PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider

Vinnie Velvet
02-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Saw it over the weekend.

Despite its not so great reviews (mostly from the comic book-fanboy community), I thought it was a fun movie.

Sure, the villains could've been better but it was hella cool to see the Ghost Rider, flaming skull and all, in action!

Oh and always nice to have Eva Mendes looking hot, even though her character didn't add nothing to the movie, IMO.

It wasn't Batman or even Spider-Man, but hey, it was cool. I liked it.

The special effects were awesome.

WARF
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I saw it at the PREMIERE at MUVICO... which is an upscale movie theater that has a BAR... I ordered like 5 Grey Goose and cranberries with my girlfriend.... I don't even remember if I liked it... I just remember laughig my ass of at the flaming skull... and tryin' to convince my girl to give me head lol....

Douglas T.
02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I saw the sneak preview on Thursday too! They must have givin' tickets away to every biker in town 'cuz it was bike week all over again. Motorcycles all over the sidewalks. They had to open another theater to fit the crowd. The promotors always give out way to many tickets to these shows. We had Chainsaw Massacre tickets and didn't get there soon enough and didn't get in! A great time outside. Inside the movie seemed to be a little blurred. I guess watching my new BlueRayHighDef TV has ruined me for theaters! The fight scenes are what dragged this movie down. They where to short! Part two will be better!

Douglas T.
02-19-2007, 06:17 PM
... and how come when the kid stabbed him with the knife he had to get stitches but it didn't phase him to get squashed by a semi!?

jhale667
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I saw it Saturday night. Very cheesy. I thought it was fun, though.

And DAAAAAAAAAAMN, Eva Mendes is hot.

Vinnie Velvet
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
I saw it Saturday night. Very cheesy. I thought it was fun, though.

And DAAAAAAAAAAMN, Eva Mendes is hot.

Yes, yes, she sure is.

And I agree -- some of the lines were cheesy, but I still enjoyed the movie.

Golden AWe
02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Eva Mendes...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14071&perpage=30&pagenumber=21

Bill Lumbergh
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I dug it. Went in with VERY low expectations and walked out surprised at how much I liked it........nothing groundbreaking, but a lot of fun.......

bueno bob
02-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Looks like a good popcorn flick. Reviews here seem pretty much the same...

Guess I'm going!

ULTRAMAN VH
02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Well I never thought in a million years I would see Ghost Rider come to life on the big screen. I was an avid reader of the comic when I was a kid. Bob stated it perfectly, it is a great popcorn movie. Don't take it seriously, like the majority of the asshole critics who tore it apart. If I wanted reality I could turn on the 24 hour media whore news channels or pop in a George Looney movie. Of course his movies are dealing with his own little world. Anyway, Eva Mendes can't act for shit but she was very pleasant to look at. Nick Cage was in full on Elvis mode but it worked and the CGI was top notch. Sam Elliott and Peter Fonda were great additions to the cast also. Overall it is worth a look. Can't wait for the dvd.

jhale667
02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
:D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0yRDoNZMv_Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0yRDoNZMv_Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jhale667
02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4BpPfaBecRI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4BpPfaBecRI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Vinnie Velvet
02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Still came out on top this weekend with a respectful 20 million.

Eyes of the Night
02-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I ordered like 5 Grey Goose and cranberries with my girlfriend.... I don't even remember if I liked it... I just remember laughing my ass of at the flaming skull... and tryin' to convince my girl to give me head lol....

A bar in a theater!? Niiice ... fookin' hellarious ...

Yeah, saw GR yessterday baked off my ass sitting in the 3rd row ... Man, those mortorcycle scenes were badass ... best scene was when he stopped her on the freeeway and all those fans came running up for autographs he was like "yeah what about 300 ft, thanks ..."

ALMOSTsaved
02-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Nick Cage was in full on Elvis mode

True. From the previews I've seen of "Ghost Rider", it appears Cage is rehashing his Sailer Ripley character from "Wild At Heart." Who, incidentally was an Elvis fanatic in the movie.

Vinnie Velvet
02-28-2007, 11:11 AM
The Elvis-mode from Cage just made sense with the character of Ghost Rider.

One thing being is that when the character was created in the early 70s for Marvel, they wanted GR's costume to look like the Elvis '69 Comeback Special black leather suit.

ALMOSTsaved
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

One thing being is that when the character was created in the early 70s for Marvel, they wanted GR's costume to look like the Elvis '69 Comeback Special black leather suit.

Really? That's cool. I was unaware. :cool:

ULTRAMAN VH
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

That is pretty cool, I never heard that one before, and I am a pretty big comic fan.

AJW
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I saw it with the wife last weekend and thought it was pretty good. I never followed the comics of this Marvel character so I can't really give an honest review on how accurate it was to the comic.