PDA

View Full Version : More than liquor

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I've read where people say that Ed is on meth. If that's true, this is some serious shit, man. It ain't just about drying up. Shit, he could die. My cousin had a bad life 'cause of meth.

Nitro Express
03-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Ed is too laid back to be a methhead. I think he would be worse off if that was the case. I think Ed suffers mostly from cigarettes and booze. He's a heavy user of those and has been doing so for 40 years. It's takes it's toll in your mid 50's when you hit the ethanol and nicotine as hard and as long as Ed has.

VAiN
03-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I don't believe for one minute that Ed is on Meth... I mean come on.... sure he did mountains of blow in the 80's, but I seriously doubt he's a 50-year old meth addict.

Diamondjimi
03-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
Yeah, I don't believe for one minute that Ed is on Meth... I mean come on.... sure he did mountains of blow in the 80's, but I seriously doubt he's a 50-year old meth addict.

Honestly dude, I wouldn't put it past him although I would like to believe otherwise.

Cool avatar,btw.;)

DLRdelight!
03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
man just imagine how his body is internally!!!

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 06:12 PM
He awfully skinny in that Guitar World.

ALMOSTsaved
03-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Actually he has a little more meat on his bones than he did in 2004.

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
True dat.

Eyes of the Night
03-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
I've read where people say that Ed is on meth. If that's true, this is some serious shit, man. It ain't just about drying up. Shit, he could die. My cousin had a bad life 'cause of meth.

LL, yeah man I've only seen it mentioned twice ... once in a title Lounge posted in a thread but nothing was mentioned inside the thread ...

and the other was from me who *I* had heard from a bum bumming a cig from me last year ... saying Ed had done it in the 80's SO right there it brought up a red flag cause meth wasn't around until what 15 years ago? ...

Fuck I dunno, I've been clean from meth for 2 years now ... I'm lucky to say I'm 1 of the only 6 percent who truly stay clean ... sorry bout your cuz LL ... have some stars and welcome to da army;) ...

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
LL, yeah man I've only seen it mentioned twice ... once in a title Lounge posted in a thread but nothing was mentioned inside the thread ...

and the other was from me who *I* had heard from a bum bumming a cig from me last year ... saying Ed had done it in the 80's SO right there it brought up a red flag cause meth wasn't around until what 15 years ago? ...

Fuck I dunno, I've been clean from meth for 2 years now ... I'm lucky to say I'm 1 of the only 6 percent who truly stay clean ... sorry bout your cuz LL ... have some stars and welcome to da army;) ...

Nah dude, I did it occasionally back aboot 25 years ago...

Used to be called "crank"...not my drug of choice, but the times I was turned on to it, I found I could drink half of wherever I was at the time. :D

It works if you work it, eyes! Good for you, brother!

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Alright fellas, good to be here. Hope it's not true for Ed.

I go way back with CVH. My first show was 80. Not too many brothers down with that but i dig that guitar and Dave is just a black dude in white skin.

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Where did you see 'em?

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Agusta, GA. 1980 Invasion Tour. I was on the front row, man. Talas opened.

katie
03-10-2007, 07:40 PM
'My drug of choice is an 18 year old single malt blonde' - DLR

Eyes of the Night
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
It works if you work it, eyes! Good for you, brother!

Oh that's right ... crank ... the peanut butter looking drug ... fuck was into that too before I found something WAY cleaner in Meth ...

So yeah, I could see ed doing crank back in the day! Maybe that bum was right!?? lmmfao what a trip ... you can smoke crank too btw ...

Yo, have some stars Hideyoshizeep ...

MikeyHead
03-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Anyone remember how fit he looked in '95-'98, along the time of the short haircut? It was bizarre, he looked that way for just a few years, then 'poof' back to being stringy looking. I think it's just age, alcohol, and tobacco.

At least he's seeking help.

What wouldnt surprise me is an announcement soon that Dave is out of the band again, because of his comment that Ed's 'downward spiral' pretty much derailed the HOF, as well as the tour. I agree with his comments, but knowing how sensitive A&E are, he may already be out of favor again.

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Agusta, GA. 1980 Invasion Tour. I was on the front row, man. Talas opened.

I caught them early in '80....Right after The Who stomping up here.

Some band called Rail, I think opened.

Good shit, indeed! 'cept for the law.....

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh that's right ... crank ... the peanut butter looking drug ... fuck was into that too before I found something WAY cleaner in Meth ...

So yeah, I could see ed doing crank back in the day! Maybe that bum was right!?? lmmfao what a trip ... you can smoke crank too btw ...

Yo, have some stars Hideyoshizeep ...

I went with the staw/dollar bill option....

Back at ya wit da stizzles.

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by katie
'My drug of choice is an 18 year old single malt blonde' - DLR

What's with your daughter in the av, Katie?

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Alright fellas, good to be here. Hope it's not true for Ed.

I go way back with CVH. My first show was 80. Not too many brothers down with that but i dig that guitar and Dave is just a black dude in white skin.

Welcome to the Army, Lamont! Only light green and dark green here..

Dave is the white Dolemite!

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Dolemite, motherfucker! I read the book.

Sheehan was kicking ass that night in GA too. Then they fired his ass. We all know the rest, don't we? Shit...

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Dolemite, motherfucker! I read the book.

Sheehan was kicking ass that night in GA too. Then they fired his ass. We all know the rest, don't we? Shit...

Book?

I saw the movies....:cool:

Little Lamont
03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Alright, man, alright. Shit, I wish they'd make a fuckin movie.

katie
03-10-2007, 08:21 PM
What's with your daughter in the av, Katie?

Even you don't believe that:cool:

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by katie
Even you don't believe that:cool:

?...............

Nitro Express
03-10-2007, 09:29 PM
There amphetamines and then there's methamphetamine. Meth is a stronger version of an amphetamine and has been around for awhile. The Nazi SS used meth to charge the Waffen SS in battle and rumor is some of the head Nazi leaders, including Hitler became addicted to it.

What you have to remember is most of the methemphetamine on the market is not pharmacutical grade by any means. It's produced in crude labs and contains dangerouse trace elecments from the home brew processes that are used to make the shit.

There's more in meth that is affecting the person than just the pure methemphetamine. Meth is one of those drugs, that was scientifically studied and scraped because it has no useful value medically. It's pure crap.

ppg960
03-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I was going to bring up the Nazi SS as well.
Most of the guards at the Concentration Camps were cranked up as well. The mass killings would get to them other wise.
They did all sorts of experiments on prisoners as well with it.

ppg960
03-10-2007, 11:05 PM

Congrats on being clean for two years!!
Your one of the lucky few.:)

ben halen
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Didn't Dave accuse Ed of being a meth head on his radio show?

And didn't Ed himself hint that some kind of illegal treatment cured his cancer on the Stern show?

Could explain why this band has been beyond fucked up for years.

chi-town324
03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
If Ed didn't get help soon he would be dead, and i mean soon .... he looks like the walking dead now..who knows whats going to happen when he gets out

Matt White
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Meth is sometines used to cut Cocaine.....

Mr. EVH might have got a little sumthin' sumthin' in his BLOW that he wasn't ready for.....

ANd the rest...as they say...is "history"....

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Mr. EVH might have got a little sumthin' sumthin' in his BLOW that he wasn't ready for.....

I never knowed any 'bout that...

Alls I could tell ya was about my close encounters with boh of them....

Seems I was never one for grinding my teeth, so's I used it sparingly...

Last time I did crank, meth, whatever, Alvin lee was playin this tiny club in an off the chart part of West Germany back around '86..I had the flu, but I HAD to go...

Didn't see any booger sugar until '92..

"When you're day is done, and you wanna run...."

I've seen dudes do up 8-balls like nobody's buisness, I could never be that guy....1 g would get me through a weekend gig...Including the day job.
The booze told me that.

Seshmeister
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Fuck I dunno, I've been clean from meth for 2 years now ...

That explains a lot.:)

Well as someone that used to read your posts here and listen to your guitar playing before you were off meth, it's essential that if EVH is on it he gets off it ASAP. :)

kamaboko
03-12-2007, 12:37 AM
I caught them early in '80....Right after The Who stomping up here.

Some band called Rail, I think opened.

Good shit, indeed! 'cept for the law.....

Yes, Rail was from Seattle, WA. They got the opening gig for VH through a MTV contest.

Bonzo1026
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ben halen

And didn't Ed himself hint that some kind of illegal treatment cured his cancer on the Stern show?

I don't know about all that but all I have to say is Larry Fuckin' Storch!!!!! LOL

GreenBayLA
03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by VAiN

No one starts out thinking I'm going to be an addict and drugs will ruin my life. But it happens. How many people thought they would try heroin "just once" who ended up junkies?

Eyes of the Night
03-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Well as someone that used to read your posts here and listen to your guitar playing before you were off meth, it's essential that if EVH is on it he gets off it ASAP. :)

That's some funny shit Meister ... in those days, 6 years ago, I had used shitty recording software, was 12 pack drunk, and Wolfgangless ...

Have some stars Sesh ... 5

Eyes of the Night
03-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Yeah, I could see that happening ... aren't you not suppose to mix uppers like that though ... I did once ... once ... fuck that shit, it hurt my brain! ...

Seshmeister
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
That's some funny shit Meister ... in those days, 6 years ago, I had used shitty recording software, was 12 pack drunk, and Wolfgangless ...

Have some stars Sesh ... 5

Ha sorry that was a bit harsh.:)

Dr. Weenis
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi. This is what Meth does to someone's face. Compare to Eddie's ever changing appearance.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/index.html

jhale667
03-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Weenis
Hi. This is what Meth does to someone's face. Compare to Eddie's ever changing appearance.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/index.html

That never ceases to amaze me. That is some messed up shit. Tried it a couple o' times in the '90s, not for me. I like to sleep too much...:D

Eyes of the Night
03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Ha sorry that was a bit harsh.:)

Nah, it's coo ... yeah all I could take my talent are too "open mics" down at the local pubs n' shit ... my best gigs was when I was tweaked for days ...

and that's the thing with meth for me was I could or would want to control it by only taking a few hits before I hit the stage ... then would end up a week later still up from that show ...
:hitch:

hideyoursheep
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by kamaboko
Yes, Rail was from Seattle, WA. They got the opening gig for VH through a MTV contest.

That's bullshit..

March 1980 there was no MTV. :mad:

Speed Of White
03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
I think Ed's been getting "gakked" since the early years. There are pictures of him around when the first album came out and his eyes were like saucers. It was probably more coke then though. Ever since those pictures of him at the Elton John party earlier this year came out the meth rumors really took off. People forget he had cancer too. Fuck it, if meth is gonna work for any musician Eddie would have to be around the top of the list. Give a guy with his abilities some go-go rock and something incredible could happen.
One rumor is he started in '95 while on tour. Next thing you know he's fuckin' shredding again. "Human's Being" and "Me Wise Magic" were his two best guitar songs in ten years and for ten years to come.

jgdrag
03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ben halen

Yes Dave did mention it on his radio gig

Speed Of White
03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
On Stern Eddie said "I cured my cancer in a way that’s not exactly legal in this country. I’d tell you, but I don’t want to go to jail. When you drink your damn draino it just holds it at bay."

Take it for what it is. It could mean a few things. Most people assume meth because of the Draino comment, but most people don't know shit about meth. Draino has nothing to do with the process, but it is a common stereotype because of the propaganda out there that says meth is made with all these household chemicals.

Matt White
03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
:confused:

I thought he used "The Force"........................???

Speed Of White
03-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah...Yoda turned that stump he lived in on Dagobaugh (sp?) into a lab to compete against Vadar. To see who would sell to Obi Won and Eddie V. Vader fucked up his reaction big time though. This is the real reason for the explosion of the second Death Star.

Seshmeister
03-23-2007, 01:26 PM
:confused:

I thought he used "The Force"........................???

More like "The Farce"

glensfallspaul
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree with his comments, but knowing how sensitive A&E are, he may already be out of favor again.

A&E? No, more like a Lifetime movie.

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Speed Of White
I think Ed's been getting "gakked" since the early years. There are pictures of him around when the first album came out and his eyes were like saucers.

Yo SOW, killer posts dogg! Welcome to the army hoss:D ... I thought FORD and I were the only washintonion =VH= fans up in this mug?:confused: ... lol

Speed Of White
03-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Thank you my friend. Good to know I have a few neighbors around here. It seems it can get pretty hostile sometimes. I only can hope you live in a better part of the state than the shithole town I live in. Take care.

chi-town324
03-25-2007, 10:54 AM
That's bullshit..

March 1980 there was no MTV. :mad: Rail is/was from Seattle i grew up there...not sure about the MTV deal though

Eyes of the Night
03-25-2007, 05:30 PM
In 80' I was 5 ... growing up 4 miles from seattle I've not heard of this band ... veddy interesting indeed ...

Yeah, they don't call bremerton "bummertown" for nothing SOW ...

kastco
03-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Now I heard that the way Eddie cured his cancer was by drinking some of Spammys Cabo gut rot and the cancer couldn't get out of his system fast enough. Just a rumor but it sounds possible.

vh rides again
03-26-2007, 12:12 AM

ive never heard of anyone cutting coke with meth, what would be the point?
it costs the same as coke and 99.9% cocaine connisours would be pissed off that their buzz would be ruined.

you shoot that shit up and you are in for a big suprise,and you cant cook it.
so whats your next excuse that eddie vanhalen is a meth head?

theres absolutely no evidence that hes on meth,he looks in good shape physically except for his teeth, which is no doubt from cancer.

kamaboko
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
That's bullshit..

March 1980 there was no MTV. :mad:

http://www.railonline.net/media/arrival/RAILXTRA/v-hello1.htm

Roy Munson
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
That explains a lot.:)

OMG...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROWBAR
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
While meth definitely fucks your teeth up, it also gives your skin a nasty ass look. Like you got hives. So Ed may have had fucked up teeth, but I attribute that to smoking 5 packs a day for 30 frickin' yrs. Plus the chemo he's had will change ya. Maybe when he was hiding out from the world, he had a shaved head??? Ya never know with that guy.

jharp84
03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Tried it in Cali - 1991 what a fuckin buzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! I left to come home after a six week stint w/my best friend! I just finished school, he got dumped by his fiance! I came home got it together(sort of) he got hooked! Not hard when you live under meth-heads!!! Anyway he finally escaped back home but never the same!!! VERY DANGEROUS!!! STAY AWAY GANG! As my coke dealer states" I would not fuck you up on that shit" AMEN!!!!

Eyes of the Night
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Meth that I smoked never fooked with my skin ... a lot of peeps who dun it and got the bad skin prob never read the 101 health manual to take care of your bod when up for weeks;) ...

Towards the end of my year n' a half stint it got to the point I was becoming skitso bigtime ... other that the hard trips like falling down the stairs and landing on my feet meth became a steroid of sorts ...

With that said now I wish I had a ball of it ...

kamaboko
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
heavy meth use can create holes in your brain. reason enough not to use that shit.

Eyes of the Night
03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Nah man, you're talking bout' extasy n' shit ...

CROWBAR
03-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Meth that I smoked never fooked with my skin ... a lot of peeps who dun it and got the bad skin prob never read the 101 health manual to take care of your bod when up for weeks;) ...

Towards the end of my year n' a half stint it got to the point I was becoming skitso bigtime ... other that the hard trips like falling down the stairs and landing on my feet meth became a steroid of sorts ...

With that said now I wish I had a ball of it ...

It doesn't matter how much vitamins etc. you take to offset the effects of crank dude, your ingesting poison. Crank can be made at least a couple of different ways using various chemicals. Haven't you heard of the term "made from everything under the kitchen sink" before? Do it long enough and yes, your gonna see a dramatic change with your skin. You ain't gonna look to good out in public. Smoking it greatly increases the chances of this too. You must have not smoked it too much if you didn't experience that. Glad to hear your off that rocket fuel dude. Stay away from it and smoke your weed instead. Why deal with chasing the dragon?

Ed may have dabbled with it yes, but it's no secret that blow was his drug of choice, not crank. You would have seen his skin change along with his teeth. It's the chemo/cigs that ate his teeth.

Eyes of the Night
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Uhh ... I was talkin' bout crystal meth which is 100 times cleaner than crank ... I agree with you fully about the crank effects ...

jharp84
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Thank God for my drugdealer! He cares about keeping me clean so the $$$ keeps rolling in!! RIGHT!!! I'M TALKIN BOUT BEING "ON FIRE"""

vh rides again
03-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Thank God for my drugdealer! He cares about keeping me clean so the $$$ keeps rolling in!! RIGHT!!! I'M TALKIN BOUT BEING "ON FIRE""" man, youre supposed to say you dont do it no more, now theres probably a swat team outside your house ready to serve a warrant. hope this doesnt kill your buzz.

CROWBAR
03-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Uhh ... I was talkin' bout crystal meth which is 100 times cleaner than crank ... I agree with you fully about the crank effects ...

Your dealer would like you to believe that, I'm sure eyes. Poison is poison, no matter what form. Meth's ingredients are not much different than crank's. Not here to pick a bone with ya, just showing you some facts is all. Check it out:

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/speedy_drugs/165183.html

Your gonna do what you want, I just think your argument doesn't hold much water.

and I'll still stand by my statement that Ed wasn't doing meth

jharp84
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
man, youre supposed to say you dont do it no more, now theres probably a swat team outside your house ready to serve a warrant. hope this doesnt kill your buzz.

I don't do it anymore have not done it since 1991! Only tried it a couple of times then for kicks! However the swat team is always watching my house! The "ON FIRE"comment was I believe the lyrics were based on meth if they used it at that time, if not then definitely coke!!

kamaboko
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Nah man, you're talking bout' extasy n' shit ...

here ya go. see for yourself. it destroys brain tissue.

http://www.bri.ucla.edu/bri_weekly/news_040803.asp

and if that's not enough, check this shit out.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/methbrainflash.html

Little Lamont
04-07-2007, 01:40 AM
All that shit is bad.

That being said, weed is sooooo good.
Why the fuck is it illegal?

chi-town324
04-07-2007, 03:09 PM
. It's the chemo/cigs that ate his teeth. [/B][/QUOTE] With Ed's money wouldnt ya get em fixed? hell,im a teamster and i get my checkups every 6 months