X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

NCAA Football BCS--a sort-of playoff

It looks like the NCAA is set to incorporate a +1 game after all the bowl games are over...pitting the number 1 team against the number 2 team...so...

what happens if #1 plays #2 in the game before the +1 game?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

There already saying no to this...

homos...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Mama's Fool
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

Yeah just saw that this morning.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Fuck the bowls! Just have a damn playoff involving all the conference champions. No wildcards, no conference playoffs. Just one damn Diviaion I-A playoff!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

correction: division

Comment

• DLRismydad
            Groupie
            • Apr 2004

I think they should seed the 8 best teams and spend three or four weeks playing it off

Comment

• Lou

This is why college football SUCKS. With this stupid BCS computer shit they STILL can't get the #1 and #2 teams playing each other. I know there's tradition in bowl games but screw it, they need a friggin' playoff system. They should get rid of computer rankings altogether and just go back to old-fashioned rankings, and then have playoffs. Maybe have the top 6 teams in the playoffs, with the teams ranked 1 and 2 getting byes, and then just do it that way to have a legitimate national championship game. Because the "national championship" game was a joke last season!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Let's be honest though...looking at the BCS...and before I speak to this...let me say I want a playoff as well...

How many years has the BCS not worked out?

How many years has the true #1 not played the true #2...

then go back to the old rankings system, and see how many times that worked out...

Comment

Working...