PDA

View Full Version : Remember the FREE tix from the III Tour?!?

kennyboy
04-29-2004, 01:42 AM
HA! Maybe they are going to have to do it for this one too!

Panamark
04-29-2004, 04:27 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if this happens. If somebody gave me a freebie I still wouldnt go. Unless Spammy was detained elsewhere on the night I attended. (And Dave flown in) Hey then it would be a great freebie !!

Sammy Who??
04-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by kennyboy

And the next time Roth plays at a carnival. :D

Sarge
04-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by kennyboy

I don't think thery were free.
I think you had to buy 10 gallons of gas or something.
No lie..
Who remembers?

Lou
04-29-2004, 01:10 PM
You would have to pay me $100 to see this tour unless I'm in a free luxury suite with a free open bar. No lie. If someone gave me Van Hagar tickets and promised to pay me $20 if I went I'd refuse the offer.

Maybe on the Van McHagar tour they'll give you complimentary cheeseburgers, or maybe if you buy a Happy Meal you'll get complimentary tickets.

FORD
04-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
I don't think thery were free.
I think you had to buy 10 gallons of gas or something.
No lie..
Who remembers?

Yep, they had gas stations giving them away with fillups. Ticketbastard was giving them away with purchase of another ticket, like AeroShit and whoever else was on the road in 98.

Rumor is that Danniels even had people doing some "reverse - scalping" outside the venues, giving away random tickets just to get bodies in the seats.

And all this is after many of the venues were already partitioned off with ropes or curtains to 1/3 of their full capacity.

Realistically, I expected Van Hagar to sell a little better than VDIII, but it doesn't look like it will beat the Cherone ballet & three ring circus by much. :D