PDA

View Full Version : Roth was "never" snubbed from RnRHOF

kamaboko
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Rock Hall of Fame denies it snubbed Van Halen's Roth

The Hall's president and CEO says the singer was offered numerous chances to sing at the induction ceremony.

By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
March 10, 2007

David Lee Roth has been doing all the talking lately--big surprise there--but on Saturday the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame responded to Roth's public protests that he's been rudely snubbed.

The clock is ticking toward Monday night's induction of Van Halen into the Hall and, as of Saturday, Roth was standing by his pledge to skip the show, which will air live on VH1 Classics. The flamboyant rocker blames Hall officials who won't let him perform on the stage. But Joel Peresman, the Hall's president and CEO, said in a Saturday e-mail to The Times that Roth has told only part of the backstage story.

"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sorry that David Lee Roth will not attend this year's induction of Van Halen. We offered him opportunities to play and sing a Van Halen song of his choice with our House band, including his own guitar player or a song with Velvet Revolver and he refused those opportunities."

Peresman concluded the e-mail with a curt denial that the Hall is somehow the bad guy in all this: "We made every effort and the decision not to come was solely his, not ours."

So who's telling the truth? It looks like both sides could have been less rigid and, that in the end, they ran out of time and patience.

The Roth camp says that the only offer they had received before Friday was an invitation to perform "You Really Got Me" with Velvet Revolver. Roth balked in part because that song, off Van Halen's first album, was originally recorded by the Kinks and is not a "true" Van Halen song.

Roth wanted to do his trademark tune, "Jump," but that was a curveball for Velvet Revolver, apparently, with rehearsal time limitations. On Friday, according to sources close to the show, event producer Joel Gallen offered Roth a chance to do "Jump" with Paul Schaffer and some players of Roth's picking but, for Roth, that came too late, apparently, to allow travel and needed rehearsal time.

Hall officials, privately, were surprised and wondered if Roth really wanted to perform at all. They also said if he had traveled east to New York to work with the producers on site, everything would have worked out.

Roth, meanwhile, said he felt like the Hall was more concerned with Velvet Revolver's issues than the band getting inducted. He said he's been preparing since December for the Hall event and loathes the prospect of missing it. "It rips my heart out," he said Thursday.

The Van Halen induction is looking to be a fairly sad affair. Eddie Van Halen announced last week that he is entering rehab and he's not expected at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel ceremony in New York.

----

Again, Roth is a lying bitch. He learned well from Ed. Moreover, he picked the gay anthem "Jump" over "You Really Got Me". How long do you think it would take for Schaffer and Co. to learn "Jump". Uhhh...one take. They're fucking seasoned studio masters.

jero
03-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Fuck you!

DlocRoth
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by jero
Fuck you!

:lol:

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2007, 11:46 AM
That's bullshit!

Now the Hall is back-peddling.

Just on Friday, Hall president said that they just tried to have any incarnation of Van Halen to perform -- when they realized that wasn't going to happen, they tapped Velvet Revolver to play on VH's behalf.

They made no mention of offering Dave other alternatives to performing.

The Hall is fucking lying because of the negative press they immediately received over the news on how Dave wasn't allowed to perform.

Which is true.

But now they are saying all of this bull-crap??

LoungeMachine
03-11-2007, 11:48 AM
meh.

who really cares at this point?

It's VH

We knew it would crash before takeoff.

:gulp:

As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

bantonelli
03-11-2007, 11:49 AM
It's all a big mystery to me, but I'll give ROTH the benefit of the doubt on this.

I think the Television Producer was probably not flexible in letting the artist(honoree) handle things or it could be that Dave wanted all the air time that the producer felt SPAMtard should share ?

It's another letdown for us. It rips my heart out that Dave doesn't go up and accept the award on behalf of CVH.

LoungeMachine
03-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli

Lounge was right all along.....

He called it.

;)

indeedido
03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Another loud AWESOME. More bullshit for the fans to weed through.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by kamaboko
Again, Roth is a lying bitch. He learned well from Ed. Moreover, he picked the gay anthem "Jump" over "You Really Got Me". How long do you think it would take for Schaffer and Co. to learn "Jump". Uhhh...one take. They're fucking seasoned studio masters.

You're willing to take the Hole's word for it......

Buaha...

You've been punk'd twice.

Diamondjimi
03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
----

Again, Roth is a lying bitch.

Whatever!:rolleyes:

It called "damage control" by the RRHOF.

Numbnuts!

Diamondjimi
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Whatever!:rolleyes:

It called "damage control" by the RRHOF.

Numbnuts!

Someone gets it.

Have some of these star thingys....:cool:

FORD
03-11-2007, 03:46 PM
There's only one lying bitch in this thread, and his name ain't Roth.

Redballjets88
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
im pretty sure either they are in fact back pedalling, or dave is just being a bitch

Little Lamont
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
[B]Rock Hall of Fame denies it snubbed Van Halen's Roth

They also said if he had traveled east to New York to work with the producers on site, everything would have worked out.

I thought Dave lived in NY! Somebody lying and you shitfaced if you think it's Dave.

Ice Cream Girl
03-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Dave has a home in Pasadena, also.

He was staying out there while hanging with Ed at 5150, you know, the one rehearsal?

But yes, he could fly back to his apartment in NYC or stay at a hotel even if he no longer lives there.

I think he just wanted to do things his way, and I don't blame him.

They said "no," and he basically told them to fuck off.

Panamark
03-11-2007, 04:22 PM
What made them think Roth would have ever agreed to perform
a Kinks song ??

WACF
03-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Like Lounge said...the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The Hall Of Fame is a joke anyways...we won't get a VH performance - it's what we were hoping for anyways - so who cares what goes on there monday.

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
fuck...you invite one of the biggest rock acts in the history and tell them what to do or to play...???

as dave said...it's his 3:22 minutes and to quote the man "how dare you to tell me what to play..."

DLRdelight!
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
i guess we all knew the induction would turn out this way didnt we?

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 04:57 PM
It always does.

Anyone remember the circumstances surrounding the CCR non-performance?

Binky
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh for goodness sake it's like Guns and Roses but without the KFC bucket! Not dissing Roth or anything but really, I'm just bloody sick of this whole debacle (duuuuuuh who isn't?). Music is entertaining the peoples not making politics over whatever, but sadly there's some who ruins it for all and decide being complicated makes it alllllll good. To be fair Dave is right, I mean he knows what Van Halen does best, I mean Jump or a cover song? Yeah I love the Kinks man but it's not Van Halen, and because RnRHoF is mainstream to the public or something like that they need to play at least what people know. I suppose Jump is more well known than Ain't Talking 'bout Love, which would be cool. Shit, sorry if I seem uptight. I'm at the point where I'm like, all news is the same and I couldn't give a shit until Dave turns round and tells us all he farted in Ed's face resulting in immediate death and carried on the whole tour with Steve Vai, Animal, some bunnies and a small can of peas called Percy.

WTF?

I wish I was drunk. *^_^* \m/

bru87tr
03-11-2007, 05:07 PM
IMO I would rather hear the Kinks song than "Jump". seriously, I love all VH but "Jump" is a song I dont need to hear at the HOF. "You Really Got Me" would be a better fit. but..... why limit what song Dave can sing ? arent all these guys professional ? they need practice for a certain song. rip it out a few times that day and your ready that night. pros? beginning to wonder.

I think "Runnin' With the Devil" should be the song thats sung and MA should be singing back-up and playing bass. if that would be a problem with ed than dave needs to tell him to fuck off. its a HOF ceremony for crying out loud.

seriously, do we want to hear Jump ? I dont. with so many other classic songs why represent CVH with Jump ? because it was a big hit with the mass ? please!

I think the HOF is full of shit. dave is willing to do most anything so they really must have backed him into a corner for him to miss this. the HOF is lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Pound afew pints and get pissed, pinky.

The Hole is about music sales, not music makers.

No one is really sure what the criteria for the Hole is, since it's all over the place genre wise. Nothing to do with rock at all.

Your homeboy John Lydon knows this.

Diamondjimi
03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
It always does.

Oh fuck ,was that a debacle !? :rolleyes:

The surviving members signed a deal with the devil (Saul Zantz) essentially screwing Fogerty.

Can't blame Fogerty. He wrote every goddamn note ,and beat for that matter. Those fuckers would've NEVER seen a stage other than their local bar if it were'nt for John Fogerty.
Fuck them......

Binky
03-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Lol, it's better than Swinky! I wish I could, but no money, man.

To be fair, Jump is a cute song to play at Cheese nights at the local uni club or student night, and TBF that's it. Panama might've been good, but yeah Running with the Devil now I like that one.

But, I'd so fucking laugh if I heard Dave came in suddenly and started to sing, or threw a sheep on Sammy Hagar and killed him and took the award from him! Or Eddie came in swaddled in pimp gear and fell off the stage with all the bling, girls and alcohol! Or something.

Oh yes wait, I have a hipflask full of whiskey! *^_^* \m/

The surviving members signed a deal with the devil (Saul Zantz) essentially screwing Fogerty.

Can't blame Fogerty. He wrote every goddamn note ,and beat for that matter. Those fuckers would've NEVER seen a stage other than their local bar if it were'nt for John Fogerty.
Fuck them......
I'm sorry, who? I'll probably know when I see, I'm no good with acronyms.

Diamondjimi
03-11-2007, 05:19 PM

The Hole is about music sales, not music makers.

No one is really sure what the criteria for the Hole is, since it's all over the place genre wise. Nothing to do with rock at all.

Your homeboy John Lydon knows this.

Johnny Rotten tells 'em where they can stick it......

http://www.spin.com/features/news/images/2006/02/060224_pistols.jpg

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
IMO I would rather hear the Kinks song than "Jump". seriously, I love all VH but "Jump" is a song I dont need to hear at the HOF. "You Really Got Me" would be a better fit. but..... why limit what song Dave can sing ? arent all these guys professional ? they need practice for a certain song. rip it out a few times that day and your ready that night. pros? beginning to wonder.

Pros. As in playing music to pay the rent.

Not as in able to play CVH at the drop of a hat.;)

HoF:" 2 choices Dave- since your band isn't playing, you can do YRGM with VR, or "Jump" with the Late Night with David Letterman house band."

Dave: "If that's the best you can do, go fuck yourselves, and induct 2 former members. VH was more than that."

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Binky
Lol, it's better than Swinky!

That was an honest fuck up, mate.:D

Nickdfresh
03-11-2007, 05:29 PM
The Hall spokes'people' are full of shit.

There's no way Roth wanted "Jump."

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I would not bet money on that... :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM

Fuck them......

Yet they couldn't put their differences aside for one song.....

Well, at least John couldn't..............

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 05:38 PM

"What's done in the dark will eventually come to light...."

Anyone else catching on yet?:D

bantonelli
03-11-2007, 06:11 PM
It always does.

Same shit as when Blondie accepted her HOF award and she didn't let a few of the original members (who were part of her honored entourage play on stage - as she told them on national TV she already has a band...

The TV producer is making sure he's in charge, despite the honoree's requests.

:confused:

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
The TV producer is making sure he's in charge, despite the honoree's requests.

:confused:

VH1 classic...

MTV networks..

CBS Radio..

K-Rock...

Viacom.

Les Moonves.

Getting it?

bantonelli
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I have to say I am pissed off that DAVE will not be in attendance to accept the award on behalf of CVH. It's his night to shine, certainly NOT SPAMs, yet that Fcuktard SPAM will be the one to collect the award with a big ass grin (as if to say, it may have been Dave who helped lay the foundation, but it was SPAM who brought VH to a brand new level and style of Rock that accelerated their popularity.)

Dammit, Dave, Get your ass up there and accept that award on behalf of YOUR Band and CVH Fans. You are the Frontbumper and YOU and ONLY YOU should represent yourself and the Van Halens on that Stage!!!

FCUK SPAM & the CHICKENFOOT Ensemble :(

stringfelowhawk
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't care which side is the truth but if the HOF gave him a choice to perform with VR or the house band then he was right to tell them to fuck off. Why agree to sing a damn cover song with another band or "Jump" with again, another band. They're not being inducted because of either. If there were any song that should have been performed by Dave with or without VH it should have been an original off the first album because that is why they belong there and "RWTD" is the perfect choice for either situation. Who the fuck are they to give him that kind of ultimatum? Why should Dave bother when they've made accomodations for practically every other artist ever inducted based on their situation but now all of a sudden say, "NO"! It's not even about which (if either) version should perform as stated earlier in the week because Hagar shouldn't be there nor does he deserve the honor of attending yet they've gone out of their way to make sure he wasn't left out of this suppesed "honor" which is complete bullshit because he hasn't earned it.
If they are gonna induct Van fucking Hagar then Poison shouldn't be to far behind. We all know the VH selection is because of the first six albums which Sam Hagar was not a part of and even if his version had never played a single note the original band would STILL HAVE BEEN INDUCTED so the hof can fuck off.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
For 25 G's a table, Dave should get his money's worth.

A show-n-go is not his MO....

By not going, he is reaffirming what at least some of us already know.

bantonelli
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
VH1 classic...

MTV networks..

CBS Radio..

K-Rock...

Viacom.

Les Moonves.

Getting it?

Ahhhhh...this makes sense. They already had it out for Dave from the beginning, if these are all subsidiaries of CBS, Inc., and under the Les Moonves umbrella.

Despite what anyone says, I have read Dave's book, listened daily to his Radio gig and everything I have heard him say has always been truth. He's a no bullshit kinda guy. I respect the hell out of him and I believe that his reasons are valid for him being disheartened at the scope of these Ceremonies and the TV spot. Nevertheless, I want him on that Stage and would love him to grab all 3 min. 22 seconds + his appreciation speech runs over time, so that SPAM is silenced.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I feel ya, but....
For 25 G's a table, Dave should get his money's worth.

A show-n-go is not his MO....

By not going, he is reaffirming what at least some of us already know.

finallyin2007
03-11-2007, 07:03 PM
It's all a big mystery to me, but I'll give ROTH the benefit of the doubt on this.

I think the Television Producer was probably not flexible in letting the artist(honoree) handle things or it could be that Dave wanted all the air time that the producer felt SPAMtard should share ?

It's another letdown for us. It rips my heart out that Dave doesn't go up and accept the award on behalf of CVH.

Originally posted by jeroi Fuck you!

i second that

PlexiBrown
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Ed, Dave, Al, Mike and Spammy are all full of shit.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Ed, Dave, Al, Mike and Spammy are all full of shit.

Yet the hall has so much "street cred"?....

Whatever....

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.spin.com/features/news/images/2006/02/060224_pistols.jpg

Pretty much how I feel about any Hole Infuction ceremony.........

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
EVH @ NAMM, 2007-

..."You know,....funny thing is,.....thumbtimes I forget to use a pick..."

*sticks hot jack in his mouth and ass*

Nahhh...

You guys are right...

He should have went to the HoF induction..........

No rehab needed.....

General Hina
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
It always does.

Yes I do...

John Fogerty refused to play with the drummer and bass player because they had been touring as CCRevisited. He instead chose to play with Springsteen and a bunch of other heavy weights. Fogerty has quite a story. He signed a bad deal, doesn't own the CCR songs he wrote and was sued for plagerizing himself and lost to Saul Zanz the guy who owns the CCR songs. He was sued for the song "Old Man Down The Road' which sounds alot like "Run Through The Jungle" Fogerty hates everyone but nhas reason to. That's all I know and excuse the typos and spelling.

Later,
General Hina

PlexiBrown
03-11-2007, 07:45 PM
The HOF is full of shit too. So much shit, so little time.

NathanRay
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Pros. As in playing music to pay the rent.

Not as in able to play CVH at the drop of a hat.;)

HoF:" 2 choices Dave- since your band isn't playing, you can do YRGM with VR, or "Jump" with the Late Night with David Letterman house band."

Dave: "If that's the best you can do, go fuck yourselves, and induct 2 former members. VH was more than that."

Exactly Fuck that honor. VR could only pull off YRGM. He'd Have to sing along side of pokey...Because It'd have to be VR with DLR I mean these Whores Got a new album that Hits Stores...Remember was it Frontline on PBS that Featured VR around when contraband came out and How this "supergroup" was rock industry's Junkie Savior???? Or Fine you could look really Cool with the Diamond David letterman Band. These Fuckers aren't HOnOring Shit.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by NathanRay
the Diamond David letterman Band

Look for their infuction in 2013.....

katie
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know who to believe

Roth is in VH now so why would he dilute the VH brand by going on stage with a house band or VR?

ED - Couldn't he have delayed rehab for a week?
I mean he's been in and out over the past 15 years so a fucking week ain't gonna make a much of a difference.

Maybe the sisters don't want to pay those stupid prices for tables etc.

Something is not right about this

.....................meanwhile back at the ranch Spam & Bassplayer are rubbing their hands with glee.

At this point i'm sick of the lot of em.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM

Sure there is. What song has Roth performed at EVERY single soolo show he's done in his career? Ta-fuckin'-da.

As for this whole debacle, what songs did Roth perfrom at the Boston 4th of July thing a few years back? Cali Girls - a cover, mind you - and Jump. Seems weird that suddenly he'd have a problem with YRGM. It's The HOF, and nothing would display the RnR lineage like performing a standard rock tune that VH themselves reinvented.

PlexiBrown
03-11-2007, 08:54 PM

Yeah, it would be great to have Ed at the HOF so everybody could watch him implode. :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by katie
I don't know who to believe

Roth is in VH now so why would he dilute the VH brand by going on stage with a house band or VR?

I mean he's been in and out over the past 15 years so a fucking week ain't gonna make a much of a difference.

Maybe the sisters don't want to pay those stupid prices for tables etc.

Something is not right about this

.....................meanwhile back at the ranch Spam & Bassplayer are rubbing their hands with glee.

At this point i'm sick of the lot of em.

Dave isn't in VH right now, HE IS VH right now.....

For some Poindexter to give him a 2 song ultimatum is pure BULLSHIT.
As for why Alex couldn't show with Dave... dunno. That's a good one.
Still no performance with or without Ed.
If he went, we would be badmouthing him for not playing.
If he played, we'd be badmouthing him for plugging the cordless into his ass..
He needs to get right ASAP.
This thing means nothing compared to what could happen later..
The old, "Why run down and fuck one, when we can walk down and fuck 'em all" story comes to mind.
(I'm sure LM is gonna jump all over this..)
Who cares if the Two Queers rub each other raw? Fuck 'em- after tuesday, they go back to being the cheap Mexican knock-off nobody cares about anyway...
The Hole Of Lame means less than nothing....

katie
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Yeah, it would be great to have Ed at the HOF so everybody could watch him implode. :rolleyes:

Unlikely as it would have been just one song.

No big deal.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

As for this whole debacle, what songs did Roth perfrom at the Boston 4th of July thing a few years back? Cali Girls - a cover, mind you - and Jump. Seems weird that suddenly he'd have a problem with YRGM. It's The HOF, and nothing would display the RnR lineage like performing a standard rock tune that VH themselves reinvented.

"Jump"- Although a crowd and family-freindly favorite, not Dave's. Hardly the song to represent the VH legacy, either.

And why the fuck let someone else pick YOUR music for you for your own induction?! The Kinks already did it.
Shouldn't be up to a suit. period.

hideyoursheep
03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by katie

Would it have even been a "song"?

PlexiBrown
03-11-2007, 09:52 PM

:rolleyes:

mickeba
03-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Jump is extremely cringe-worthy! Hate Jump, Mickeba does! Cradle, Beautiful Girls, Ain't talking bout love, Panama, anything but Jump! It's sad DLR won't be there, but this was doomed from the start.

mickeba

kamaboko
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Dave has no excuses. He lost his Get Out Of Jail card with this rendition of Jump. Christ, how can he do this hill billy version of Jump, yet say he doesn't have the time to rehearse with Schaffer? Schaffer and Co. would knock this song out in one take.

And tell me he doesn't look gay. What a joke. Message for Dave: Dude you're losing it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dan
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Dave has no excuses. He lost his Get Out Of Jail card with this rendition of Jump. Christ, how can he do this hill billy version of Jump, yet say he doesn't have the time to rehearse with Schaffer? Schaffer and Co. would knock this song out in one take.

And tell me he doesn't look gay. What a joke. Message for Dave: Dude you're losing it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You are a Joke.

Back To the Sheep Pen.

DLRdelight!
03-12-2007, 12:57 AM
wouldnt it be great if this was all a hoax!!! that when the band is introduced to play it is actually van halen!!! but this probably wont happen. man i dream to much

BALLYJUNKIE
03-12-2007, 01:14 AM
THE SADDEST THING IS ,WHEN I WASA KID VAN HALEN TO ME MEANT "GOOD TIMES " PARTY " ROCK-N-ROLL ...... MOST OF THIER SONGS WERE UPBEAT AND MADE YOU FEEL GOOD ...... THE LAST 20 YEARS OF THIS CRAP HAS DONE JUST THE OPPOSITE ..... HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE TAKE ? ........WHAT YOU REALLY WILL SEE IS VAN HALEN KARAOKE..... AND THATS SAD ....... MEANWHILE BACK AT THE REHAB CENTER WE HAVE EDWARD VAN HALEN TRYING TO DRY OUT ...... YEAH ,GOOD LUCK !!

Mike Sobolewski
03-12-2007, 01:24 AM
HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE TAKE ?

You can't be serious! Move on dude. 1984 was a very long time ago!

FORD
03-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Same shit as when Blondie accepted her HOF award and she didn't let a few of the original members (who were part of her honored entourage play on stage - as she told them on national TV she already has a band...

The CCR thing wasn't the "same shit" at all. Those guys were willing participants in helping Saul Zaentz fuck John Fogerty up the ass without lube and steal his songs. I can't blame Fogerty at all for snubbing those two.

The ex-Blondie members situation is more comparable to that of Bass Player. Blondie wasn't doing anything (Chris Stein was dealing with some bizzare illness at the time) so the other band members moved on to other projects such as "Chequered Past" which also included Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols.

Diamondjimi
03-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Someone gets it.

Have some of these star thingys....:cool:

Thanx .

Where R they?:D

bantonelli
03-12-2007, 02:28 AM

So you don't dig bluegrass....do we care? NOT.

GreenBayLA
03-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Why do I torture myself by logging onto this site every day? It just keeps getting worse!
WTF? Fuck the Hall of Shame and their LAME ass attitude and boring TV show. Rock'n'Roll as I knew it is DEAD!

Binky
03-12-2007, 07:24 AM
So, call me stupid, but as someone who's never given a shit about the HOR, what do they get out of it apart from media attention for a wee while and having your face placed on a wall? It seems like a whole load of dingo's kidneys for nothing. *^_^* \m/

lafours
03-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Dave should just give in and show some class at this point.. He's in his 50's and needs to just mellow out for about 1 hour and get on with it... sure it's lame and it's a sham, but in the end Dave and the brothers VH are going to look like bigger babys, and unreliable luaghing stocks..At this point are any promoters going to get behind anyone in this organization besides the other gayer half?

Dave could show up with class and maybe even get interest up in his solo career...If Dave want's the public's adoration ( and you know he does) he'll show up...

if the bros. VH can't get it toghether just use the ceremony to peak interest in a solo tour and a new record deal...

if not look for VH to get heavily ripped on on lame shows like the soup, best week ever and all that other crap...

hideyoursheep
03-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanx .

I couldn't get there yesterday....

I'll try again...:D

hideyoursheep
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanx .

I still have trouble clicking on your profile...

white screen and a error w/database message.

I won't forget. :cool:

Diamondjimi
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I still have trouble clicking on your profile...

white screen and a error w/database message.

I won't forget. :cool:

:boobs:

:guzzle:

DavidLeeNatra
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
ed goes into rehab now, because he is a fucking pussy and doesn't want to be confronted with TAFKAB and cabo whopper...that's all...

hideyoursheep
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanx .

Done. :tits:

Diamondjimi
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
:boobs:

:guzzle:

Giddy up !

;)

jero
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
ed goes into rehab now, because he is a fucking pussy and doesn't want to be confronted with TAFKAB and cabo whopper...that's all...

Lee Natra

Pussy's don't go in rehab! They'll go on a cruise!

:D

bru87tr
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Fogerty won that suit, didnt he ?

DavidLeeNatra
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Lee Natra

Pussy's don't go in rehab! They'll go on a cruise!

:D

:lol: you bastard... :lol:

jero
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
:lol: you bastard... :lol:

Just kidding bro!
have fun! And say hello to Golden Awe....

DavidLeeNatra
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Just kidding bro!
have fun! And say hello to Golden Awe....

fucker is from funland...helsinki is hell...we don't get that far ;)

Vinnie Velvet
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by lafours
Dave could show up with class and maybe even get interest up in his solo career...If Dave want's the public's adoration ( and you know he does) he'll show up...

The thing is Dave isn't interested in his solo career anymore.

He wants Van Halen to come back and do it FULL TIME.

Unfortunately, until Eddie is ready, there won't be a Van Halen anytime soon.

jero
03-12-2007, 05:01 PM
fucker is from funland...helsinki is hell...we don't get that far ;)

Well you and your band stay off the wheel then, otherwise you may see pinguins. If so, Golden Awe is just around the corner....