X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

beginner acoustic guitar

I know a few cords, but still a novice beginner. I want to get back into playing now that i have more time. I want to but a good but not to cheap acoustic (around 300 bucks) any suggestions? an electric/acoustic i wouldn't mind. I also was thinking about the estaban package ? on HSN seems alright for a beginner, you get the DVD's, guitar, cord chart ect but i read some reviews that they are crap.help if u can thanks
  • The_KiD
    Commando
    • Jun 2005

The Alvarez Aoustics play very nice.. I played one at a college reunion and could not get over how good it played and sounded. With a hard case for $289.00 / Acoustic Electric. Model number RD8C.. Go play one..

Here is the link at musicians friend..

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Cheers,

KiD

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

FENDER makes decent beginner acoutstics..........

You'll have to shop around & play a few

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The_KiD
        The Alvarez Aoustics play very nice.. I played one at a college reunion and could not get over how good it played and sounded. With a hard case for $289.00 / Acoustic Electric. Model number RD8C.. Go play one..

Here is the link at musicians friend..

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Cheers,

KiD
        A friend of mine has an Alvarez dreadnought and the neck on that guitar is GREAT! Solid feeling and feels good and sounds good. I was really impressed.

You know I was just dicking around Guitar Center one day and played a cool looking Ibanez acoustic with a flouratine cut out for high fret access. It played great and sounded great and was only $240. It looked cool to boot.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I'm just curious.....

Why not electric?

Oh, and my friend has Fenders and likes them a lot. It's a lot harder to make generalizations about acoustics.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

LOL

Comment

• The_KiD
              Commando
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              A friend of mine has an Alvarez dreadnought and the neck on that guitar is GREAT! Solid feeling and feels good and sounds good. I was really impressed.

You know I was just dicking around Guitar Center one day and played a cool looking Ibanez acoustic with a flouratine cut out for high fret access. It played great and sounded great and was only $240. It looked cool to boot.
              Yea, I was shocked myself. There was a guy there with a Taylor Big Baby (which cost more) and the Alvarez just killed it in Tone and Playability... If I needed an inexpensive acoustic or acoustic electric, I would certainly look at the Alvarez models first..

Cheers,

KiD

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

thanks everyone for the input

Comment

Working...