Will "New" Best Of CD Sell More than BOBW or VH111??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrm
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2005

Will "New" Best Of CD Sell More than BOBW or VH111??

With no new tunes, what's the incentive to buy it?
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

well some people do like to have every album

Comment

• wrm
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2005

ok. so they have 10 sales under the belt.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Cheddymon, is that you?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
          Veteran
          • Apr 2004

Maybe we will get a "bonus" Un-released track?
          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• katie
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

The campaign will be very different this time around with Dave upfront.
            it will be interesting to see the promotion budget the marketing deptment will be working with.

More than last time i bet.

Katie

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Hard to say MORE, but probably on-par... unless they add something substantial. Like a DVD of Oakland, or remastered unreleased tunes.
              Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

If it's just a strict repackaging of previously released material, maybe 500k...

Without anything new or previously unreleased, there IS no incentive to buy it, agreed.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                  The campaign will be very different this time around with Dave upfront.
                  it will be interesting to see the promotion budget the marketing deptment will be working with.

More than last time i bet.

Katie
                  Yeah, it'll be just fascinating.

Don't you have a forum to spam?
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

They won't add anything. Greatest Hits sets are considered easy sellers. No expensive archiving or remixing required for archive releases. Just putting the same old stuff out on CD...again.

Why bother giving the fans something special? They'll still probably see the tour and the Greatest Hits set will sell to people who don't have all the albums.

Thanks for nothing once again.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
                      Hard to say MORE, but probably on-par... unless they add something substantial. Like a DVD of Oakland, or remastered unreleased tunes.
                      I reckon a dvd will be put out for the xmas market this year.
                      I would of thought they would go for mixing up footage from 07 tour and the CVH tour footage as well.

If Wolfie wants to be on a dvd then dad will arrange it...........

Katie

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                        I reckon a dvd will be put out for the xmas market this year.
                        I would of thought they would go for mixing up footage from 07 tour and the CVH tour footage as well.

If Wolfie wants to be on a dvd then dad will arrange it...........

Katie
                        I'd shell out a few bucks for a 2007 Tour / CVH live dvd mix.

Would make more sense to just come out with a CVH dvd while the tour is in progress, though.

Fuck, maybe even make it themselves and sell it along with the t-shirts...
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cMb
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2007

Wouldn't releasing a CVH DVD put some coin in Sobelewski's pocket though?
                          It seems Ed is dead-set against him ever seeing another dime off the VH name.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I doubt it, unless the RRHOF gives them a major surge of interest.

I suppose it all depends on the marketting.

Motley Crue had already had two greatest hits when they relesed "Red, white and Crue", and that did great business...
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• katie
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              I'd shell out a few bucks for a 2007 Tour / CVH live dvd mix.

Would make more sense to just come out with a CVH dvd while the tour is in progress, though.

Fuck, maybe even make it themselves and sell it along with the t-shirts...
                              Ah T Shirts!

I bet they have a ton of really cool designs on sale this time round.
                              It will be great to be able to wear a new VH shirt with pride this year.

Katie

Comment

Working...