PDA

View Full Version : something big!

franksters
03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I sincerely believe that VH right now are at the point of no return, and it's a do or die kinda deal, I like to think they will announce the tour and that a new album or mini ep is on the way simultanously...

Like if this whole tour thing was off, Dave would speak up.

VH never really spent more than 3-4 months in studio anyway, I think it's feasable and that it's the reason why things are taking so long, what do you think?

vh rides again
03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
i believe that too.
eddie vanhalen doesnt have any other direction to go and as much as i hate to say it, neither does dave.
nobody is going to go to a concert just to see eddie vanhalen with another singer and a new disk will not sell well.

dave knows this goes for him as well.

this is do or die for vanhalen.

i asked the same question a few weeks ago about how long does it take to cut an album. it would be a smart move to cut an album and then do a tour.
i think it would sell well.
i think they have another kick ass album in em somewhere.
if they can do that, it will be the best direction they could have took.

jharp84
03-04-2007, 01:39 PM
There are no other options!!!

Wawazat
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Do or die ?

Yes DO and fucking resurrect :mad:

Venom Thrust
03-04-2007, 01:51 PM
You are delusional!!

franksters
03-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Venom Thrust
You are delusional!!

Why?

I'd love to hear your point of view about it.

Wawazat
03-04-2007, 01:57 PM
You are delusional!!

It's just a matter of practice

franksters
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
let's face it, if the whole thing would be off, Dave would speak up, and he would comment on it...

he would probably announce a summer tour on his own.

chi-town324
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
i highly doubt they are cutting a disk after one rehearsal

David Lee Rocks
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
well I would hope if the tour was off they woud not have on their website, Van Halen summer tour with David Lee Roth! And yes I believe If they werent gonna do a tour that at least Dave would speak up, but a friend called me today cause he knows Im a Van halen nut and told me he heard on XM radio Eddie Is refusing to go to the Hall of Fame thing but we know that he has reserved a table right? So many rumors out there

Douglas T.
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
That's what I'm hoping for ... a lil smoke and mirrors ... next thing ya know all the shows are booked, disc is canned and brakes are gone!!!:cool:

Atomic Dyver
03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
No doubt new material and the tour being on would be great. But if Eddie is as out there as it seems he could think that a new singer would fly. No one wanted she-rone but that happened. No one wanted gaygar back but that happened. Maybe its time Dave put out another open letter to the press and let us know whats up. Or maybe there is nothing wrong and they think they're building suspense. Whatever the case may be we'll find out soon, HOF is coming up and summer is on the way...

VanHalener
03-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324

I highly doubt that there fewer than two people recording their every move.

SMACK!

:killer: :hitch:

Ed still needs the crotchkick to wake his ass up and give us a full reunion: i.e., w/ Dave & Mike.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324

I'm quite sure there has been more than one rehearsal.

BALLYJUNKIE
03-04-2007, 10:19 PM
VAN HALEN "S MOTTO IS ....... WE CAME HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU , LEAVING HERE WE AGRIVATE YOU .... DONT YOU KNOW IT MEANS THE SAME TO ME !!!! OH YEAH ...........THERE IS ALOT OF "LITTLE DREAMERS" ON THIS BOARD........

Douglas T.
03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
A dream for me is an EEAS reunion! This edwierd showcase has never set well with me!

Douglas T.
03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
...well it did before 84!

ELVIS
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
I'm quite sure there has been more than one rehearsal.

Dave said there was one...

Now, how are you quite sure ??

And franksters...

It's nice to dream that a tour and a new album or whatever is on the way, but at this point in the game with these guys it's more realistic to think in terms of baby steps...

But I just laugh at how so many people around here just make stuff up as they go along...

Oh well...

:elvis:

DLRdelight!
03-05-2007, 12:52 AM
well in about a week we will all know for sure.....i hope

Rikk
03-05-2007, 01:03 AM
We'll know shit after the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame.

Mark my words: we'll know shit.

Nitro Express
03-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Notice Roth isn't shouting from the rooftops about this reunion either. That tell's you the guy knows it could work but most likely will fail and that's why he's not promoting the thing in typical Dave fashion. If it works, great! If it doesn't Dave can say,"Hey, guys, I tried but it's sadly over".

fryingdutchman
03-05-2007, 04:57 AM
I hope that Ed's getting some help.

If he hits the road in the same condition he was in during 2004, they won't even make it halfway through the tour.

GreenBayLA
03-05-2007, 06:12 AM
IMHO ain't nothin' happenin' til Eddie completes rehab.

Wawazat
03-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by GreenBayLA
IMHO ain't nothin' happenin' til Eddie completes rehab.

So what, even if he does he would need about 1 year before he could concentrate on touring with a band.

Give the fucker the right amount of loon to fire him up or forget summer tour 2007 :D

gunnyhighway
03-05-2007, 07:42 AM
the hall of fame show will be great to watch... 3 different tables across the room, seperated by large distances - one for each fraction: one for the sisters, one for the tequila + sauce guys, and one for diamond in the middle... this reminds me of an old song by the ramones (who also hardly communicated during most of their time, to say it in a diplomatic way): WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY .....

DLRfann
03-05-2007, 09:02 AM
With all these rumors and so called sources, there is no way of knowing what is actually going on. I am going to stick to what I said last week when all the haters came out thinking it was over. I dont think they are going to make a new album, but I think because of all the negativity about another Greatest Hit cd, they are going to put 2 or 3 new songs on it (maybe from 2000 when they recorded 'enough songs for an album') to have something to tour off of like with Sammy in '04. I think that was the hold up. Then again, I am just guessing too, just like everyone else on the site, including the so called 'sources'. We will all know on the 12th. Cant wait for it, but Im scared as hell of what might happen. Been there before. At least now there is some hope!?

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dave said there was one...

Now, how are you quite sure ??

And franksters...

It's nice to dream that a tour and a new album or whatever is on the way, but at this point in the game with these guys it's more realistic to think in terms of baby steps...

But I just laugh at how so many people around here just make stuff up as they go along...

Oh well...

:elvis:

Quite sure, based on the fact that you don't announce a 40 date tour, with one rehearsel. I am aware of what Dave said, but when was that interview actually done? Not published, but taken. Just my opinion Elvis.

thetoolrules
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by franksters
I sincerely believe that VH right now are at the point of no return, and it's a do or die kinda deal, I like to think they will announce the tour and that a new album or mini ep is on the way simultanously...

Like if this whole tour thing was off, Dave would speak up.

VH never really spent more than 3-4 months in studio anyway, I think it's feasable and that it's the reason why things are taking so long, what do you think? something big? my cock.

Vinnie Velvet
03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
You are delusional!!

Shut the fuck up, already.

What, you sitting beside Ed when you typed that??

Fuck off.

:mad:

fryingdutchman
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by thetoolrules
something big? my cock. At least that's what my boyfriend tells me.

The Guy
03-05-2007, 04:05 PM
There has definately been more than one rehearsal. Alot more.

Things will be clearer pretty damn soon, and many will be very pleasantly surprised.

lztom
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
A full album would be a disaster. However good it was (and one couldn't realistically expect it to be that good, all things considered), it would in all likelihood not be a huge seller. It would struggle to beat VH3 I expect in terms of sales. Don't forget how different the record industry is nowadays. Recording a few good songs and putting them across for radio airplay and on iTunes etc would be the way to go for me if they were looking to record new stuff. Try and get a hit to remind everyone who VH are and to boost the tour is the way I would look at it. I'm sure an album would quickly become an albatross around the band's neck. Not that I believe this delay is to do with them recording one anyway.

Rikk
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by The Guy

Things will be clearer pretty damn soon, and many will be very pleasantly surprised.

You're an idiot.

Dave himself said there has only been one rehearsal.

Get your cut-and-pasting of already posted stories right before you pretend to act like an insider...

How's that New York weather?

bueno bob
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Van Halen is a band on it's last legs.

100% is the ONLY way to salvage it before it completely implodes.

It's knocking at the door of implosion right now...

Roth & Roll
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Oops! I saw the title of this thread and thought this was about Katie's fat pimple riddled ass.... Sorry

binnie
03-06-2007, 10:54 AM
This threads needs some boobies.....

franksters
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
bueno's got them!

thetoolrules
03-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman i like cock.
big cock?

VanHalener
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Pipe down Joey. The adults are talking.

Bill Lumbergh
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
MY inside sources are better than YOUR inside sources..... :mad:

jero
03-09-2007, 06:36 AM

I'm not pleasantly suprised!

franksters
03-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I had high hopes...

Ellyllions
03-09-2007, 08:37 AM

So, the Guy, how are you feeling about your "inside" source today? Was Ed's ruining Dave's shot in a "limelight" the news we'd be pleasantly surprised about?

So tell us....

fryingdutchman
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM

Gimme a fucking break!

Speak in generalizations much?

:rolleyes:

fryingdutchman
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
MY inside sources are better than YOUR inside sources..... :mad:

But Bueno Bob's sources are the BEST!!

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Dave can't drink no Jack Daniels onstage now. That wouldn't be right to do in front of someone who's trying to dry up.

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Once he's finished w/ rehab, it won't matter...

Trust me.

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Hope you're right, man.
I threw you 5 stars. Thanks for the welcome.

Big Troubles
03-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Promoting 2004.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxzCRxSNEX4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxzCRxSNEX4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Big Troubles
03-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Similarities or what?

Too bad Ed is the way he is. Maybe the "clean" Ed isn't too far away though?