X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

38 Special

Did anyone hear any significance by having two drummers in the band? I didn't, but I may have overheard something (perhaps Fudd can elaborate on double drumming.)

I'm not dissing the band; some great tunes; "back where you belong" always remains my favorite.
    sigpic
  • BrownSound1
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

I think it is fookin' stupid in all honesty, but hey...whatever floats their boat. Hard enough to deal with one drummer in a band...always banging and tapping while you're trying to tune or figure out something with the bassist or whatever. I can't imagine putting up with two.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
      Commando
      • Apr 2006

The Doobie Brothers did the two drummers thing some also. I never could see the point in it. As long as the tunes sound good and the band doesn't mind payin the extra head then whatever. It does look rather stupid on stage though.

The way it looks, I bet a lot of people think one of the drummers suck so the other one helps take up the slack. who know, maybe thats it. One guy is a real cool dude but can't cut it live so being loyal and all, the other band members bring in some road help.
      [

Comment

• RuzDNailz
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2004

I heard that there were two drummers and two bass players in The Grateful Dead. I like some of the songs from 38 Special. They came 2 years ago and did a show in Rama.

Comment

• alexpgrimes
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

they don't have 2 drummers anymore. haven't for quite awhile.
          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Well, at least with the Dead the two drummers varied things up a bit...

Yeah, I never quite understood the .38 Special two-drummer deal, either...I liked the band and the music well enough for what it was, but there was nothing going on there percussion-wise that REQUIRED two drummers to be there...
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

*yawn*

Comment

• diamondD
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

One of the most boring bands out there to me. The only group I've ever seen live with 2 drummers that got it right was the Allman Brothers, and it still gets on your nerves after 2 hours and only 8 songs played.
                Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by alexpgrimes
                  they don't have 2 drummers anymore. haven't for quite awhile.
                  Are 38 still a band or did Donnie permanently join the 2nd wave of Skynyrd?

Originally posted by diamondD
                  The only group I've ever seen live with 2 drummers that got it right was the Allman Brothers,
                  So how do 2 drummers get it right, lead drummer and backup drummer?
                  Last edited by Steve Savicki; 02-27-2007, 01:13 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...