back in the day especially since this has been such a long awaited reunion. It's not like people our age are pouring loads of cash out and going to alot of concerts these days with the horsesh*t that's out there today so we're about due for an outing to show these youngins what a parking lot tailgate is all about!!!!!

I plan to be there regardless. I never missed a CVH show in Philly and I even fell for the Van Hagar shows a couple times. Having seen both lineups, it's incredible how many homos ended up being fans when Hagar the Horrible joined. Couldn't even "light up" without getting frowned upon. How the hell else was I going to get through "I Can't Drive 55?" LOL

Frank
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not a word yet on the Ticketbastard or Pollstar sites. The choice of ampitheaters over arenas, I'm guessing is that it's a summer tour and they would rather play outdoor venues than under a concrete & steel roof. I know I've seen Dave's band in both indoor and outdoor venues in recent years and definitely preferred the outdoor shows.

Part of that was the venue itself though. Just can't beat The Gorge for a concert setting.

If I had to guess, I would expect tickets to go on sale right around the time of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, so they can take advantage of the publicity.

This would be similar to what the Police just did, announcing their tour right after the Grammy appearance.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bantonelli
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Welcome to the ARMY.

You will get several opinions on your question, but as I read one post, most Classic VH fans are now in their late 30's/40's, have mortgages, kids, and may or may not attend, as opposed to when they were younger (less responsibilities).

You also have something called the "Great Divide", meaning Classic VH fans are not Van Hagar fans and visa versa. With that factor, I don't think VH can truly expect the fan base to be what it was 23 years ago. So, I think they are playing it safe with starting out at smaller venues as opposed to arenas.

I do think they will play Staples Ctr. (Arena) once they return "home" to Los Angeles for the last of their 40 gigs.
      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Welcome, and no, you don't have to guess...

Carry on...

Oh BTW, we do have more than one forum...

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

Welcome Bonzo, the VH Philly show should be awesome. I'm going to try and make it. Depends on the date. I'm 600 miles away.

Comment

• The_KiD
            Commando
            • Jun 2005

Welcome to the Roth Army...

Cheers,

KiD

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

The have these things called Airplanes that can get you there in no time...

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

Funny Elvis. If I return to the Philly area I will want to see some friends and spend a couple days. For me, I work quite a bit, so It depends on the dates, vacation time etc.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Hey Now, Frank.

If I had to guess(and that's what I gotta do)I'd say the long-time VH fans will show up with or without Spammy Pajammy,and the Roth fans will FINALLY show up. Gonna be interesting to see if they add dates(crossed fingers) or implode.

I don't trust VH just yet,but I hope it goes well...

Not performing @ the RRHoF kinda makes me wonder if this is not more about Prodigy not ready than playing with Mike.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                    Hey Now, Frank.

If I had to guess(and that's what I gotta do)I'd say the long-time VH fans will show up with or without Spammy Pajammy,and the Roth fans will FINALLY show up. Gonna be interesting to see if they add dates(crossed fingers) or implode.

I don't trust VH just yet,but I hope it goes well...

Not performing @ the RRHoF kinda makes me wonder if this is not more about Prodigy not ready than playing with Mike.

Surely he could be ready to do a couple of songs.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Welcome to the Army, sit back enjoy and don't take all of what you read to seriously....
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Welcome to the army

Katie
                        x

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                          Welcome to the army

Katie
                          x
                          Don't bother with this one, Frank...she's out of her gourd and probably won't be here much longer.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• katie
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            Don't bother with this one, Frank...she's out of her gourd and probably won't be here much longer.
                            Any chance of you actually saying hello to Frank then?

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by katie
                              Any chance of you actually saying hello to Frank then?
                              First things first...he has to be warned about trolls like you.

Welcome to the Army!
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...