PDA

View Full Version : More Bullshit? Tour officially called off!

lesfunk
02-22-2007, 02:47 PM
FMQB: "It's Official: Van Halen Tour Called Off"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=356008

February 22, 2007

Earlier this week, multiple sources were reporting that the Van Halen reunion tour with David Lee Roth had been "postponed indefinitely." Now Rolling Stone says that it's official: the tour will not be happening at all. The magazine cites a memo informing Live Nation employees simply that "the Van Halen tour has been shut down." Some other reports have said there may have been "contractual issues" surrounding the tour and a deal with Live Nation never fully materialized.

Also, a new Van Halen best-of disc highlighting the Roth years was set to be released by Rhino Records this fall, to capitalize on the tour and the band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Now Blabbermouth reports that the compilation has also been "indefinitely postponed."

The next issue of Rolling Stone is slated to have a feature on the band, and excerpts have already appeared on RollingStone.com from a new interview with Roth, along with the first group shot of the new lineup

ELVIS
02-22-2007, 02:53 PM
:tool:

lesfunk
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Don't fucking call me a tool elvis! I didn't write the fucking article!

Figs
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
well......

ELVIS
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lesfunk
Don't fucking call me a tool elvis! I didn't write the fucking article!

Dude, there are more than five threads that contain this article and about 15 threads that are specifically about this subject, right here on this forum front page...

But you feel the need to fill us in, yet again...

Golden AWe
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Fookin' 'ell...

lesfunk
02-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dude, there are more than five threads that contain this article and about 15 threads that are specifically about this subject, right here on this forum front page...

But you feel the need to fill us in, yet again...

Really? I didn't see that the tour was officially called off before this.

VHrocks
02-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the club Les. My posts on this topic with the same quotes got deleted last night. You just have to submit to the powers that be, even if you don't agree. What can you do? Their hammer is bigger than yours.

:D :D :D

Vinnie Velvet
02-22-2007, 03:10 PM

WTF??? You think that some shit-ass website says its "official" means that it is??

And its nothing different than what we already know.

Read what topics are on the main forums first!

Sheesh.

Vinnie Velvet
02-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by VHrocks
Welcome to the club Les. My posts on this topic with the same quotes got deleted last night. You just have to submit to the powers that be, even if you don't agree. What can you do? Their hammer is bigger than yours.

Oh come on dude.

Why create thread after thread on the same fucking subject??? :rolleyes:

VHrocks
02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Oh come on dude.

Why create thread after thread on the same fucking subject??? :rolleyes:
Did I say that I thought there should be multiple threads on the same subject? When I created my thread, there were no threads in this forum category that said anything about a tour being officially called off. There was only a thread titled "Unconfirmed Bullshit Rumors". So I didn't see why there shouldn't be a thread about the tour officially being postponed. However, the Mods thought differently - and that is their right. They call the shots around here, not me. I respect their decision, even though I may not agree.

:cool:

Rikk
02-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Some music news website saying the tour has been officially called off, using an anonymous memo and citing Rolling Stones is not official.

We've seen that story for more than a day.

Rikk
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM

You are a pathetic, whiny cunt.

Why have several threads (most of them started by you) posting information that we already know and had posted hours earlier?

You just want to be the big man with each scoop...but you get information slower than a snail.

You whiny little fuck.

I've had it with your whining. Now you have no peace around here. I'm going to throw shit at you everywhere you post and get others to do the same unless you write a personal apology to me and this entire website for being a fucking tool.

And fuck...you have the lamest username at the site. At least BLACKFAG is inventive.

Rikk
02-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Did I say that I thought there should be multiple threads on the same subject? When I created my thread, there were no threads in this forum category that said anything about a tour being officially called off. There was only a thread titled "Unconfirmed Bullshit Rumors". So I didn't see why there shouldn't be a thread about the tour officially being postponed. However, the Mods thought differently - and that is their right. They call the shots around here, not me. I respect their decision, even though I may not agree.

:cool:

1) We don't create new threads for every single website that posts the exact same story we keep re-reading.

2) Why don't you try actually reading through a thread to know if the information is unique?

Dumb cunt.

FORD
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Live Nation = Clear Channel.

STILL nobody else backing up this story.

So, I guess we don't need another thread on it.

lesfunk
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I found it. It was quoted in the "tours still a go" thread. Not exactly where I would expect find such a statement.
All I did was fuck up and miss something that had aleady been posted a couple hours earlier. You guys come down on me like I'm some kind of Pariah.
If it needs to be merged, have a mod merge it.
If it needs to be deleted, then delete it.
I don't give a shit.

FORD
02-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I found it. It was quoted in the "tours still a go" thread. Not exactly where I would expect find such a statement.
All I did was fuck up and miss something that had aleady been posted a couple hours earlier. You guys come down on me like I'm some kind of Pariah.
I don't give a shit.

I don't know who's calling you a pariah, Les.

I'm closing this because I consider it a dupe thread with the same old Clear Channel bullshit retreaded without any verification.

I've been telling you people this is what the corporate whore media does for the last 7 years. Maybe now y'all will get it?

Rikk
02-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't give a shit.

http://images.parenthood.com/baby-cry.jpg

ELVIS
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Look dude, let me show you the Roth Army Moderator hand book...

1. Delete threads as needed

2. Merge threads as needed

3. Piss off posters as needed

4. Kill posters as needed

5. Abuse power as much as possible

6. Delete anything you want at any time

7. Attack posters and fellow moderators

8. Send illegal files to posters of your choice

9. Send worms and Viruses to posters of your choice

10. Obtain sensitive information such as bank transactions and credit card info as needed

See, it's tough to moderate these forums...

Give us a break...

:elvis:

FORD
02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
God damn it Elvis!! :mad: You weren't supposed to mention 8, 9, or 10 outside the Mod room!!

Oh, BTW I guess I should thank BLACKFAG for the new 52" Plasma TV I just bought with his MasterCard.

Picture's great! :cool: