X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Me Sell Guitar, How Much Get Ebay?

".. which cost me $700 in parts to build all custom, so i don't think Im asking too much"

Well folks, what is this thing REALLY worth on the open market?

Lets figure it out - for starters, a bolt-on neck will cost about $40 and a body-blank about the same..
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Well, to me i would start by asking myself what is the least I am willing to sell it for...Then I make that my starting bid.

Everything I ever buy is an investment to me, (i save all reciepts) and I am not in the market of selling things for less than my initial investment.
    If I cannot get my initial investment out of something it will sit in my possession and rot away to nothing before i place it in the garbage.

If you have $700.00 in it, and it is a unique piece, then there is your starting bid. If it doesn't sell (only saying this because it is Hagar themed, lol) Keep it and mount it on a wall if you don't wish to play it anymore.

(The only exception to my rule was a $25.00 ZOOM 505 that I "gave" to Eyes of the Night for the cost of shipping, which he never sent back to me.) he even pawned it and turned it into cash and I still never got my shipping costs.....pretty much ended my generosity factor for helping anyone else out that sounded like shit and needed some improvement to their sound.
    But as it turned out, it wasn't lack of effects that makes him sound so bad...It's his lack of ability that did that.

Good Luck!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by GAR

Not much.. $350 maybe...

Hey Senior.. Is that you in the pic ???

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Maybe a bit more.. but that headstock sure is ugly...

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

No offense, but that guitar would never sit alongside my
          others. I fucking hate Spammy, and that thing is screaming
          Spammy..

Maybe paint Jack Daniels on it.. Might sell for more without
          the Spammy conotations..
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

I feel so sad for these two Hagar fans.

All they wanted to do was build a small ornament to show Sammy what they think of him: that he's a small, fattened and frightened drunk like themselves.

.. and that they accept him despite all that.

Hopefully, Sam accepted them as fans for going to Cabo despite waving this fucking piece of worthless shit in his face during the evening.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

If you hold a piece of paper against the edge of that stupid neck with that ghey headstock, you'll see the neck didn't line up properly.

It is unplayable.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I'm confused...

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

ELVIS, its not actually GAR
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Oh, it's not your guitar, GAR?

I was unclear on that so I can go ahead and say what i wanted to say...

Get an axe (one for cutting wood) chop that fucker up and throw it in the fireplace....

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Are these your typical Hagar fans ?
                      (We dont have Hagar fans in Oz)

They kinda look a lot like him. Especialy the woman with the perm and the red top, and the boobs.. All very Spammy-esque.....
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I'd rent her for about 15 minutes and then kick her out.

If she brings that guitar she'll have to pay me instead and then i'd beat the shit out of her with it.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          ".. which cost me $700 in parts to build all custom, so i don't think Im asking too much"

Lets figure it out - for starters, a bolt-on neck will cost about $40 and a body-blank about the same..
                          That is one fucking ugly guitar. LOL sorry. I just screams Sammy and well, this isn't the place for screaming that guy.
                          Put your reserve set to $800, starting bid $100, and let it fly from there. You'll find out quickly enough how much its worth to people by the amount of bids and by your counter.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

I think she's hot!
                            but getting back to the guitar;
                            I have an imitation strat, that I paid less than $200 for, and I would gladly keep it, over that Cabo Wabo special you got going on there.
                            Im sure it plays nice, though. But then again, so do bag pipes.
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Comment

Working...