X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Breaking Chinese Democracy News!!!

GUNS N' ROSES: There Is 'No Official Release Date' For 'Chinese Democracy' - Feb. 22, 2007

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James has released the following update on the status of the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy":

"The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

"There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along."

Rose announced in December on GUNS N' ROSES' official web site a "tentative" March 6 release date for "Chinese Democracy". In the posting, Rose also revealed he had split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release.

"Chinese Democracy" is the first GUNS N' ROSES album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident". In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

$50.00 right here and now says Axl fires everybody in the band prior to the album going to press and starts over from jump street...

Hahahahaha...

We'll see a new Guns 'n' Roses album as soon as we see a new classic Van Halen album and world tour succesfully completed...

Don't hold your breath yet, kids...
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I'm boggled every time I think about it...thirteen million dollars (that's $13,000,000.00 kids!) to record an album over the span of 11 odd years and it's NOWHERE in sight? How in the fuck can you pull that off?

Man, I'd love to know where that money went. If the hired me as Axl's boss, I could go in and WRITE HIM a pretty decent Guns 'n' Roses sounding album, find a cheap studio, give the sound a live/raw feel that reminded the fanbase of the old days, put the guys in to record it and come out in TWO FUCKING WEEKS with a decent album.

Total cost? MAYBE $3-5,000.00. Guaranteed.

$13,000,000.00!

:confused:
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Well, Axl used to pull stunts like hiring all the studio rooms in the building so no-one would here stuff from the record, so that would be expensive.

Personally, I reckon the figure of $13 million is utter bollocks - just PR and headline grabbing...
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Binky
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2007

I have the bootleg Chinese Democracy and it's not too bad, but nothing revolutionary. I bet £100 that Axl blows everything and ends up being a lonely crazy ginger cat man! *^_^* \m/

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

With all the hype behind Chinese Democracy...even when/if it does get released in some finalized form, it's destined for failure. The only way it could possibly be a success on the scale it's been built up to is if it makes Appetite for Destruction sound like OU812 by comparison.

In other words...not gonna happen. When it comes out, it'll go #1 for 6 weeks and fade REALLY FAST as people remember why they quit caring about Guns 'n' Roses in the first place...

You'll see it in cut out bins for $2.99 within six months, guaranteed.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
            • Jan 2004

About as surprising as Classic Van Halen.
            sigpic

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Yup.........
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Bob And Savicki agree on the same day news of Chinese Democracy is released, what rumours will this start?

I wonder what the local radio DJ has heard on the matter?

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'd love some more GNR...

In the mean time, I'll take

one Chinese Democracy platter

one order Crab Rangoon

one hot/sour soup

one eggdrop soup

one order shrimp fried rice

add 30% to the tab for yourself...

Thanks
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

"Bumblefoot" sucks BTW....

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      When it comes out, it'll go #1 for 6 weeks and fade REALLY FAST as people remember why they quit caring about Guns 'n' Roses in the first place...
                      SIX weeks??? You're FAR tgoo generous, sir.

That album ain't ever going to go ANYWHERE. It's music, Axl. There's only so many melodies and lyrics. You're not reinventing the wheel. You're just a confused, scared paranoid moron.
                      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        SIX weeks??? You're FAR too generous, sir.

That album ain't ever going to go ANYWHERE.
                        You're probably right; I assume there'll be SOME fairly large interest out of the gate...based solely on the fact that GnR fans are like battered wives just going back for more...God knows Van Halen fans are, so I can sort of identify with them...

We'll see; personally I think Axl's best bet at seeing it happen was with Merck, but...give Axl a gun with a bullet in it and the first thing he'll find is his own damn foot.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Last_Child
                          Commando
                          • Oct 2004

This is what I have to say about Chinese Democracy:

if this comes out, I'll refuse to buy it!
                          "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Fuck the disc let's see an Eddie and Axl reality show! 20 FUCKING YEARS AND NO MUSIC!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

They're both getting to the point where they make bands like Boston look like proficient studio musicians, honestly...
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...