PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar already cancels first show

Greenbuds
04-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Even before Van Hagar can sell out a measly second show, they have canceled their first!

The second show of the tour in Richmond, VA has been canceled according to Ticketmaster. This show has been pulled off the van-halen.com website with no explanation. I guess the old "the cieling fell on Alex" won't work again on the sheep.

Expect more cancelations to follow as promoters lose their asses and fans continue to tell Van Hagar to FUCK OFF!!!

classicdude
04-29-2004, 12:01 AM
What's the deal with this? Venue problems? Management problems? Or did the "band" have their first fight after the "honeymoon?"

GAR
04-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, this does not look good, it does not indeed..

http://www.addicks2.fsnet.co.uk/nat/gallery8/marvin.jpg

hot for david
04-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by classicdude
What's the deal with this? Venue problems? Management problems? Or did the "band" have their first fight after the "honeymoon?"

maybe , that would be great !!!!

thefive
04-29-2004, 12:14 AM
When the sheep come here they are going to want proof. Can someone find the proof of this?

the 5
If this is true the 5 is gloating

BITEYOASS
04-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Which 5 cities are they? We should make those five cities one of the places for a DLR Army convention!!!! The only way they will get a show to sell out is to have the DLR band open for them. Then after DLR is through with his set, the arena will be more than half-empty for Van Hagar! I can only dream. :D

thefive
04-29-2004, 12:34 AM
What year was the first DLR Convention? just curious

Greenbuds
04-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by thefive
When the sheep come here they are going to want proof. Can someone find the proof of this?

It's true. Just go here and look at second show of tour -

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/772490

Van Hagar - DOWN IN FLAMES!

thefive
04-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Which 5 cities are they? We should make those five cities one of the places for a DLR Army convention!!!! The only way they will get a show to sell out is to have the DLR band open for them. Then after DLR is through with his set, the arena will be more than half-empty for Van Hagar! I can only dream. :D

Is there any reason you used the number 5?:D

thefive
04-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Greenbuds

:D Thank you for the important information,:D

You did really good:) So you get yourself a vote.:)

Now the 5 is gloating.:)

And I will drink to this.:guzzle: :guzzle: :guzzle:
BIG TIME:D

distortion9
04-29-2004, 12:48 AM
SWEETNESS!!!!

This shit is gonna be fun!

kennyboy
04-29-2004, 12:49 AM
SUCK ON THIS SO CALLED VHFORUMS!!!

DOWN IN FLAMES, Indeed.

distortion9
04-29-2004, 12:56 AM
You can actually FEEL the panic at the links...lmao.

thefive
04-29-2004, 01:06 AM
oh I hope this information is spread to all the van halen forums on the world wide web.

distortion9
04-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Have you guys seen this? It was posted by the links main "source".

"-A double disc package is still the plan, but just got word that one disc will be DLR VH, the other Sammy VH, which probably means no Gary VH will be included anywhere.

-Dave is still not 100% on board with this, so until he is, no disc can be released. If all does get straightened out, we may finally have something by July 13th, but don't hold your breath.

-3 new songs are still in the plans for the Sammy disc, but the band and the folks at Warner Bros. seem to be a little unsure what new tunes will make the cut (even "It's About Time" is still questionable, which is probably why we haven't heard it anywhere yet). Until an agreement is made, WB will not release the BOV2, which could mean it may NEVER come out unfortunately. As far as the classic older DLR and Sammy tracks go, no songs have been discussed as of yet since things are still up in the air.

-There are absolutely NO plans to make a video for whatever song will be the single. "

Seems to me that Warner thinks the 3 new tunes blow...what a surprise.

Panamark
04-29-2004, 01:27 AM
This is SWEET !! :D

Lemme guess what Brenty Brents will say, Oh thats not really a well known Van Halen demographic, and the seats there are really shitty, and the CD hasnt been released and and .. well you get the picture..

Only one sold out show and the first one cancelled.

Panamark
04-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Here tis..

kennyboy
04-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by distortion9
You can actually FEEL the panic at the links...lmao.

HA! Good for them they just banned me... Or I'd be fuckin' shit up old school over there!

No live encore of "When It's Love" for them "Favorite VH Album: OU812" Fag-bots!

Dave or the grave you 'lil bitchces!

thefive
04-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
This is SWEET !! :D

I agree and I will drink to this.:guzzle: :killer:

The 5 is gloating.:D :D :)

thefive
04-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kennyboy
HA! Good for them they just banned me... Or I'd be fuckin' shit up old school over there!

No live encore of "When It's Love" for them "Favorite VH Album: OU812" Fag-bots!

Dave or the grave you 'lil bitchces!

Really they banned you?????

Unreal.

Brett
04-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Brett's reaction is, who cares Marky Mark. They can cancel all 40 dates as long as the ones I paid for tickets for still happen. Unlike you guys, I don't give a shit if the tour flops, as long as I go.

I didn't even know anyone live in Richmond, VA. :)

Golden AWe
04-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Is Brett now the only one standing up for Hagar here...where's are all the "I love Roth BUT..."

Brett
04-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Not standing up for anything, I just could care less about cancelled concerts that are 3,000 miles away from me that have zero effect on my life. I didn't buy tickets for the Richmond show, I wasn't planning on seeing the Richmond show, and I am not moving to Richmond anytime soon. So it just doesn't mean a damn thing to me. :) Van Halen has cancelled dates before. Do you think it meant anything to me that they blew off all those European dates in '98?

Panamark
04-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Thats so funny ! A Van Hagar fan who doesnt give a shit about cancelled shows or the tour failing. These Spamsters have some real
loyalty going down , huh! :)

Golden AWe
04-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Do you think it meant anything to me that they blew off all those European dates in '98?

I witnessed one of those European dates back then :(

I'm a victim. Please hit me with some sympathy :p

BITEYOASS
04-29-2004, 08:11 AM
I remember reading a newspaper article of the gig they did at the Palace of Auburn Hills over in Detroit back in 98. Creed was there opening act, and the fans didn't come to see Van Cherone. Well after Creed got done with there set, more than half of the audience left. And the ones that were there started yelling "BRING BACK DAVE!" and were throwing stuff at Gary. Now that is a Dave town!!!

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 08:36 AM
I remember reading a newspaper article of the gig they did at the Palace of Auburn Hills over in Detroit back in 98. Creed was there opening act, and the fans didn't come to see Van Cherone. Well after Creed got done with there set, more than half of the audience left. And the ones that were there started yelling "BRING BACK DAVE!" and were throwing stuff at Gary. Now that is a Dave town!!!

so did we back in these days in berlin!!! chanting "we want dave" all of the (hardly 2000) fans in the half-filled venue...most funny thing !!!

I FUCKING WIN MY MOTHERFUCKING BET ! ! !

pardo
04-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Gee theres a big shock.

pete
04-29-2004, 09:04 AM

nice work.

come on mods, LET'S STICKY THIS!!!!

it's not that we should even care, it should serve as a "bug light" of sorts to keep the spermmy fans away for a few days.

pete
04-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Brett's reaction is, who cares Marky Mark. They can cancel all 40 dates as long as the ones I paid for tickets for still happen. Unlike you guys, I don't give a shit if the tour flops, as long as I go.

be strong... for... spam and the...... boys

:cry:

bru87tr
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
ya makes sense, lets go party and tour with nothing to tour about!

dumnb asses. DLR would not have done that for sure, he would have wanted a full blown promotion of whatever was released.

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
it's about time...for a little:

WE TOLD YOU SO ! ! !

Hollywood Jesus
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I love the story about Auburn Hills. Tough to do now with $300 tix.

This is indeed some interesting news. Cancelled shows could mean much or little, but hell, this is the DLR Army. Let's make a mountain outta this molehill!

We want Dave! We want Dave! WE WANT DAVE!

ZahZoo
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Seems to be a bit of grasping at straws here dudes... come on have a little pride and don't go blowing your wad over a single canceled show that may or may not have a damn thing to do with sales or popularity of Van Hagar... I'd advise holding any "I told you so's" until you have some facts and an actual tend to stand behind... otherwise you just look like a bunch of bitter idiots standing around with your dick in your hand...

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
otherwise you just look like a bunch of bitter idiots standing around with your dick in your hand...

but it's so much bigger than yours... :D

so there are two parts of my bet left...

bru87tr
04-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I will tell you what, there would be no talk of cancellation if it wre the original members. every show would be sold out 10 times over. what does that tell you ?

selling out half a show cause half the place is divided off is not sold out. I have been to shows where it has been done and called sold out!

BITEYOASS
04-29-2004, 10:07 AM
I believe back in 1999 Dave opened for Bad Company in front of over 9,000 people at Joe Louis Arena. He made some jokes about Spammy during "Ain't talking bout' love" and half of the fans applauded and the other half got upset(Bad Co. fans) anyway after dave got done with his set, there was a more than half-empty crowd left for Bad Co. and this happened throught his entire tour with them!! Although in europe when he made some jokes about Gayboy Cherone sucking Eddie's dick in Europe, the entire audience drunkinly cheered! :D

famac
04-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Is Brett really posting on this board??

Do you know how many times he's blown up at my posts on Van Halen links and told me to fuck off???

And I always follow his rules of no personal attacks - even though he regularly makes personal attacks against me in direct violation of his own rules!

What a joke he's over here defending that shreiking hack!

I hope Roth holds out on these bastards and sinks a BOV2 because the fact of the matter is, they used all the commercially viable tracks on the first CD! Another set should be called "BoAT ANHRAB"

(Best of the Album Tracks - And Notice How Roths Are Better)

distortion9
04-29-2004, 10:18 AM
"dudes"...."come on"....."blowing your wad"....."Van Hagar"..."I'd advise holding"....."stand behind"...."standing around with your dick in your hand"

You Hagar fans must think that's the hottest post ever.

DlocRoth
04-29-2004, 10:31 AM

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA! Nice one, bro.:D

L.S.D.
04-29-2004, 11:16 AM

That is fucking hilarious. Because I was at theat show, and that is the biggest bunch of bullshit of all time. They filled the place except for about 3,000 seats in the upper deck. And Creed wasnt even established yet. Fucking moron.

moose
04-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Anybody got any BBQ sauce????

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I want to take a minute and clear my conscience about some things. I saw Van Gaybar with Sammy and Cherone. I know. I am sick to my stomach. I just want to come clean. I have to balance that with the fac that I boycotted the OU812 tour and album at the time (Monsters of Rock). I am boycotting this tour as I have been inspired by the Roth Army to be hardcore and not give in to the spell of seeing Eddie play. It is sad how much is he not like the Eddie we used to love, but there is a part of me that still wants to see him anyway.

I want to punch Sammy's mom in the face

Dave's Dradle
04-29-2004, 12:06 PM
I saw them at the Richmond Coliseum in 1991 on the FUCK tour. Good place to see a concert actually, but back then it was still festival seating on the floor; don't know if it still is. Actually one of the worst VH shows I have seen, and I have seen alot. They absolutely fucking BUTCHERED Panama - where at the break when Dave would normally have his spoken part they go into a five minute political rant and then go into Right Now. Sammy had a cold, so he didn't sound too good, and they must've played more Sam solo songs than classic material. Both my friend and I were both pretty disappointed. Baby Animals from Australia was the opening act, they were BRUTAL!

famac
04-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Who care about seeing Eddie Van Halen when you can see Zakk Wylde??? He blows Van Halen away. He's more more proficient technically, his solos are far more melodic and well crafted - and he writes great tunes with Ozzy and by himself.

That's why if there's no David Lee Roth - it's just not going to be any fun or any good! Van Hagar has never been more out of fashion than they are now!

I bett Warner is sending the new tunes back because they are hopelessly outdated. Eddie was still doing that muted chording even on Van Halen III - his writing skills are trapped in 1986!!!!

Lou
04-29-2004, 12:42 PM
I believe back in 1999 Dave opened for Bad Company in front of over 9,000 people at Joe Louis Arena. He made some jokes about Spammy during "Ain't talking bout' love" and half of the fans applauded and the other half got upset(Bad Co. fans) anyway after dave got done with his set, there was a more than half-empty crowd left for Bad Co. and this happened throught his entire tour with them!! Although in europe when he made some jokes about Gayboy Cherone sucking Eddie's dick in Europe, the entire audience drunkinly cheered! :D

Let's not get carried away. I'm a Bad Co. fan as well as a Van HALEN fan and when I saw them at the Mann Music Center in Philly on 7/3/99, this was not the case. If anything more fans filtered in after Dave was done. I thought Bad Co. was really good BTW, and to tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed in Dave because his voice wasn't up to par. Much better in 2001.

Sammy Who??
04-29-2004, 12:46 PM
hasn't Roth cancelled like thousands of shows in the last 5 years or so.

hyprocrites!

ZahZoo
04-29-2004, 12:54 PM

Nice edit job and witty comeback... Did you write that all by yourself??

Unfortunate your assumptions are so far off track you missed the bus.

Big Troubles
04-29-2004, 12:58 PM
thousands? not likely. I know he cancelled dates when he slashed his fucking head. Not because ticket sales were low.

Lou
04-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??

hyprocrites!

Well that is a good point, I hate to admit.

flappo
04-29-2004, 12:59 PM
..so , it begins

FLAPPO'S PREDICTION

..read em and weep

..vh 2 is a TOTAL FUCKING DISASTER as they decide to concentrate on SPAMMY's legendary musical genius , ignoring dave's indescribeablely important influence on modern rock's progression , ie: the darkness , i REST MY CASE !

:D

Lou
04-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
thousands? not likely. I know he cancelled dates when he slashed his fucking head. Not because ticket sales were low.

That's true, but a year before that there was this Vegas show that a bunch of people bought tickets to and got burned when DLR cancelled with no explanation. I can't remember off the top of my head but prior to that accident he was cancelling a fair amount of shows. I think St. Louis in 2003 was another one.

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??

hyprocrites!

so what? nobody here claims that dave can outsell =VH= nor could sam... but...if it was the REAL =VH= we wouldn't discuss poor ticket sales or cancelled shows but an outsold giant stadium tour ...

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 01:16 PM
The fac that Dave has cancelled shows (not thousands - that's impossible, you idiot) has no bearing upon the current state of and popularity of Van Hagar. There is no question Dave's solo career has been disappointing to anyone who likes him or his music. The concensus is that basically Dave is not considered a "sellout". He just hasn't been popular. That is old news. It is also a distinct difference between the charges laid at the feet of the post VH and even it's members individually. The fact that Van Gaybar is cancelling shows now and having their popularity questioned speaks to the entire existence of Van Halen at this point. Nobody can prevent someone from enjoying the Van Hagar music or buying their products. However, the widely held consensus is that Van Hagar has always been more about making $$ and less about the musical integrity or quality. It is specifically this aspect that the cancelling of shows is relevent.

Even a Van Hagar fan can acknowledge this latest VH tour is in the same cookie cutter mold as a Rolling Stones/Who/Aerosmit/KISS/Eagles tour. These bands stopped getting new fans a long time ago. When these bands tour , it is all about the $$. It is a very large embarrassment for these huge corporate tours to fail.

Bill Lumbergh
04-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Awesome news to wake up to today. Are any of us really surprised though? I'VE even been shocked by the underwhelming hype, thought Van Hagar would do at least a little better than this. Drinks all around, these fuckers deserve this shit.

Bill Lumbergh
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Seems to be a bit of grasping at straws here dudes... come on have a little pride and don't go blowing your wad over a single canceled show that may or may not have a damn thing to do with sales or popularity of Van Hagar... I'd advise holding any "I told you so's" until you have some facts and an actual tend to stand behind... otherwise you just look like a bunch of bitter idiots standing around with your dick in your hand...

And I'm sure you'll buy any excuses the band has to offer. "Oh Wolfie has to go to Disneyland that day, and I want to be there" "My new chrome plated neck brace is coming in that day, gotta be there for that.

Lou
04-29-2004, 01:21 PM
I agree about the Aerosmith comment except that unlike Van Hagar, The Who, or KISS at least it's the original band playing, and they still do the kick-ass songs from the '70s. Unlike Van Hagar which is not the original band and insists on doing only the very forgettable, generic Van Hagar music.

ELVIS
04-29-2004, 01:23 PM
The Who ???

Leave the drugs alone Lou...

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 01:24 PM
I think you mean all LIVING original members ;)

Bill Lumbergh
04-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Um not really dude. Rock artists have had a hard time in general selling tickets in the last decade. The exception are certain acts with legendary names, Van Halen being one of them. Sammy solo couldnt sell out 500 seaters here in the Bay Area one of his strongholds.

Lou
04-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
The Who ???

Leave the drugs alone Lou...

I was referring to "The Who" going on tour in 2002 which was a joke to call it that.

No ELVIS, between you and me the only person who's done drugs is you buddy boy.

Brett
04-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Louie you don't do drugs? Fuck well there goes my first theory on why you're a braindead drone with the IQ of a nail file.

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 03:18 PM
anybody remember VH on this thread somewhere?

thefive
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM

Is Zahzoo a Hagar fan???

Lou
04-29-2004, 03:42 PM

Why don't you go say that to the Linkers who live in Richmond, BITCH? Of course you won't say that over there now will you.

Lou
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
why you're a braindead drone with the IQ of a nail file.

Tell you what, that is the best description of Sammy Hagar I've ever seen.

Brett
04-29-2004, 03:54 PM
See you two have more in common than you thought Louie!

Brett
04-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Why don't you go say that to the Linkers who live in Richmond, BITCH? Of course you won't say that over there now will you.

LOL, ok I'll say that just for you. ROFL!

thefive
04-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
There is no question Dave's solo career has been disappointing to anyone who likes him or his music.

I am a huge huge Dave fan and I am not disappointed with his music or the man. I love EVERY single solo album.

ALinChainz
04-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Just find it interesting that the post L.S.D. makes on this thread had absolutely nothing to do wth the topic.

Had to bash Dave still, instead of carrying on his "adult conversation" about VH, and commenting on why there had to be this early cancellation.

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
c'mon thefive: it doesn't disappoint you that Dave has had poor records sales and concert attendance? This translates directly to the long periods of time we have to wait for him to record new albums and it translates directly to me just seeing him at a partially filled Beacon Theatre (not that big) rather than playing 2 nights in an arena. We all can love all of the things he can control like his music, the things he says, the people he plays with, but it is just common sense that he didn't leave Van Halen with the intention or vision of being so far from the success he had. You can't deny that

Brett
04-29-2004, 06:10 PM
See I really don't think Dave cares about his record sales or concert attendance. I don't think he worries about that anymore, just does his own thing. I'm sure he knows he's never going to have the stardom he once did, and so what. As long as he plays and keeps his fans happy. Although I totally disagree with doing an album of shitty covers, and shows consisting mostly of VH songs. Drop more solo stuff in there, and do an album of good original music Dave.

Roth kills Sam
04-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Right - Dave is going to do what he is going to do and live a life many of us (if not all of us) would only wish we could live. More records sold and more concert attendance would translate into more music for us and more touring. He wouldn't disappear for the long stretches like does sometimes and tour with that boy lover Hagar if was a top draw.

Dave friggin rocks

Va Beach VH Fan
04-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Richmond is about 90 miles from here, so I can't tell ya about the rock community there, maybe "Dave's Dradle" can...

But if it's anything like this area, I'm not surprised at all that they cancelled, regardless of the fact that they didn't want to see Van Hagar....

This area sells out very few shows, whether it's in the 10,000 seat Scope arena in Norfolk for Metallica this past Monday (plenty of upper deck seats), to the Ampitheater here in my back yard (20,000 capacity)....

I tell ya who sells out here, fucking Dave Matthews and Jimmy Buffett.... Every year they're here, sold out...

Dan
04-29-2004, 08:38 PM
fuck Van hagar,I'm glad they have not sold out.Long live David Lee Roth

GAR
04-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Louie you don't do drugs? Fuck well there goes my first theory on why you're a braindead drone with the IQ of a nail file.

Fucking aye, dude..

You sure know how to dish it out, but you can't take it on your own site - you gotta do that here?

BITEYOASS
04-29-2004, 09:29 PM
ALL RIGHT!!! WE'VE SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED RICHMOND, VA FROM SPAM! NOW WE'RE GOING CALIFORNIA, WE'RE GOING TO SOUTH DAKOTA! AND TEXAS AND NEW YORK! AND OREGON! AND WASHINGTON! AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO MICHIGAN! AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO WASHINGTON D.C. TO TAKE BACK THE WHITE HOUSE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUURRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!

:hagar1: :gun:

:hagar1: :gun:

cwsmith17
04-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Even before Van Hagar can sell out a measly second show, they have canceled their first!

The second show of the tour in Richmond, VA has been canceled according to Ticketmaster. This show has been pulled off the van-halen.com website with no explanation. I guess the old "the cieling fell on Alex" won't work again on the sheep.

Expect more cancelations to follow as promoters lose their asses and fans continue to tell Van Hagar to FUCK OFF!!!

You know you are a Hagar fan.

Big Troubles
04-29-2004, 10:42 PM

I smoke the finest red hair weed this side of "Meh-hee-Co" and Ive given you a run for your debating money. Like for example, if you considered him on drugs and no smarter than a nail file, why would you be talking to him? Do you normaly talk to nail files? :D :D :D

thefive
04-29-2004, 11:41 PM
c'mon thefive: it doesn't disappoint you that Dave has had poor records sales and concert attendance? This translates directly to the long periods of time we have to wait for him to record new albums and it translates directly to me just seeing him at a partially filled Beacon Theatre (not that big) rather than playing 2 nights in an arena. We all can love all of the things he can control like his music, the things he says, the people he plays with, but it is just common sense that he didn't leave Van Halen with the intention or vision of being so far from the success he had. You can't deny that

Nah it doesn't disappoint me. It bums me out a little. Yeah I want Dave to make 2 albums a year. As far as his fame look at John Travoita's career. He only made 100,000 dollars when he did Pulp Fiction. Fame it goes up and down and up and down. Staying power is hard to keep. Plus one of the biggest things that happend was the MUSIC industry changed. Most kids and teenagers starting around 1990 didn't like hard rock. It started around that time when the whole music scene changed.

thefive
04-29-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm sure he knows he's never going to have the stardom he once did, and so what.

All you know for certain is you never know.

thefive
04-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Right - Dave is going to do what he is going to do and live a life many of us (if not all of us) would only wish we could live. More records sold and more concert attendance would translate into more music for us and more touring. He wouldn't disappear for the long stretches like does sometimes and tour with that boy lover Hagar if was a top draw.

Dave friggin rocks

I do not think I would want to become a celebrity. First thing you lose is your privacy. That is so important to me. I do not think I would like all the cameras, people yelling your name across a restaurant. People following you in bathrooms. People always acknowledging you. It would get old soon. Just think about all the bullshit you would have to deal with. People taking photos of you. People hiding in the bushes and taking pictures of you and your family eating dinner in your own house.

I much rather be rich than famous and I rather have wisdom than
intelligence.

Panamark
04-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
Baby Animals from Australia was the opening act, they were BRUTAL!

Fucken Oath ! They were a great Band. I saw them many times. Highly recommend their first album to anyone that likes good hard rock, with
an excellent female vocalist. Suze has a great voice. There are
rumours in Oz that she is actually going to be the new singer for Inxs !
I can see that working. They were never going to get someone to work
in Michael Hutchences shadow, so a chick with a killer Rock voice could
be a good move. (trivial point, Suze is married to Nuno Bettencourt. )