PDA

View Full Version : Eddie is even more fucking INSANE than we thought.

WARF
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Ed is completely off his rocker.

In 1996, he blamed David Lee Roth's onstage antics during Beck's VMA acceptance speech, as a way to bring forth Gary Cherone courtesy of Ray Danniels.

In 2000, he claimed he had cancer to avoid a David Lee Roth reunion attempt.

Now in 2007, Eddie Van Halen the beer drinkin', Arizona Guitar smashing, Idiot Savant... is checking himself into rehab, to escape having to share the stage with MICHAEL ANTHONY and SAMMY HAGAR!!

Don't let the REHAB scam, or phony van-halen.com message from Eddie Van Halen fool ya, Eddie is a compulsive liar! He never cared about his fans... and he never will... if anyone buys into this bullshit spewin' from Ed's mouth about entering rehab to get better.... maybe they should have themselves admitted into the Betty Ford clinic right next to him.

Drinking didn't cause him to go to rehab, guilt did.

glensfallspaul
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WARF

Maybe guilt drove him to drink.

EEASCURLY
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Warf, I'm with you bro'. This is a fucking joke.

PlexiBrown
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Now in 2007, Eddie Van Halen the beer drinkin', Arizona Guitar smashing, Idiot Savant... is checking himself into rehab, to escape having to share the stage with MICHAEL ANTHONY and SAMMY HAGAR!!

Who wouldn't!!! :D

perilousepete
03-09-2007, 02:35 PM
i WANT to believe it....but yeah i mean when you do this kind of thing right before you're inducted in to rrhof.....you're subject to much speculation. but if he really is going to rehad and it really does help him, great. just hope it's for real but yeah i know the guy lies a lot. he was already in a hole anyway so i guess it whatever happens it can't get worse so hopefully it gets better. now the question is, will roth hold out....

jero
03-09-2007, 02:52 PM

In 1996, he blamed David Lee Roth's onstage antics during Beck's VMA acceptance speech, as a way to bring forth Gary Cherone courtesy of Ray Danniels.

Don't let the REHAB scam, or phony van-halen.com message from Eddie Van Halen fool ya, Eddie is a compulsive liar! He never cared about his fans... and he never will... if anyone buys into this bullshit spewin' from Ed's mouth about entering rehab to get better.... maybe they should have themselves admitted into the Betty Ford clinic right next to him.

I think it's Dave who said, get things straight Ed, after that we will be touring stadiums

FORD
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm with Jero here....

I think Dave & Alex staged some kind of intervention. Maybe Wolfie and perhaps even Val were involved too.

As I've posted in other threads, the key thing now is how Dave & Alex (and their hired hands, publicity, managment, etc) handle this. They SHOULD all attend the Hall of Fame ceremony. Then they should work on the box set, the DVD's or whatever to hype up interest among the general public in the name of Van HALEN. Things obviously don't look good for a 2007 tour, but a 2008 tour could be bigger than ever if they handle this right.

DLR'sCock
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes Ford, agreed, but will this follow through?

Alex and Dave should attend, and Alex should speak on his brother's behalf, and not worry about not playing, just show class and solidarity, but is there any?

Who knows?

Bo Nozos
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM

That's an interesting conspiracy theory, man. Very interesting. Ed's a drunk and, according to some, a meth-head, and has been so for years, and when you lay out the timing it does make you ask yourself, "Why NOW?"

diamondsgirl
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Alcoholics are generally very self centered. Ed was worried about how HE would be perceived at this event and couldn't deal with that, so he ran and hid. To avoid having that eye contact with Mike, to avoid having to answer the question "why?", to avoid any unpleasantry, he ran.

Avoidance. Its why they drink in the first place. They can't face their reality.

WACF
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm with Jero here....

I think Dave & Alex staged some kind of intervention. Maybe Wolfie and perhaps even Val were involved too.

As I've posted in other threads, the key thing now is how Dave & Alex (and their hired hands, publicity, managment, etc) handle this. They SHOULD all attend the Hall of Fame ceremony. Then they should work on the box set, the DVD's or whatever to hype up interest among the general public in the name of Van HALEN. Things obviously don't look good for a 2007 tour, but a 2008 tour could be bigger than ever if they handle this right.

Yup...diamondsgirl has a good point too.

No matter where Ed's head is at he has got to realize he is at the bottom...he blew it in 2004(although the end result is Hagarless so that is good for us)...perhaps he realizes he will just blow it again.

It has go to be tough having to look your son in the eye and see him look back at you seeing what you where and have become.

Bo Nozos
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Wolfie was looking forward to a summer of playing to cheering crowds, tagging babes way hotter than he'd ever deserve if he wasn't EVH's kid, and getting life lessons from Uncle Dave.

Now, he has to listen to his asshole, rich-kid, Hollywood classmates snicker about his old man.

Life's a bitch.

diamondsgirl
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Hopefully this IS Ed's bottom and he can only go up from here. Fucking this up, after all of his other fuck ups, will hopefully be his last.

Alcoholics are always asked "what was your bottom?", at least Ed has a unique story to tell.

lafours
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Alex , Dave, Mike and Sam should all go up there an accept the award and give a thumbs up to EVH for creating the legacy...

It would make VH look classy and not like a bunch of spoiled insane old men and if Ed is serious about rehab it will look great if they decide to put the classic VH band together again...

If Dave, and Al refuse to show up it's just a big F-U to the fans

freak
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Kidding aside, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Eddie's physical deterioration over the past few years has been downright shocking. If his statements in interviews are any indication, his mental deterioration has been just as severe.

I hope for his sake, as well as his son's, the rehab goes well. This is almost certainly his last chance.

theicecreamman
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM

5 stars for WARF
You hit the nail on the head

Angel
03-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Eddie is a compulsive liar!

Compulsive lieing is a symptom of addiction.

and yes, DG one of the reasons alcoholics drink is to try to alleviate pain and guilt.

ppg960
03-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Great thread guys.
Many good points brought forward here.
I hope for Ed's sake, it's not too late.

Loons The Great
03-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Well...well...well...wella wellaah welllaaah...ooh well well...yez yeah, baby!...mmmm nah yez yez...it's eat 'em and smile time again y'all...what a stellar time to be a Van Halen fan!!...yez Ize said...well, on a positive note...at least Van Fagar is dead and gone!!!!!!

Hall of Sham...Runaround?? WTF? You've got to be fucking kidding me...Van Halen broke up in '85...I refuse to recognize any "Van Halen" that does not include Diamond David Lee Roth...Van Hagar Rest In Piss...Cabo Wabo Tequila is panther piss...Vitamin T...Hagar fans are mullet sporting hoosier pieces of shit that should get lost and stay there...

Is Eddie really sobering up or is this bullshit like in the early 90's...why couldn't you have went in to rehab in '85 and gotten a FUCKING CLUE and not hired Ronald Fucking McDonald??...Lord hab mercy!!...damn right Ize got de blues...them ol' Van Halen blues...

In '85 the death of Van Halen Ize did mourn...

In '07 Ize wish Sammy Hagar THAT YOU NEVER WAS BORN!!!!!!...

LoungeMachine
03-10-2007, 02:11 AM
The world is coming to an end..........

I agree with WARF on something.

:gulp:

Bo Nozos
03-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great

In '85 the death of Van Halen Ize did mourn...

In '07 Ize wish Sammy Hagar THAT YOU NEVER WAS BORN!!!!!!...

Loons, that is poetry man . . . .