X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Ashcroft
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Leftists Revile Tillman, 'Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan'

If anyone still doubts the America-hating bent of the far left, this item is for you.

Something that calls itself Independent Media Center, which OpinionJournal.com's James Taranto calls "one of the most virulent Angry Left Web sites around," has hit rock bottom. Its branch in P.C.-crazed Portland, Ore., has a page devoted to the death in combat of Pat Tillman, which it summarizes as "Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan."

Among the comments posted by those "tolerant liberals":

"Tillman chose to go to Afghanistan. He's partially reponsible for the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands of Afghan civilians. No need to feel sorry for him, other than feeling bad that he was brainwashed into serving as a grunt."

"it's amazing the kind of attention this insignificant incident is going to cause. well, he was rich, white, and an american. 10,000 (brown) iraqis get killed, and it barely merits a mention in the american news. how utterly f---ing sad."

"if he 'sacrificed' anything it was his common sense. He had a good American thing going and blew it."
    Are these the same leftists who ridiculed war hero Bob Dole in favor of draft dodger Bill Clinton but say John Kerry's four-month stint in Vietnam was so great?

Taranto noted that a few posters dared to disagree with the party line. One wrote: "Brave American sacrifices friends, family and fortune in defense of his country. Pigs on IndyMedia can now continue to exercise free speech, sacrifice nothing and spew hate."

Link: here
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Ultra-left whacko's are the scourge of America. Let's stomp them out like cockroaches at the ballot box.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

That, then send them to North Korea or Cuba so they can feel at home.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by John Ashcroft

"Tillman chose to go to Afghanistan. He's partially reponsible for the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands of Afghan civilians. No need to feel sorry for him, other than feeling bad that he was brainwashed into serving as a grunt."

[/URL]
        Did FORD write that ???

Comment

• Wayne L.

The radical fringe far left are going to be the death nail of the Democratic Party unless this once great political party disregards worthless piece of crap from their hardcore activists against the war on terrorism, the war in Iraq, against President Bush personally instead of politically & against football/war hero Pat Tillman, which is insane!!!

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

you can find idiot fringe people on either side. it doesn't mean they speak for more than themselves.

i guarantee you won't find anything even close to this being discussed by 99.9% of all democrats.

i mean, the most disturbing trend in journalism that i've seen is the use of messages posted on websites in articles, especially when they attribute them to the poster's online handle. ridiculous. and lazy journalism to boot.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Did FORD write that ???
              No, FORD didn't write that, nor did he agree with it.

I don't think Pat Tillman should be elevated above anyone else killed in Afghanistan or Iraq just because he was somewhat rich and famous. But I'll give the guy credit for walking his talk, and giving up a lot of money to fight for what he believed in, rather than blabbing about it while playing football, or making a mindless country music song about it like Toby Keith or those other talentless shitheads.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Yes, these commets are in bad taste...but they are no different then the assinine commets that come from the far right........

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Such as ???

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Such as ???
                    Such as the ridiculous idea that Kerry deliberately got himself shot three times, so he could win three purple hearts and go home. I'm not Judas' biggest fan by a long shot, but that story is beyond ridiculous. Especially coming from an administration predominately comprised of chickenhawks and alledgedly led by a deserter .
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                      Such as the ridiculous idea that Kerry deliberately got himself shot three times, so he could win three purple hearts and go home.
                      I never heard that idea...

The bush administration never saids such a thing...

Comment

• Pink Spider
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                        the war in Iraq, against President Bush personally instead of politically & against football/war hero Pat Tillman, which is insane!!!
                        You would think that being a "war hero" would mean that you would have to be fast enough not to be killed. Oh, well I suppose group-think doesn't have to make sense.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

You would think if you had a brain...

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                            you can find idiot fringe people on either side. it doesn't mean they speak for more than themselves.

i guarantee you won't find anything even close to this being discussed by 99.9% of all democrats.

i mean, the most disturbing trend in journalism that i've seen is the use of messages posted on websites in articles, especially when they attribute them to the poster's online handle. ridiculous. and lazy journalism to boot.
                            I agree with ya KB, but it does seem that the fringe is driving the mainstream Democratic party agenda more and more lately. I mean, Allbright floated a kook theory about Bin Laden, Uncle Teddy floated a theory that Bush "dreampt up a war plan in Texas before 9/11", and Howard "Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!" Dean even floated the absurd notion that Bush was knew in advance of the plot to take down the trade towers. So, 99.9% seems to be a bit of a stretch anymore (at least when the "leaders" of your party are desperately trying to give credence to these fucked up conspiracy theories to damage Bush).

Now, I will certainly make the distinction between the leaders of your party and the voters. It's quite clear that this bullshit is turning off alot of Democratic voters, so it's also quite clear that they don't share these wacky opinions being peddled by people like Dean. But still, there's a whole bunch of screwy people who label themselves liberal.

Now, about the newsworthy-ness of this item (and the media using blogs and such for newstories)... This actually originated from Opinionjournal.com under a "best of the web" column. Obviously this is an op-ed style column focused on what's being said on the web. I posted the Newsmax version of the story because it's short. But it's also certainly not intended to be anything other than an op-ed (as is most of Newsmax material, and I don't pretend to present it in any other light). Now, being an op-ed doesn't discredit the supporting material mind you. These hard-left people are saying this stuff, and that by itself is news. It also helps to explain some of the more bizarre behavior eminating from guys like Kerry. I mean, the dude can't even fess up to owning an SUV. Most people that don't live in the political world look at him like "what the fuck???". But it's the extremist elements of the Democratic base that won't allow Kerry to fess up to a simple thing like owning an SUV.

So, I think this type of extremism is more prevalent in your base than you'll admit. It's driving your politicians to say outrageous things that they may not give the time of day to otherwise. KB, you're a Democrat (although no liberal...). Aren't you concerned by the current direction (or lackthereof) of your party?

Comment

• Pink Spider
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

You would think if you had a brain...
                              For someone that never has an argument, you're a pathetic hypocrite.

Comment

Working...