PDA

View Full Version : Recordstore says: Van Halen 7 times more popular than Van Hagar

dave_is_vh
04-28-2004, 12:03 AM
I was at the local record store the other day. I looked in the Van Halen section. There were 7 Van Halen CDs and only 1 Van Hagar CD. Record stores stock what sells. That is the bottom line as to which Van Halen is the best.

How about everyone else out there? What is the ratio of Van Halen CDs to Van Hagar CDs at the record store in your town?

DavidLeeNatra
04-28-2004, 07:15 AM
I was in a record store not too long ago and there was no =VH= section anymore...just one 1984-cd in the rock/pop-section starting with "V"... :(

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Having a lot of older VH cd's could also mean no one is buying them. I hate to burst bubbles, but maybe the Hagar shit is what's selling? Nah, can't be...fuck that. You're right. They stock what sells. True.
I know they dont have a David Lee Roth section here anymore. They do have a VH section and is usualy loaded with both eras including the Best Of.

ALMOSTsaved
04-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I've been trying to find EEAS on CD at Circuit City or Walmart or Sound Shop with no luck. I'm getting hesitant to buy it in hopes of it being REMASTERED soon!

I have it on mint vinyl and on cassette.

I also pulled out my EEAS tourbook. Got what a great album, videos and tour.

I miss BIG arena rock.

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I buy from Amazon, as they seem to always have what i want. Look for EEAS there.

ALMOSTsaved
04-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I always order from Amazon, but I am hesitant about ordering because the availability in local stores is non existent. My optimism was causing me to think they were pulling the old version from the shelves to make room for the new and improved REMASTERED edition..Know what I mean?

I want to hear ELEPHANT GUN remastered.

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Yeah I see what you're saying. Odds are they arn't though. IMO. But yeah, ya never know. Do some digging on the internet and see what, if anything comes up about a rematered EEAS. Check the label and original distributor. Or just type it all in google and watch everything else come up instead. LOL That's usualy the way it ends up for me. :D

thefive
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Thats because David Lee Roth Rules!!!!

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 07:05 PM
lol true true. Hey 5. Im still battling my flu. fucking sucks. Sneezing and coughing. Pissing out of my ass. That can't be good?
Maybe I shouldn't smoke my green tonight afterall. :lol:

thefive
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah I was going to email you. Just had to run and pick up some money. Sorry bro that you have to go through that.

I didn't know you smoke POT. LOL

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=798&dateline=1083132988

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 08:22 PM
yeah not much. Im 33. I can't be too crazy these days. Just enough to bring me back down after a long haul of work. I smoke maybe 3 times a week. Little bit at a time :D
Looks like Im heading into 3 days of this flu/cold now, so it should be fading. good talking to you- been awhile. got the pic. very cool shot of the band.

hot for david
04-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
I was at the local record store the other day. I looked in the Van Halen section. There were 7 Van Halen CDs and only 1 Van Hagar CD. Record stores stock what sells. That is the bottom line as to which Van Halen is the best.

How about everyone else out there? What is the ratio of Van Halen CDs to Van Hagar CDs at the record store in your town?

here in mexico is the same situation , n' one day i saw the balance n' i ask the guy who was the vocal n' he doesn't know the only thin' he knows is than that album is without DAVID LEE ROTH , hahaha fuckin' samy bastard