PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton Moving Corp. HQ to Dubai

LoungeMachine
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/03/11/business/ibrief.php

DUBAI: Halliburton moving headquarters to Dubai

Halliburton, the oil services company, said Sunday that it would soon move its corporate headquarters here from Houston, according to the chief executive, David Lesar.

Lesar said that he would relocate to Dubai from Texas to oversee Halliburton's intensified focus on business in the Mideast and energy- hungry Asia, home to some of the world's top oil and gas markets.

Lesar's announcement appears to signal one of the highest-profile moves by a U.S. corporate leader to Dubai, an Arab boomtown where free-market capitalism has been paired with some of the world's most liberal tax, investment and residency laws. $@

Copyright © 2007 the International Herald Tribune All rights reserved

TALK ABOUT CUT N RUN.

MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE PROFITS AND TAXES TO DUBAI.

How Van Halenish is THIS thank you from the biggest benefactor of American War Dollars.

:mad:

Nickdfresh
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Fine, no more gov't contracts then.

The traitor cunts...

Hardrock69
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Haliburton is an ok company.

They can do no wrong.

Warham knows....he saw a website on campaign ad analysis that said so.

DLR'sCock
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Seriously, there needs to be some serious investigations that bring proof to allegations of so-called "intentions" of those in the Bush Admin., Right Wing Repukes, and various Corporate entities that would gain by creating an environment of financial gain via smoke and mirrors and lying and decpetion.

It will never happen. I wonder how much the US loses from this? How much does Texas and Houston lose from this?

Lqskdiver
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Doesn't Haliburton do most of it's business overseas anyways? Why is this a threat to our ecomony? I thought most liberals hated Haliburton. Now that it is officially leaving this country, there is a cry and an uproar. Why?

FORD
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Doesn't Haliburton do most of it's business overseas anyways? Why is this a threat to our ecomony? I thought most liberals hated Haliburton. Now that it is officially leaving this country, there is a cry and an uproar. Why?

Well, the most obvious reason is that the corporation which has profited the most from the illegal, immoral, and insane invasion and occupation of Iraq will now be able to dodge taxes easier than ever. While still contributing to Dick Cheney's retirement fund.

Nickdfresh
03-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I mean after defrauding the gov't and shitting on our troops, repeatedly, the least they can do is pay the fucking taxes they owe!

Nitro Express
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Dubai knows it is going to run out of oil in another 25 years so they are trying to become another Monnaco where the rich come to live and invest because of liberal tax laws and confidential banking practices.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the neocons like Dick Chenney retire there.

The reality is Asia will become the biggest oil market on the planet and not the US. So why not break loose from the confining US tax and regulative system and relocate between where the product is and where the customers are? From a business standpoint it makes sense.

Texas is no longer the oil powerhouse and the US is no longer the biggest oil customer for long. Plus, the US is an over-regulated, in debt to it's ears, over taxing dionosaur. Haliburton is cutting loose like it or not.

All I can say, is it's time to buy more Haliburton shares.

Hardrock69
03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
They are back pedaling a bit in the press....I heard on CNN awhile ago something like they are now saying they are still going to be based in Houston, but will just be moving the HQ and the CEO etc. to Dubai.

What the fuck kind of statement was that?
:rolleyes:

FORD
03-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
They are back pedaling a bit in the press....I heard on CNN awhile ago something like they are now saying they are still going to be based in Houston, but will just be moving the HQ and the CEO etc. to Dubai.

What the fuck kind of statement was that?
:rolleyes:

That's a statement that confirms what I said earlier. It's all about dodging taxes.

Just like so many allegedly "US corporations" now have a "corporate office" that turns out to be a PO Box in the Cayman Islands.

Nitro Express
03-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Exactly! The US can only print so much money to pay for the Iraq fiasco. They are going to have to get revenue from somewhere and business is where they will hit with taxes. Haliburton wants to make money on tax funded projects but skip out when it comes to paying their share of the taxes.

Lqskdiver
03-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by FORD
That's a statement that confirms what I said earlier. It's all about dodging taxes.

Just like so many allegedly "US corporations" now have a "corporate office" that turns out to be a PO Box in the Cayman Islands.

No, FORD, they are still a US entity based offshore. They will still pay taxes.