PDA

View Full Version : Freakshow

jharp84
03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I recently saw a trailer for a movie called "FREAKSHOW" from the asylum co., There was a warning prior to the previews being shown(other asylum movies) This is out now for rental on dvd, It states it has been banned in 42 countries! What I saw on the trailer was the most disturbing/sickest shit I have ever seen! Been a horror movie fan all my life! Any soldiers see this movie??? I have to rent it now to find out!!

Mt. Krakalak
03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Cannibal Halocaust is pretty disturbing. Haven't heard of Freakshow.

jharp84
03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of sicker movies(zombie/cannibal), this just blew my mind as I am waiting for my wife to come in and watch some stupid dragon movie from the same company! What they showed was pretty intense!!!

bueno bob
03-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
I recently saw a trailer for a movie called "FREAKSHOW" from the asylum co., There was a warning prior to the previews being shown(other asylum movies) This is out now for rental on dvd, It states it has been banned in 42 countries! What I saw on the trailer was the most disturbing/sickest shit I have ever seen! Been a horror movie fan all my life! Any soldiers see this movie??? I have to rent it now to find out!!

To tell you the truth, it IS gory, but I've seen worse and stomached it. Honestly, the movie is VERY slow until the end - it basically takes a simple concept/plot and stretches it out over what seems to be a VERY long time...honestly, I could probably have told the same story in 35-45 minutes, tops.

Acting wise, it's not bad - not great, either. Pretty run of the mill.

On a 1-10, I'd give it a 5 and a half...just didn't resonate with me all that much...

You wanna see a REAL gorefest, check out "Mermaid in a Manhole" (which I can almost guarantee you'll have to special order) and prepare to check out of your dinner as well... :uck:

jharp84
03-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by chan_bkny
I saw the movie Freaks, but not Freak Show. Is FS also about circus performers? I don't remember being scared by Freaks even though it's categorized as a horror film. I only watched it because I was (and still am) a Ramones fan. It's from this movie that the Ramones got their "gabba gabba, we accept you, we accept you one of us" chant in the beginning of "Pinhead."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/FreaksPoster.jpg

Yes Circus Freaks! I saw Freaks about 22 years ago! Good then!

jharp84
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
To tell you the truth, it IS gory, but I've seen worse and stomached it. Honestly, the movie is VERY slow until the end - it basically takes a simple concept/plot and stretches it out over what seems to be a VERY long time...honestly, I could probably have told the same story in 35-45 minutes, tops.

Acting wise, it's not bad - not great, either. Pretty run of the mill.

On a 1-10, I'd give it a 5 and a half...just didn't resonate with me all that much...

You wanna see a REAL gorefest, check out "Mermaid in a Manhole" (which I can almost guarantee you'll have to special order) and prepare to check out of your dinner as well... :uck:

Thanks Bueno! That's exactly what I suspected after more research!!!