X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mt. Krakalak
    Roadie
    • Apr 2006

The BEST part about RRHOF?

There had to be something positive and uplifting about VH's induction last night, right?
    What was it for you?
    I really enjoyed the VH montage. Brought back plenty of great memories for me. Yeah, made me warm and fuzzy inside. Almost cried a tear, too. Remember the good old days when Van Halen was the soundtrack to our young and carefree existence? Back then, I thought VH was bombproof as was I...

I was never a Paul Schafer Orchestra fan, but Anton Figg is the shit! I'm such a whore for great drummers!
    http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg
  • fe_lung
    Sniper
    • Mar 2004

The first half of the montage was great.

Comment

• Wawazat
      ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

The best part ?

I did not lose 1 minute of sleep over that crap
      Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by chan_bkny
        I had never stayed up for the RRHOF before, but last night, I did and it was a great disheartening and revolting experience.

The best of last night was the VH montage which has been mentioned already and Zack De La Rocha's speech. I didn't mind the Ronettes' performance, even though it was just the two of them up there. I liked Nedra's acceptance speech. Al Sharpton's tribute to James Brown was not bad.
        Agree (first part of VH montage only tho), hey I wonder if Aretha heard there was a Danish in the house and ate one of the VH brothers?

Comment

• DLRdelight!
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

best part was the "hello hello helloooo"

Comment

• kastco
            Roadie
            • Dec 2006

For me the best part was right after Patty Smith finished her song where she repeated the word ****** about 9 millions times the camera followed her off the stage. Right after she gets off stage there is this huge black guy who I assume was security and he looked like he wanted to rip her head off. The guy wouldn't even get out of her way. I laughed my ass off. I was waiting for the guy to cold cock the ugly hag.
            SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
            THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
              Agreed !
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

The whole show was a snooze fest. Boring. VH montage was cool. Everything else was a waste of time.
                This space for rent.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

The worst part....

When those 2 food service industry lovers put their hands together to make that gay finger- sign thing...

The best part...

When Mike acknowledged that he, "wasn't even supposed to be here"

and his girlfreind said, "you couldn't keep me away with a shotgun" after saying," the HoF didn't even have to include me, but they did..."

Spotlight whore....

Thanks Late Night with David Letterman band, for helping them sound as shitty as it deserved.

Comment

• bru87tr
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

the best part ? was that it was in HD.

so much for sam having a better vocal range than dave ? eh ?

now we have proof that is false.
                    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
                      Roadie
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                      Of course. When I heard "hello, hello, hellooooh!" I had momentarily forgotten that Dave, Ed and Alex weren't going to show up. Even after the acceptance speeches, I had hoped there would be a surprise, that Dave, Ed and Alex were going to emerge. That's why when the announcer said, "special perfomance" after Velvet Revolver's performance, my heart was POUNDING. Alas, it was the Other Half.
                      I also thought for one brief moment that it could happen. Maybe if I wished hard enough, or made a promise to Dog or the Devil it could just happen. It's not too late! It could happen any second now...
                      After this commercial it could happen. Wait for it. It could happen...

Nah, it didn't happen.

Reminded me of bad sex with no orgasm for a finale.
                      http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• BottomLine65
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                        always a favorite

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Perhaps the best part about it is it's over. Ed has staggered off to rehab. Wolfie is back in school. Al is keeping Ed's chair warm and beer cold back at Hidey-Hole / 5150 studios. Mike and Sam are in their private suite at the Waldorf Astoria felching each other. All the nonsense in Main will die down a bit now, and Dave is (with any luck) NOT sitting around twiddling his thumbs hoping the brothers get their shit together anytime soon, and is instead putting together another slamming band and getting ready to hit the road.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                            Roadie
                            • Feb 2007

Best part was the Zeppelin performance clip. Now THERE'S a reunion and a band that put their shit behind them and did the right thing by showing up to accept AND play! Page and Plant even put up with a dig from Jonesy during the acceptance speech.

The whole show was anti-climactic anyway because they showed it after Song Remains The Same. What could really follow that?

Is it me or did Weiland's "singing" ATBL sound alot like Devo's version of Satisfaction.

And Slash.........it's a fucking C CHORD!!!!!!!!!! Christ! My first basement cover band did a better job back in '82 BEFORE tabs!

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bonzo1026
                              And Slash.........it's a fucking C CHORD!!!!!!!!!! Christ! My first basement cover band did a better job back in '82 BEFORE tabs!
                              Uhhhhhhhhhh.....Am?!?:confused:

Comment

Working...