X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

A letter from Iraq

This is a letter from Ray Reynolds, a medic in the Iowa Army National Guard, serving in Iraq:

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home. And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends and compare it to the version that your paper is producing.)

* Over 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.
    * School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.
    * Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.
    * The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster.
    * The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.
    * Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.
    * The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.
    * 100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war.
    * Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.
    * Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.
    * Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
    * Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
    * Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.
    * Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever
    * Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs.
    * An interim constitution has been signed.
    * Girls are allowed to attend school.
    * Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. I have met many, many people from Iraq that want us there, and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts. So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him straight. If you are like me and very disgusted with how this period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC
    Iowa Army National Guard
    234th Signal Battalion
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Snopes and other Urban Legends sites say the letter is a fake, but the facts are indisputable regardless of source.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

First the Moonie crap, now a KNOWN fake letter. Isn't there a National Enquirer board where you can post lies?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lucky wilbury

isn't that called DU?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
          isn't that called DU?
          Only since the DLC took over
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I dunno about calling it a fake, seems to be the same exact things I was told by two of my friends who just returned home from Iraq a couple of months ago.

But of course you would stand right in front of them and tell them they were telling lies as well, wouldn't you? (unless you have served I wouldn't recommand it)

And that would be the most hypocritical thing you could ever do being as you never picked up a weapon and defended yourself on the streets of Iraq, eh?

I'm sorry but i find it offensive that so many political minded people wouldn't know the truth if it swam up and took a chunk out of their ass.
            But of course someone who sits behind a computer monitor spewing conspiracy theories and Liberal bias all day and never set foot in an oppressed country has all the facts, right?

Comment

• Jesus Christ
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

When did bearing false witness become acceptable? For if the only way the Son of Bush can sell his war is through circulating lies, then verily what kind of a person does that make him?

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I'm not talking about Bush here, and changing your name to Jesus doesn't give you special credibility, bro.

I'm talking about soldiers that actually served and you dodged my question again.
                I still have a friend in Afghanistan who is serving and believes whole heartedly in what their mission is and it is succeeding there as well.

Your problem isn't the war, it is who is in office and that mixing of the issues has you clouded on what the right thing to do actually is.

But just like any other liberal, you are asked a specific question and your only answer is about Bush.....Try answering the damn question..

Would you call a soldier who stood in front of you and told you what the facts are in Iraq a lier?
                I'm not talking about the chicken shits who signed up to get college money, I'm talking about the level headed soldiers who signed up to actually defend this country.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Here we go with the liberal Jesus bullshit...

Tell me Mr. enlightened savior impersonator.. what are Jesus' views on abortion and sticking your dick up a man's ass ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cathedral

Your problem isn't the war, it is who is in office and that mixing of the issues has you clouded on what the right thing to do actually is.

But just like any other liberal, you are asked a specific question and your only answer is about Bush.....Try answering the damn question..

That's not possible for FORD. He thinks he's teaching us something.. he has this crazy agenda in his paranoid head...

The only thing I have learned from FORD is how far right I really do lean...

Fuck the liberals!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

James and Gregory, let Me asketh thee a question:

Ye know that Luke, the author of the Gospel wrote his words several years after I ascended to Heaven, and that he never met Me in person.

Verily then, if Luke had written his gospel in the "first person", claiming that he had personally witnessed My miracles, My teachings, My crucifixion, etc, knowing that he hath indeed NOT witnessed these things, would his Gospel be bearing a false witness?

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Yes asswipe.. now reply to Cat's post...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I believe He just did
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            I believe He just did
                            You need help.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tabloid Moonie boy thinks I need help....

Geezus, I guess that settles it
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...