PDA

View Full Version : Grand Master Flash handed VH it's ass at RHOF

Hummarstra
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Admit it. Mike Anthony singing out of key on "Why Can't This Be Love" was an abomination so many reasons. Grand Master Flash was 100, no a 1000 times better than the entire VH induction distaster. What a mess.:(

Warham
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Yes, and the only thing stopping any members from coming was the fact that they were dead.

Gee, maybe the boys could learn something.

FORD
03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
REM is about to play.

All 4 of them.

How fucking HARD is that????

Hardrock69
03-13-2007, 12:27 AM
The original GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five.

The one dude during his speech said "I'm 45! And I have never been shot! Don't got no criminal record!"

They have a couple of songs I actually like....White Lines is a grate fucking song. I heard it on WLS outta Chicago in the mid-70s over my AM Car radio....

Though I will always say they need to be in some kind of Rap Hall Of Fame.

They are NOT rockers by any stretch of the imagination.

I am not saying they are bad (they totally kicked fucking ass tonight), but they are not rockers.
Period.

GreenBayLA
03-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Agreed, it's not Rock n Rap HoF. But they showed how to do it an induction ceremony.

FORD
03-13-2007, 01:34 AM
The reason there's no Rap Hall of Fame, is that they would go too many years without inductees.

I mean seriously, how many rap groups are truly worthy of any recognition??

Grandmaster Flash? Definitely.

Run-DMC.

Beastie Boys.

Public Enemy.

NWA

Ice T

Did I leave anyone out?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Snoop! Dre?

BALLYJUNKIE
03-13-2007, 02:50 AM
RAP FUCKING SUCKS ,YOU SHOULD GET KICKED OFF THIS BOARD FOR EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH A THING ....... RAP FUCKING SUCKS .... THESE FAGS CANT PLAY .CANT SING AND SAMPLE OVER EVERYONES MUSIC ...... TAKE THE RAP CRAP AND SHOE IT UP YOUR ASS ..... RAPERS ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING POSERS ..............YEAH POSIN AS POETS !!!

BALLYJUNKIE
03-13-2007, 02:57 AM
THE 1ST RAP CRAP SONG WAS "RAPPERS DELIGHT " WICH WAS A SAMPLE OF "GOOD TIMES " BY CHIC ...... AND THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPING EVERYONE OFF SINCE ...... HEY WHOS THE BEST GUITAR PLAYER IN RAP ? NO ONE CAUSE THOSE FUCKING WIGGER POSERS CANT PLAY ,THATS WHY THEY SAMPLE (RIP OFF )OTHER ARTIST OR ITS A DRUM MACHINE ...... FUCKIN POSERS !!!

twonabomber
03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The reason there's no Rap Hall of Fame, is that they would go too many years without inductees.

Chuck D says rappers have no sense of history and that there will probably never be a rap HOF.

binnie
03-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Van Halen wasn't there last night...

FORD
03-13-2007, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Snoop! Dre?

If Sammy can be inducted for Van Hagar, Snoop can probably get in as a member of NWA.

He did a couple of the later singles with 'em.

And Dre, of course would already be there.

FORD
03-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
Chuck D says rappers have no sense of history and that there will probably never be a rap HOF.

Which is pretty much what Melle Mel was getting at tonight in his acceptance speech. Rappers embracing their history and getting back to the old school.

lafours
03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
rememeber when the Police weren't even close to being a band and still made time to rehearse , show up , and perform in honor of there legacy... thats how most repectful adults can operate...

thanks for blowing it yet again vh!!!

ULTRAMAN VH
03-13-2007, 10:44 AM
The RHOF is a f**king joke. I can't believe a Rap group was inducted. Rap is the Pro Wrestling of Music. It is fake. These clowns can't sing or even play their own instruments. They steal and sample from real musicians. This is just another nail in the coffin for Rock and Roll. Years from now there will be a huge void in classic rock. I can't see radio stations playing classic Rap. There is very little, if any substance in Rap songs. And I even use the word songs lightly.

BITEYOASS
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Run-DMC.

Beastie Boys.

Public Enemy.

NWA

Ice T

Did I leave anyone out?

Body Count, the most bad-ass black metal group of all time. They managed to piss off the entire Bush Sr. administration and Charlton Heston.

fe_lung
03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
The RHOF is a f**king joke. I can't believe a Rap group was inducted. Rap is the Pro Wrestling of Music. It is fake. These clowns can't sing or even play their own instruments. They steal and sample from real musicians. This is just another nail in the coffin for Rock and Roll. Years from now there will be a huge void in classic rock. I can't see radio stations playing classic Rap. There is very little, if any substance in Rap songs. And I even use the word songs lightly.

In many cases you're right, but not always. Sure, there are the STDiddys out there who just wipe the vocal track off of a record and record their shit over it, and that sucks. But there are some guys, like the ones who did the Public Enemy records, for example, who really are amazingly creative at what they do. They have an encyclopedice knowledge of music. They find strange and interesting fragments from all these different sources, then they deconstruct them, twist them, and manipulate them into something you've never heard before. To me, that's prety fucking creative.

Also, remember that rap encompasses a huge genre, just as rock does. There is rap of substance, just as there is rock of substance. But in both cases, it's a small piece of the pie. For every Baby Got Back in the hip-hop world we have a Cherry Pie in the rock world.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Your points are taken, but sorry, Rap is crap. Okay Public Enemy is creative, so what. I have a three year old nephew that is creative. Real musicians who actually play music, write music and can actually sing are out of work, because these wanna be gangstas who don't know an F minor from a C sharp are shoving their shit down young peoples throats who really have little common sense. You can't compare P Diddy to The Eagles or 50 cent to Prince. The latter are musicians, not thugs who write fancy rhymes.

BALLYJUNKIE
03-13-2007, 02:10 PM
HIP -HOP RAP CRAP WAS AND IS ALL BASED ON IMAGE ,THATS WHAT THIER SELLING .AND MOST SUBURBAN WHITE KIDS .FELL FOR IT ..... WHEN YOU HAVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND BASKETBALL PLAYERS COMING OUT WITH THIER OWN RAP ALBUMS ,THAT SHOWS YOU WHAT A JOKE THE WHOLE THING IS ......WORSE THAN DISCO .......

FORD
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by lafours
rememeber when the Police weren't even close to being a band and still made time to rehearse , show up , and perform in honor of there legacy... thats how most repectful adults can operate...

thanks for blowing it yet again vh!!!

The Police have actually gotten together about once every 5 years or so since their initial breakup, though some of them were private events like weddings or something like that. And besides, there's only three of them, and Henri Padovani isn't going to show up and demand equal billing with Andy Summers.

(Though ironically enough, the current Police reunion was actually preceded by Sting and Stewart playing on a Padovani solo album.)

Diamondjimi
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
HIP -HOP RAP CRAP WAS AND IS ALL BASED ON IMAGE ,THATS WHAT THIER SELLING .AND MOST SUBURBAN WHITE KIDS .FELL FOR IT ..... WHEN YOU HAVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND BASKETBALL PLAYERS COMING OUT WITH THIER OWN RAP ALBUMS ,THAT SHOWS YOU WHAT A JOKE THE WHOLE THING IS ......WORSE THAN DISCO .......

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE . RAP IS CRAP AND HAS NO PLACE IN THE RRHOF. DUDE IS YOUR FUCKIN CAPS LOCK STUCK TOO???

FORD
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
You can't compare P Diddy to The Eagles or 50 cent to Prince.

No, but you also can't compare P Diddy to Chuck D or Ice Cube.

P Diddy is basically a poser. Here's a man who literally made millions off of the murder of his so called "best friend", which he was partially responsible for by fueling some dumbassed "east coast - west coast feud". He's ripped off Led Zeppelin and The Police and managed to con Sting and Jimmy Page into helping him.

I don't respect that fucker at all.

As far as 50 cent...... just the same old recycled rap cliches there. You can compare him to Poison or Slaughter or any other hair band around 1990, as far as originality or relevance.

BALLYJUNKIE
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
MY MOTTO IS " SAY IT LOUD " SAY IT PROUD".........LONG LIVE ROCK-N-ROLL !!!!!!!

BALLYJUNKIE
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
TO PUT THIS WHOLE THING IN PERSPECTIVE ,CAN YOU IMAGINE VAN HALEN ,"IN THIER PRIME SAMPLING OVER "YOU REALLY GOT ME ".AND JUST DAVE SINGING OVER THE ORIGINAL TRACK ...... WELL OVER 50 PERCENT OF RAP/HIP-HOP ,HAS SAMPLED OVER STEVIE WONDER OR SOME OTHER ARTIST .......I DONT LISTEN TO THAT CRAP ,BUT THEY PLAY IT AT THE GYM I GO TO .AND THE VAST MAJORITY OF HIP-HOP SONGS ARE SAMPLE OR ITS A DRUM MACHINE PLAYING THE SAME REPETITIVE BEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN ......A JOKE .AT LEAST GET A REAL BAND TOGETHER YOU FUCKIN POSERS ...... AS MUCH AS I HATED POISON ,AT LEAST THEY COULD PLAY A LITTLE .......

Ice Cream Girl
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Run-DMC.

Beastie Boys.

Public Enemy.

NWA

Ice T

Did I leave anyone out?

Tupac.

BALLYJUNKIE
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I KNEW MY LAST STATEMENT WOULD STOP EVERYONE IN THIER TRACKS

Amity75
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I'd rather listen to my gran fart than listen to hip-hop.

BALLYJUNKIE
03-18-2007, 06:07 PM
oh wait it minute ,i forget they can play ...... the spin records backwards...............what a joke !!! fuckin posers !!!!

PumpedUpMidget
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Can anyone even name a grandmaster flash song? What a fucking joke...rap music is a fucking joke

FORD
03-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Can anyone even name a grandmaster flash song?

White Lines, muthafucka.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3skS2pZ1ktc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3skS2pZ1ktc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BALLYJUNKIE
03-19-2007, 02:40 AM
WHO CARES ,THE FACT THAT THE ROCK-N- ROLL HALL OF FAME PUT RAP POSERS IN THE HALL AND NOT RUSH OR KISS ,SHOWS THERE A JOKE .

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 06:43 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vp-is6S_b_g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vp-is6S_b_g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Rap is crap!

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 06:46 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hS-Ep5b4Tkg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hS-Ep5b4Tkg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Rap is crap!

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 06:48 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUpha-7jAYg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUpha-7jAYg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Rap is crap!

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 06:49 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8qUnW22ehio"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8qUnW22ehio" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This crap would clog a toilet!

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 06:50 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQzwuw8E2d4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQzwuw8E2d4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Somebody shoot them all!

FORD
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Rap is crap!

The shit you posted certainly is.

DrMaddVibe
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
If its rap..its crap.

Deal with it!

FORD
03-19-2007, 08:56 PM
C'mon AssVibe. I thought you appreciated a funky bass line. You gonna tell me "White Lines" doesn't have one?

jharp84
03-19-2007, 09:13 PM
There are many rap hall of fames! Just check your local county MUDDAFUCKIN JAIL!!! BBBBAAAAAAAAAABBBBBYYYYYYYY!!!

jhale667
03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
...SHOWS THERE A JOKE .

Much like THAT shows you're an idiot? "They're" perhaps, caps-lick? ;)

dsouth99
03-19-2007, 09:52 PM

man my grandparents were into rap and the whole dance thing... only they called it square dancing. yo yo... swing yo partner round and round (vh reference there... clever huh) pick her up and throw her down.

i feel so bad that dave eddie and alex werent there with freakin rem. nobody defines the essence of a rock an roller more than michael stipe and the mayhem known as rem.

"if ya can't take a fuck, joke em."

Hummarstra
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
You rap haters need more fiber. You MUST admit this Vanilla Ice performance is pretty damn cool, even if you don't like rap.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/apn8NlY7fXE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/apn8NlY7fXE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DrMaddVibe
03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
No, its not.

It's shit!

DrMaddVibe
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
There are many rap hall of fames! Just check your local county MUDDAFUCKIN JAIL!!! BBBBAAAAAAAAAABBBBBYYYYYYYY!!!

5 Stars to ya!:D

BALLYJUNKIE
03-21-2007, 05:40 AM
LORD STRIKE THAT WIGGER DOWN !!!!