PDA

View Full Version : Brad Starks says.....

BrownSound1
03-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I was going through some vh@yahoogroups email, when I came across a reply from Brad Starks about the current status of Van Halen. Here's what Brad said the subject....

"The VH tour with Roth is still in the works. I spoke with Alex last
night and the best advice I can give everyone right now is to
consider Van Halen a work in progress. Seriously. This thing is far
from being "over.""

So...officially there you go. One would figure that Brad asked Alex how he should answer the countless emails he's been getting. Dave's still there...just wondering what the "work in progress" part is really about.

FORD
03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess they figured that would sound better than "no news is good news".

LoungeMachine
03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Evolution.

A work in progress.

Antman
03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Whatever you say Brad.

ELVIS
03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping they found a way to get Edward into rehab, or some other program...

If Edward emerged sober I would consider flying somewhere for a show or two...

ELVIS
03-04-2007, 04:56 PM
On the other hand though...

I hope The sisters and boy wonder keep Dave 'till they call it quits...

I think in that case, there's a fair to good chance of an album, and if it turned out to be any good, a tour to go along with the album would have a better chance of being performed at a level that would please us real fans...

Was that a Wayne L. sentence or what ??

:D

But, seriously...

:elvis:

Roth & Roll
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Elvis; as far as I'm concerned a new album with new/unreleased material is the only right way to do this thing. In fact, I would rather have new material than a tour. I'm never optimistic where Van Halen is concerned; but if this "delay" becomes the catalyst for new material, then I'll consider it a blessing in disguise.

bantonelli
03-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I'm hoping they found a way to get Edward into rehab, or some other program...

If Edward emerged sober I would consider flying somewhere for a show or two...

Elvis...going thru a metamorphisis with a change of heart to say he'd consider going to a show?

very nice

;)

ELVIS
03-04-2007, 05:23 PM
ONLY, If I knew Edward was sober like he was in the early 90's...

And R&R, i don't think this delay is because of new material...

I was talking maybe next year or beyond kind of thing...

Roth & Roll
03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
ONLY, If I knew Edward was sober like he was in the early 90's...

And R&R, i don't think this delay is because of new material...

I was talking maybe next year or beyond kind of thing...

I agree with you; I definately don't think that this delay is because of new material either; although if there is a down time of a couple of months before they decide to get on with this thing; maybe they will get their heads out of their collective asses and do something productive with the down time and actually record at least a couple of new tracks; maybe more depending on Deadwards' physical and mental state...I know it's wishful thinking on my part; realistically I expect absolutely nothing at this point. The fact that they wont even perform at the RRHOF induction speaks volumes about the state of the rotting carcass formally known as Van Halen.

chi-town324
03-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I think they will tour just to get the cash....a new album is a little unrealistic......but one can hope

Bob_R
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
LOL @ "work in progress".

Van Halen's been a work in progress since 1996.

David Lee Rocks
03-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I guess they figured that would sound better than "no news is good news". yeah, they must realize how frustrated we all are

Roth & Roll
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Who is Brad Starks?

WARF
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
No news is good news...

Roth & Roll
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
Who is Brad Starks?

I know who he is...just disappointed that Arielle Bot or Sarge's Little Helper didnt have an answer for this....they should.

Panamark
03-04-2007, 09:23 PM
And they cant put this on the official site because ?

ThrillsNSpills
03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

because Brent's people have started an online petition to put the Sam picture back on it.

BrownSound1
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM

What's the point? The site already says that a tour with David Lee Roth is coming. That's the official stance...has been since they first posted it. Pretty much everything else has been speculation. No one from the band has EVER said there wasn't going to be a tour or they had broken up.

Panamark
03-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
What's the point? The site already says that a tour with David Lee Roth is coming. That's the official stance...has been since they first posted it. Pretty much everything else has been speculation. No one from the band has EVER said there wasn't going to be a tour or they had broken up.

Hey Man !

Im totally with you. In fact Ive posted here that Dave is obviously
still in, because of what is posted there.

But dont you remember when all the original rumours were
flying around a few years back, Brad would always post some
sort of cryptic message in response to the rumours.
In this case, many media outlets are basically saying the
whole thing is fucked. Dunno, just seems to make sense
to me put a little blurb on there to shut the dumbfuck
naysayers up :D

Panamark
03-04-2007, 10:10 PM
*DISCLAIMER*

LoungeMachine is not a dumbfuck naysayer ! :p

BrownSound1
03-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Hey Man !

Im totally with you. In fact Ive posted here that Dave is obviously
still in, because of what is posted there.

But dont you remember when all the original rumours were
flying around a few years back, Brad would always post some
sort of cryptic message in response to the rumours.
In this case, many media outlets are basically saying the
whole thing is fucked. Dunno, just seems to make sense
to me put a little blurb on there to shut the dumbfuck
naysayers up :D

I got ya! Do you mean cryptic as in, "no news is good news," or "I'm just a mushroom...they keep me in the dark and feed me shit?" ;) I certainly remember those things being said. However, I have to cut the guy some slack in that he can only put info out that he is allowed to put out. From the way it looks he gets everything dictated to him by Ed and Al...probably Al more than anyone.

I would say that Van Halen stance is regardless of what you hear from "sources close to the band," they are going to do a tour...with Diamond Dave at the helm. Seems like a few of us have been saying all along.

LoungeMachine
03-05-2007, 09:03 AM
*DISCLAIMER*

LoungeMachine is not a dumbfuck naysayer ! :p

am too :p

DLR'sCock
03-05-2007, 10:52 AM
This posting from Brad is pretty much what you would get from his automated email response as well.

Sounds good to me. We waited this long, I can still wait. Hell the HoF is next monday, hmmmmm maybe I should go to the Waldorf?

Steve Savicki
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm hoping they found a way to get Edward into rehab,
That would be work in progress.

lztom
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
That would be work in progress.

More like mission impossible.

DLR'sCock
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
The tour is still in the works. Your best bet right now is to consider Van Halen a work in progress.
Additional information will be posted to the website as things develop.

--
Brad
The Official Van Halen Web Site
http://www.van-halen.com

Plexi Head
03-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
I know who he is...just disappointed that Arielle Bot or Sarge's Little Helper didnt have an answer for this....they should.

Ha! Too funny.

Brad is one of the worlds true gentlemen IMO.

LookN4AMootBeat
03-06-2007, 06:28 AM
It's simple. The holdup is about money as it always is. Who gets what, bottom line.

And you're damn right they're going to tour AND do an album because they know this is the right opportunity and it's basically the final product they have left to sell and make LARGE GREEN with. That's the only reason it's even happening, because the time and opportunity are there.

Ya, Eddie's a drunken dingbat with alot of problems, but he also knows the music business and the color of money. There are probably 10 different record producers waiting in line to try and get a piece of this action (people you never hear about), not to mention Dave too. After what happened in 96 it's no surprise that Dave's gonna make damn sure he doesn't get screwed.

This is their last chance to make serious cake and they know it. After this one's over anything they do is going to be mediocre moneywise. Oh, they will probably do some really great music on future albums after this one but the Hall of Fame/ reunion ride will only last so long money-wise.

If Eddie sobers/grows up and they keep getting along and doing great albums maybe it'll be another 10 year ride but that's a big maybe. So ya, this might be their last chance.

Plexi Head
03-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by LookN4AMootBeat
It's simple. The holdup is about money as it always is. Who gets what, bottom line.

And you're damn right they're going to tour AND do an album because they know this is the right opportunity and it's basically the final product they have left to sell and make LARGE GREEN with. That's the only reason it's even happening, because the time and opportunity are there.

Ya, Eddie's a drunken dingbat with alot of problems, but he also knows the music business and the color of money. There are probably 10 different record producers waiting in line to try and get a piece of this action (people you never hear about), not to mention Dave too. After what happened in 96 it's no surprise that Dave's gonna make damn sure he doesn't get screwed.

This is their last chance to make serious cake and they know it. After this one's over anything they do is going to be mediocre moneywise. Oh, they will probably do some really great music on future albums after this one but the Hall of Fame/ reunion ride will only last so long money-wise.

If Eddie sobers/grows up and they keep getting along and doing great albums maybe it'll be another 10 year ride but that's a big maybe. So ya, this might be their last chance.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Plexi Head
03-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

WTF??????????????????????????

Anyways, great post LookN4AMootBeat

LookN4AMootBeat
03-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks mate.

Roth & Roll
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Obviously.

That boat left the port in 1996; the only people who gave a crap now were the hardcore fans...the few of us left anyway. From a commecial standpoint; it's 11 years too late.

Ya, Eddie's a drunken dingbat with alot of problems, but he also knows the music business and the color of money. There are probably 10 different record producers waiting in line to try and get a piece of this action (people you never hear about), not to mention Dave too. After what happened in 96 it's no surprise that Dave's gonna make damn sure he doesn't get screwed..

10 record producers? You may want to reconsider that statement considering that this band does not even have a record contract anymore. We're talking about a band that has released a grand total of 3 new songs in 9 years. We're not talking albums, we're talking SONGS! And crappy ones at that may I add. Dave may have learned something from 1996, but obviously Edward certainly hasn't learned a damn thing; sadly Edward Van Halen and Fiasco have become synonymous.

Eddie has already self sabotaged any chance at VH making serious cake. Whether it be the lack of positive PR, the lack of any new material to kick off any subsequent tour, or the fact that he still refuses to get his head straight. The fact that he even refuses to perform at the RRHOF speaks volumes about EVH at this point and time.

That's some wishful thinking on your part. Realistically, Edward will be dead in 24-36 months unless something drastic happens. I never thought that I would live to see the day where Keith Richards would be in better shape than Edward Van Halen. This was supposed to be Eddie's swan song and he aborted it before it even got off the ground.
EVH seems a lot more interested in cashing in on his past accomplishments (EVH Gear, Greatest Hits Albums) than he does in doing anything relevant in the now and present. Like it or not, we are witnessing the death of Van Halen unless a miracle happens. Their final window of opportunity is already 90% closed.

LookN4AMootBeat
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
There's only one necessary reply to you and it covers everything in your post:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

--That boat wasn't even around in '96, not like it is now.

--They haven't done an album in so long because the "cash" opportunity has not been lucrative enough to tempt any producers for years. Believe me, the record company execs rule the music industry. If they don't think you're worth it they won't bother no matter who you are. RRHOF + Roth reunion = LUCRATIVE for them. Eddie can do all the recording in his studio he wants...but without a record company he's as much a shitbum as you and me especially in his twilight years and after all the unreliable shit he's pulled.

--Just because Eddie or whoever doesn't want to perform at the RRHOF doesn't mean anything. Besides, being honored means that SOMEONE ELSE should take the stage and entertain YOU while you sit at a table and wave and drink champagne. There's no rule that says an honoree has to perform.

It's going to happen, and for more reasons than the ones I've spelled out here. Reunion tour AND album. Mark my words.

Roth & Roll
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
There's only one necessary reply to you and it covers everything in your post:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

--That boat wasn't even around in '96, not like it is now.

--They haven't done an album in so long because the "cash" opportunity has not been lucrative enough to tempt any producers for years. Believe me, the record company execs rule the music industry. If they don't think you're worth it they won't bother no matter who you are. RRHOF + Roth reunion = LUCRATIVE for them. Eddie can do all the recording in his studio he wants...but without a record company he's as much a shitbum as you and me especially in his twilight years and after all the unreliable shit he's pulled.

With all due respect, the RRHOF means squat. The only reason VH wasn't inducted sooner was because of the mess that they have become. To state that a reunion in 2007 would be more lucrative than 1996 is simply wrong for many reasons.

Van Halen in 1996 was still a household name which was still productive and in the mainstream and were still relevant to casual fans. In 1996 there were absolutely no doubts about EVH's skills. The same can definately NOT be said in 2007. Van Halen's stock and reputation have dropped drastically in the past 11 years. That is an undeniable fact.

--Just because Eddie or whoever doesn't want to perform at the RRHOF doesn't mean anything. Besides, being honored means that SOMEONE ELSE should take the stage and entertain YOU while you sit at a table and wave and drink champagne. There's no rule that says an honoree has to perform.

It may not mean anything to you, but it sure as hell means a lot to me. I can't think of a better way that VH could have made a statement than to go up on stage and tear the house down. It would definately have made a statement not only to the music establishment, but to the general public as well that they can STILL tear it up. I can't think of a better way to promote themselves and get the public hungry for more. Look at how fast The Police sold out across North America simply by performing 1 song at the Grammys.

Once again, Van Halen is squandering a golden opportunity to give themselves some positive press for a change, and once again EVH is asleep at the wheel. Being honored DOESNT mean someone else should take the stage. It means giving a command performance to those who are honoring you. Traditionally that is the way it has always been done - especially when all the bandmembers are still alive. BLack Sabbath was the only other surviving band to do so but their circumstances were very different than those of VH.

It's going to happen, and for more reasons than the ones I've spelled out here. Reunion tour AND album. Mark my words.

Unfortunately, I really can't share your optimism. I would love for your prediction to come true; but with the history of this band I honestly don't ever see it coming to fruition. I honestly hope that you're right. Only time will tell....

Hyman Roth
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Damn good reading.

Vinnie Velvet
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I believe that there will be a tour at some point.

Its not over by any means.

As for a new album, Dave seemed to be very positive over the prospects of one, so anything is possible.

Who knows.

WACF
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
As far as the Hall of Fame goes...it is shit...plain and simple.

Where is Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush...

All I wanted out of the hall of fame was a chance to see Roth play with Van Halen...just for a fan.

It ain't gonna happen at the ceremony or at all perhaps...what I wanted out of the Hall of Sham is not going to happen...fuck it.

Vinnie Velvet
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by WACF
It ain't gonna happen at the ceremony or at all perhaps...what I wanted out of the Hall of Sham is not going to happen...fuck it.

Well yes, not at the Hall thing, no, but a tour with Roth is far from over.

It will still happen, IMO.