X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Firebrand
    Roadie
    • Jun 2004

Last Thoughts Before I Ride Off Into the Sunset

It was a fun ride while it lasted, gang...but I just don't have the energy or inclination to keep spinning in a vortex with the BS from this band. NO way would they make it through 4 cities, much less 40. It is, in a word, over.

I ain't a kid no mo', and real life beckons. But before I start singing happy trails, a few things I need to get off my rebel chest:

First, a big salute to Wolfgang for having the balls to step up to the plate to at least point his dad in the right direction. Kid, I don't know ya, but I like ya.

Dave, you've been a class act through all the crap. I had hoped to see you onstage with the band God put you here to front again, but alas, some things in this life just aren't meant to be.

Sammy, I can't believe I am going to say this, but keep your solo act going, bro. You are better off.

Mikey, who the hell can blame you for playing with Sammy? Crap, at least you're playing and not rotting away like roadkill! Get all you can, bro.

Alex, gracious goodness, get your family to circle the wagons around your brother and get him in whatever facility you have to to try and save his life. You very well might be the last strand of hope for him.

Eddie, I thank you for being an inspiration to me. Your God-given gift of music touched me like no one else on this planet, and it still amazes me. Please, please, for the fans out here who still give a crap, take a long look in the mirror and realize that you need professional help at several levels. YOU are the only person responsible for what you have become, and it breaks the collective heart of millions of us who have literally worshipped you to see this come to the point it has.

To all the other old-school Halenites out there...hey, we tried, we really tried, didn't we? It was fun while it lasted lo those many moons ago. We were a part of the best there has ever been, and probably ever will be. Nothing can take the magic that was Van Halen away from us, and I am thankful it was while it was.

memmmm yepppepppeppp memmmmmmmmm.....

BUMPADEEDAH BUMPADEEHAH BUMPADEEDAH BUMPADEEDAH....

:bottle:
    With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Don't call us...

We'll call you...

Comment

• frets5150
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

Good Post...Happy Trails

Comment

• light 'em up!
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

Re: Last Thoughts Before I Ride Off Into the Sunset

Originally posted by Firebrand
        before I start singing happy trails, a few things I need to get off my rebel chest: memmmm yepppepppeppp memmmmmmmmm.....

BUMPADEEDAH BUMPADEEHAH BUMPADEEDAH BUMPADEEDAH....

:bottle:
        A lot of us feel the wear and tear dude, it's sad, but what the fuck... even Elvis still manages to muster up 12.5 posts a day.
        Last edited by light 'em up!; 02-23-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Re: Last Thoughts Before I Ride Off Into the Sunset

Originally posted by Firebrand
          I ain't a kid no mo', and real life beckons. But before I start singing happy trails, a few things I need to get off my rebel chest:
          Dude....if you're gonna proclaim a return to real life by singing happy trails?

That's fucked up.

If finality is the order of such a return, bust out a Pat Benatar cover or something.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuheHq5pTPc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuheHq5pTPc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
            Head Fluffer
            • Nov 2004

WHO KNOWS BY THE SUMMER ,I MIGHT GET MY SECOND WIND ........BUT SAD TO SAY ............. LIKE MY GRANDMOTHERS ERA OF FRANK SINATRA .......... MY MOTHERS ERA OF "THE BEATLES " ..... I TOO SAY GOODBY TO THE ROCKIN GOOD TIMES I HAD WITH "VAN HALEN ..... MAY THEY LIVE FOREVER IN ROCK-N- ROLL MORTALITY!!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
              WHO KNOWS BY THE SUMMER ,I MIGHT GET MY SECOND WIND ........BUT SAD TO SAY ............. LIKE MY GRANDMOTHERS ERA OF FRANK SINATRA .......... MY MOTHERS ERA OF "THE BEATLES " ..... I TOO SAY GOODBY TO THE ROCKIN GOOD TIMES I HAD WITH "VAN HALEN ..... MAY THEY LIVE FOREVER IN ROCK-N- ROLL MORTALITY!!!
              Please also bid farewell to your Caps Lock and period keys.

And I believe the word you were searching for was "immortality."

Sorry....I meant "IMMORTALITY."

Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• MUSICMAN64
                Roadie
                • Jun 2004

Great post man. I aint going anywhere, but great post. You hit every nail on the head.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2004

IF BIG WORDS SCARE YOU ,YOUR SPENDING WAY TO MUCH TIME ONLINE ...... CAPS ARE JUST A LETTER ,THAT ARE A LITTLE BIGGER THAN NORMAL ,THERE NOT GONNA BITE ,ITS OK

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

LMAO!!!!

Gotta love the "I'm outta here... I quit... I retire..." threads. What the fuck?!?! Get the fuck out if you're done, no goodbyes necessary.

Seriously, a couple points to keep in mind:

1) This is the Roth Army, not the Reunion Army.... as WARF and others have mentioned, this is about the man, the legend, DLR. In or out of VH.

2) Old-school? Ok, maybe you're an old fart like the webbies, maybe not, but I'm 37, I've seen VH in all it's original glory, and lived through a decade plus of Sammy, a failed 1996 reunion, the Eddie Did It fax, the Gary debacle, complete uncertainty, a Fleece The Sheep tour in 2004, and now the latest, with WARF starting the WOLF Gang for chrissake!!!! And I still haven't quit! When you talk about living through all that shit, and the literally tens of thousands of posts and threads by the likes of Pojo and FORD over a DECADE (yeah, I ran into FORD back in !1996 on the WARNER BROTHERS VH forum, and Brownsound on the old Slawterhouse DLR site), don't come into this place with a 55 post count and hang it up... that's absurd! lol Can't take it anymore? Fuck man, real hardcore (or maybe we're all brain damaged from too much herb and alcohol) old-timers have been in this thing from the get go, for DECADES!!!! You think the latest nonsense is the final straw? Not by a long shot!! lmao

3) If Billboard announces next week that everything is back on track, you'll be back so why leave?

4) Despite all this, we've got some great music and stories outta DLR over the intervening 11 years since the MTV Awards, many tours, great performances, intrigue, a radio show, EMT duty, Backyard BBQ, and quite frankly enough to at least keep the hardcore old-timers at least mildly interested on a regular basis.

All the goddam bandwagon riders the past month have been masturbating to the news clips and photo shoot, as if the world was rolled back to 1984, and Mikey had lost weight, more hair, and turned into a teenager. Jesus, you get all worked up for the current version of a REUNION (which in my opinion, was a goddam affront to an already tarnished legacy and an abortion, fuck, get it together fuckers, and tour with MA even if he sells hot sauce and hangs with Hagar) and when it doesn't fly... THIS... THIS OF ALL THINGS.... THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW!!!?!?!?!? Goddam... the final straw for any sane individual was 1996... when there was still significant interest in this band, before Gary became Ed's soulmate, before Ed actually SANG!!!!! Jesus... might as well hang on for the final crash and burn at this point...

For anyone who's come this far with this band and the players associated, now isn't the time to give up... that fucking train left the station TEN YEARS AGO... we're now in it for the long haul, the final mile, the denoument, the curtain call, the last gasp... If you quit now, any of you, after all the legitimately horrible/bad shit the band and Edward have inflicted on us since 1984, you fucking suck and should consider all your VH/DLR-related activities and energies a huge fucking waste of time.... and it that's all it ever ends up being for any of us, well, goddammit!!!!! I'm going in a blaze of glory of wasted time and braincells and ridiculous fucking posts like this one!!!!!!! WOWOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lmao

Who's with me?>!?>!?!?!?!? Who the fuck is with me on this one?!?!?!?!??!??!? Who want's to fucking quit and who is in it for LIFE!?!?!!!!!!!?!!?!?!!?

Carry on, Soldiers!!!

That is all.

Icon.
                    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Firebrand
                      Roadie
                      • Jun 2004

Laugh all you want to, Commie, but the reality of the matter is that Dave is a small venue-borderline club act without Edward.

I have seen him twice since 1985, and felt like I was watching a Van Halen tribute band each time.

I did give up in 1996. Didn't pay a bit of attention again until they dumped Sammy the first time, hoping somehow they'd see the light. They didn't. I had been away basically since the last Sammy tour ended, and when I heard about this latest "news" I ran back to see if was for real.

I don't have time for games. Don't have time to waste on folks and things that don't seem to matter a hill of beans to the primary parties involved.

When they get serious about being serious, I'll be back. Until then....
                      With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by conmee
                        LMAO!!!!

Gotta love the "I'm outta here... I quit... I retire..." threads. What the fuck?!?! Get the fuck out if you're done, no goodbyes necessary.

Seriously, a couple points to keep in mind:

1) This is the Roth Army, not the Reunion Army.... as WARF and others have mentioned, this is about the man, the legend, DLR. In or out of VH.

2) Old-school? Ok, maybe you're an old fart like the webbies, maybe not, but I'm 37, I've seen VH in all it's original glory, and lived through a decade plus of Sammy, a failed 1996 reunion, the Eddie Did It fax, the Gary debacle, complete uncertainty, a Fleece The Sheep tour in 2004, and now the latest, with WARF starting the WOLF Gang for chrissake!!!! And I still haven't quit! When you talk about living through all that shit, and the literally tens of thousands of posts and threads by the likes of Pojo and FORD over a DECADE (yeah, I ran into FORD back in !1996 on the WARNER BROTHERS VH forum, and Brownsound on the old Slawterhouse DLR site), don't come into this place with a 55 post count and hang it up... that's absurd! lol Can't take it anymore? Fuck man, real hardcore (or maybe we're all brain damaged from too much herb and alcohol) old-timers have been in this thing from the get go, for DECADES!!!! You think the latest nonsense is the final straw? Not by a long shot!! lmao

3) If Billboard announces next week that everything is back on track, you'll be back so why leave?

4) Despite all this, we've got some great music and stories outta DLR over the intervening 11 years since the MTV Awards, many tours, great performances, intrigue, a radio show, EMT duty, Backyard BBQ, and quite frankly enough to at least keep the hardcore old-timers at least mildly interested on a regular basis.

All the goddam bandwagon riders the past month have been masturbating to the news clips and photo shoot, as if the world was rolled back to 1984, and Mikey had lost weight, more hair, and turned into a teenager. Jesus, you get all worked up for the current version of a REUNION (which in my opinion, was a goddam affront to an already tarnished legacy and an abortion, fuck, get it together fuckers, and tour with MA even if he sells hot sauce and hangs with Hagar) and when it doesn't fly... THIS... THIS OF ALL THINGS.... THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW!!!?!?!?!? Goddam... the final straw for any sane individual was 1996... when there was still significant interest in this band, before Gary became Ed's soulmate, before Ed actually SANG!!!!! Jesus... might as well hang on for the final crash and burn at this point...

For anyone who's come this far with this band and the players associated, now isn't the time to give up... that fucking train left the station TEN YEARS AGO... we're now in it for the long haul, the final mile, the denoument, the curtain call, the last gasp... If you quit now, any of you, after all the legitimately horrible/bad shit the band and Edward have inflicted on us since 1984, you fucking suck and should consider all your VH/DLR-related activities and energies a huge fucking waste of time.... and it that's all it ever ends up being for any of us, well, goddammit!!!!! I'm going in a blaze of glory of wasted time and braincells and ridiculous fucking posts like this one!!!!!!! WOWOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lmao

Who's with me?>!?>!?!?!?!? Who the fuck is with me on this one?!?!?!?!??!??!? Who want's to fucking quit and who is in it for LIFE!?!?!!!!!!!?!!?!?!!?

Carry on, Soldiers!!!

That is all.

Icon.
                        Well said.

I'm in it to win it.

Perhaps this entire escapade will be good in the long run...to purge the Army all of the bandwagon jumpers who suddenly decided to show themselves in the forums again.

If you notice, most of the recent crop have a "join" date of 2004...which coincides with a certain "fleece the sheep" tour we all remember. Where have they been the last 3 years?

Perhaps this will help return MAIN to some sense of normalcy.
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

LMAO!!!!

Amen.

You think people would figure out that attention whoring goodbye threads really look dumb after a while.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Speaking of the "2004 join date" thing...

That just happens to apply to the very member who started this thread.

And he's just one of many. (Katie, VHrocks, are you listening?)

Now he'll fade away until there's movement on the VH front again, and suddenly he'll be rejuvenated and find the "energy and inclination" again.

Nothing personal Firebrand, but I'm actually looking forward to some following your lead.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LMAO!!!!

All the goddam bandwagon riders the past month have been masturbating to the news clips and photo shoot, as if the world was rolled back to 1984...

Icon.
                              UhuhuhHUHuhuhuh!

So true Icon, spot-on post.

Now, I'm crying as I write this, I QUIT!

Comment

Working...