X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

20th Anniversary Apple Macintosh and Super Bowl Thread

The 20th Anniversary Apple Macintosh thread.... I remember upgrading... I had a TI-99/4a, Apple IIe, IBM PC XT, and when the Mac came out, my parents paid an exhorbitant amount of money so that I could learn how to use a 'mouse'... lol The good ol' days of computing... I still prefer command lines to GUIs, but what the hell... lol

Can I get a 'Hell Yeah!' from all the old-timers in da' house who actually owned TI's, Commodore 64's (or Vic 20's), Timex Sinclair's, Tandy Color Computers, Coleco Adam, or other similar old-school home systems? Rock on!!!

Rumor has it that not only will the original Apple Macintosh '1984' commercial air again - it aired only once during the Super Bowl, but that a newer commercial will go along with it and a 20th Anniversary Old-School edition Mac will be released. Of course, I made all this shit up, but nothing like 25 year old games in the arcade to get one thinking of WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD TIMES GONE?!!??!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004
  • Laceration

HELL YEAH!!!

Didn't have a TI, C-64 or any of the "name brand" models, but I did start out with an old Xerox 820-II. Z80, blocky graphics, and not much else, but that's where my brother and I learned the ins and outs of a PC. CP/M anyone? Got an 8088 later on after that, and so on and so forth, but yes, those were the good times...

The Mac Super Bowl ad is still one of the best commericals in modern history. I think I have that somewhere at home, or at least a link to it. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Had a Vic 20 , a Timex/Sinclair which never even got used, and a Commodore 64 which I used right up until I bought my 386 in 1993. And I used Apple II's in high school.

Anybody else remember when Atari claimed they were going to expand the 2600 game system into a computer? If they ever followed through with those plans, I never saw it.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Any other Commodore 64 users remember the online service "Quantum Link"?? Guess what that turned into?

AOL. Seriously.... and it sucked then too! I think I managed to actually get online with the damn thing 3 times with my 1200 baud modem :eek:
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• flappo
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

..i had an intellivision

..pc engine , megadrive , saturn , snes etc

..does that cunt ?

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

I still got most of this shit...

TRS-80
            Timex Sinclair
            TI 99/4
            Commodore 64

386/16sx-33sx-33dx-33slc-dx40
            486/dx33/66/80/100/120/133
            Pentium 60/75/100/133/166/200/450/1300

Lisa
            LCIII
            Powermac 6100/66
            Powermac 7300/80AV
            Powermac 8300
            Powermac 9200 w/G3 333 upgrade

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Heck yeah, I also had an Atari 800XL-- and one of the first non-Apple systems with a GUI (later beat out by Amiga) called GEM, for the Atari 500ST. It was ahead of its time, but by the time the Ataris with the GUIs came out, Apple and PC had already cornered the market for high performance personal computers....

The Apple Lisa was bad-ass... but with a pricetag of $10,000 brand fookin' new.. I never did own one until years later as a collector's item.

My latest system is an IBM ThinkPad T40p, 1.6GHz Pentium-M, 1GB DDR226 SDRAM, 64MB ATI FireGL video, 60GB 7200RPM hard drive, DVD/CDRW, 14" SXGA+ 1400x1050 LCD, Docking Station, etc.... a long ways away from the TI, Timex, Commodore, Atari days..... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Folks... we need to hear about your old-school computer systems... if all you got is a 486 to wax nostalgic about, this thread isn't for you... lmao..

Icon.

Comment

• diamond den™

Originally posted by conmee
                  Folks... we need to hear about your old-school computer systems... if all you got is a 486 to wax nostalgic about, this thread isn't for you... lmao..

Icon.
                  I have an AMSTRAD PC1640(IBM Clone) over in England from like 1986. It is fucking garbage

Comment

• diamond den™

Here is a GRATE Link for oldie Computers....

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My family's first computer was an Atari 800. It had a cartridge you plugged in (kind of like the old atari games) called "Basic". HA!

This was pre-operating systems. I never really learned Basic, I just noodled on the thing and wrote things like:

10 goto line 20
                      20 add 4+3
                      30 goto line 10

Last edited by Dave's PA Rental; 01-10-2004, 07:11 PM.
                      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• thebuldawg
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2004

Ah, the good old days. I remeber using those old Macintosh's in school. Later we had some sort of DOS computer at home, but I wasn't really all that impressed since my NES was far more interesting to me at the time. However the comptuer I have now is 5 years old, which anymore is considered ancient.

Oh, by the way I do have a TI-83, but I suppose that you guys are talking about Stone Aged computers rather than modern day calculators.
                        "Whatever happens... happens."
                        -Spike Spiegel-

Comment

• wizzkidder
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Nov 2006

We had a Commodore 64 to try and run a payroll system at the place I worked for way back when. I remember the prez saying "we're going to get a couple more of these and then we won't have to hire as many people".

Was he ever fuckin' wrong!

That's like saying if you own a computer, you won't need paper anymore!
                          http://www.wizzkidd.com/dlr-army/backstagepass.jpg
                          <font face="arial; verdana" size="2" color="000000"><b><i>The good ol' daze!</i></b></font>

Comment

• TVGUY
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2007

My brother and I were rocking the TI 99 4A. (texas instruments) Those were the days.
                            Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by wizzkidder

That's like saying if you own a computer, you won't need paper anymore!
                              Technically you don't. You could do pretty much any form of written communication via direct e mail or attached documents now. If you don't want a document altered, send it as a PDF. Use imaging systems for permanent archives.

The biggest obstacle is digital signatures, and beyond that, network security itself. It's probably going to be a while before at least the final copy of any sort of "official" document isn't printed on paper.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...