• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

VH1 Classic 2007 RNRHOF Coverage/Promo Spots

Mods, please close this if you feel it should be in the existing HOF thread.

Anyhoo, VH1 Classic has been advertizing the fuck out of the upcoming broadcast. With every single one VH has the top bill over R.E.M. So, I'm thinkin' they're the Main event?

The promo ad that focuses entirely on VH shows the "Jump" video.

So, I'm just wondering how good or bad this ceremony might actually be, considering all of the questions and silence from the band?

Any thoughts?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!
  • Oxford
    Roadie
    • Jun 2004

Max that a dam shame that the regular VH-1 channel isn't carrying it.Because most people unless you have Dish Tv don't get VH-1 classics.But that is awesome that they are getting top billing over REM.God I would be so depress if the public were more excited if it was REM they were looking forward to.They are depressing to listen to but are good musicians though.
    Oxford

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: VH1 Classic 2007 RNRHOF Coverage/Promo Spots

Originally posted by MAX

Anyhoo, VH1 Classic has been advertizing the fuck out of the upcoming broadcast. With every single one VH has the top bill over R.E.M. So, I'm thinkin' they're the Main event?

The promo ad that focuses entirely on VH shows the "Jump" video.

So, I'm just wondering how good or bad this ceremony might actually be, considering all of the questions and silence from the band?

Any thoughts?
      Gonna be odd seeing the various members of Van Halen sitting apart, watching Velvet Revolver play CVH tunes...wonder if the Van Halens, Roth and Anthony are gonna be at their respective tables thinking "wow, sure was lame we couldn't even get up there and play a couple of tunes for this, and had to have some other band do it for us." Meanwhile Hagar is gonna have a big, fat smirk plastered across his bloated face, laughing about how the Van Halens and Dave couldn't get their shit together.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I can think of 8-9 threads this "news" could have been posted in.

Your guys are REAAALLLYYY trying to see a glimmer of hope wherever you can. Any SCRAP will do.

Forget that they're not playing, no tour as of now, no new material, and no Best of Vol.IX.

BUT!!!!!! They get top billing over REM.

Well that certainly makes up for losing the Rolling Stone Cover to the Fag Out Boyz.

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Re: VH1 Classic 2007 RNRHOF Coverage/Promo Spots

Originally posted by MAX

Maxi.

In all honesty, if you felt the need to START your thread with this disclaimer, then you already knew the answer.

Comment

• isthatTHUNDER?!
            Banned
            • Oct 2006

Max, as site owner, feel free to open any thread you like. Lounge simply needs to get a hobby.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by isthatTHUNDER?!
              Max, as site owner, feel free to open any thread you like. Lounge simply needs to get a hobby.

As site owner, can you come to the mod room for a minute.

We have some questions.

See you in 5 minutes.

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Is that really fat pic of Thunder real? It's quite hilarious.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rikk
                  Is that really fat pic of Thunder real? It's quite hilarious.
                  This is one of Joe's little buddies<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG_J9Mh1EFM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG_J9Mh1EFM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The HOF ceremony is going to end up being a brawl between the VH factions. Can't wait.
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Atomic Dyver
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    I can think of 8-9 threads this "news" could have been posted in.

Your guys are REAAALLLYYY trying to see a glimmer of hope wherever you can. Any SCRAP will do.

Forget that they're not playing, no tour as of now, no new material, and no Best of Vol.IX.

BUT!!!!!! They get top billing over REM.

Well that certainly makes up for losing the Rolling Stone Cover to the Fag Out Boyz.

Its painful.....very painful. But the upside is....is....is....there may be some comedy at the HOF? Yep the tank is almost empty.

Comment

• vh rides again
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2006

yeah this fucker will get closed,but at least we get to discuss how great of a guitar player ingay malmsteen is, in the what songs will velvet revolver play, thread.
                      oh and the always popular who will do vanhalens next record since warner brothers in gone thread.
                      and my favorite,from the vagina of valeri bertinelli.

Last edited by vh rides again; 03-06-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

but yeah, they are really promoting vanhalen as the big dogs this year,
                        but would you expect anything other?
                        hell eddie vanhalen is the biggest thing since hendryx as far as guitarists go in rock. everyones gotta neel down and kiss his ring while hes still on this earth.

i think there should be a seperate thread for every fucking different question about the rock and roll hall of fame.

at least when its all done and over we would be able to look back and see where everyone was right and wrong in thier assumptions and guesses.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by isthatTHUNDER?!

Well shit joey, we were all waiting for you to post in the Great Joey Thunder Thread in the mod room.

Why didnt you show?

:confused:

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                            but yeah, they are really promoting vanhalen as the big dogs this year,

Ever think maybe they're HYPING VH due to the proclivity of their's to MAKE COMPLETE ASSES OF THEMSELVES????

Think Cops.

or anything on FOX.

Who Wants To Marry a Van Halen?

RATINGS, my boy........ratings.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

MAX, you know you're my bud, but should this really be a thread?

Am I the only one not excited about the Hall of Fame ceremony? I think it's a joke. The Hall sucks anyway (they haven't inducted The Stooges, Alice Cooper, KISS, Dead Kennedys, New York Dolls, etc....and it took ages for Van Halen to get in). And the band can't even play at their own induction?

I hate Eddie Van Halen.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...