PDA

View Full Version : WWE Wrestlers Reportedly Linked to Steroids

Matt White
03-20-2007, 08:54 AM
http://sports.aol.com/news/articles/_a/wwe-wrestlers-reportedly-linked-to/20070319211809990001

And here I thought Vince learned his lesson & cleaned up the sport...Tsk Tsk....

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0b/07/20070319214609990001Pro wrestler Randy Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs - including stanozolol, nandrolone and testosterone.

AP Sports
Eleven professional wrestlers, including the WWE's Randy Orton, have joined the list of athletes linked to a nationwide steroids investigation.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0c/00/20070319214609990002Eddie Guerrero's 2005 death was caused by prior anabolic steroid abuse.

SI.com reported Monday that Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs - including stanozolol, nandrolone and testosterone - between March 2004 and August 2004. According to the documents SI.com reviewed, two doctors whose names also appear in Gary Matthews Jr.'s file, wrote prescriptions for Orton.

Orton, through the WWE, declined comment, SI.com said.

In its review of documents, SI.com reported it found Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH from Applied Pharmacy in Mobile, Ala., one of the pharmacies raided in the investigation led by Albany, N.Y., District Attorney David Soares.

Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment, SI.com said.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis told SI.com that WWE policy prohibits performance-enhancing drugs but would not say whether any wrestlers have tested positive since the policy was enacted.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/03/06/20070319214509990001Former WWE champion and 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle has been named in the recent steroid investigation.

A statement release Monday night by WWE said the allegations reported by SI.com occurred before the organization implemented its "Talent Wellness Program," which deems "prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose."

Also linked to the scandal, in various reports, are baseball's Jose Canseco, John Rocker, Jerry Hairston Jr. and David Bell, former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, Pittsburgh Steelers doctor Richard Rydze, 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle and bodybuilder Victor Martinez.

Monday, SI.com also reported Arizona doctor David Wilbirt's name has come up in multiple files, including Angle, Oscar Gutierrez (stage name Rey Mysterio) and former WWE star Eddie Guerrero, who died in 2005.

Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment to SI.com about the report that Wilbirt had prescribed him nandrolone and stanozolol.

Wilbirt told SI.com he's not practicing medicine now.

"I'll tell you one thing and then this conversation is going to end," Wilbirt told SI.com when asked about the professional wrestlers. "They had done blood work and had laboratory work done and they had come to see me."

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0b/05/20070319214409990001Arizona doctor David Wilbirt reportedly prescribed Rey Mysterio, pictured, nandrolone and stanozolol.

Do you care if pro wrestlers use steroids?
No, it's their own body 78%
Yes, it tarnishes the sport 22%
Total Votes: 2,390
Note on Poll Results

Some people never learn..............

Mr Badguy
03-20-2007, 09:00 AM
WWE linked to steroids?

Say it ain`t so.

Mr Badguy
03-20-2007, 09:01 AM
TNA should be careful.

They`ve got Scott Steiner on their books and if he`s not juiced up then I`m a Dutchman.

Matt White
03-20-2007, 11:52 AM
JA!!!

"Big Papa PUMPED-UP"

"Eddie Guerrero did steroids"....no kidding...I see TONS of 5'7" guys with muscles like that...................silly stuff........

Hard to imagine in this day and age...with the effects of steroids so well documented..........

Full Bug
03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Hard to imagine in this day and age...with the effects of steroids so well documented..........
Not really, everyone knows Vince likes the big guys, if you dont believe me just look at the push the talentless Great Kahaki or whatever the fuck his name is, is getting these days, its generally rare for Vince to push the smaller guys, and Vince himself is a walking roid machine, who in their 50's looks like that? I can see why the wrestlers do it, they needs jobs like we all do, very sad state of affairs for sure....

ALinChainz
03-20-2007, 02:24 PM
That dude ... Chris Masters ... these guys are huge and then take time off ... they come back visibly smaller and good ol'JR attributes it to "taking off some weight to get quicker".

Same thing with Sammy Sosa. Yeah, he may be washed anyway, but he took a year off to get the shit out of his system to comeback.

Full Bug
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Speaking of JR, when he leaves the biz he is saying he is going to do a tell all book, that I look forward to, if it really is tell all, I doubt that though, he doesnt much like to talk about wrestlers personal issues in print....Looking forward to Bret Harts book though.....

Full Bug
03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Chris Masters, another classic example of Vince and big guys, one of the worst wrestlers to come around in years, he shouldnt even hold a job in the Indy scene, yet he has one in WWE, yet guys that can really wrestle dont get on TV for that loser, masterlock challenge, what a joke....

Jimbo5150
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
What a fucking JOKE, only in America can you go to prison for using steroids, why should anyone give a fuck what anyone else thinks they should or shouldn't be doing. People drink, people smoke, WHO FUCKING CARES!!! I NEVER hear about those crazed steriod users out robbing banks or 7/11's to get there "fix", because its not that kind of "drug" its not really a drug at all, hence its LEGALITY everywere else in the world..... Steroids are here to stay people, and guess what all you fucking genius's, they have been for over 50 fucking years, its just one more form of oppression. LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, HOW WOULD WE ALL LIKE IT IF THEY TOLD US ONE DAY ROCK AND ROLL WAS ILLEGAL BECAUSE TO MANY PEOPLE LIKE TO PARTY AT CONCERTS??!!
Think about that before you blow me up -I'm fucking correct!!!

Full Bug
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tell us how you really feel Jimbo....

Matt White
03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
A boy genius!

Glad he's here to set us straight........

HEROIN FOR EVERYONE!!!

Oh yeah....Steroids destory a persons body...and kids look up to these clowns using 'em......

Ah well....who wouldn't want to have nuts the size of peas...and more body hair than George Steel?!?

Antman
03-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Steroids? Yea right. I'll bet your going to tell me wrestling's fake too.

Vinnie Velvet
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Yeah, Chris Masters, another classic example of Vince and big guys, one of the worst wrestlers to come around in years, he shouldnt even hold a job in the Indy scene, yet he has one in WWE, yet guys that can really wrestle dont get on TV for that loser, masterlock challenge, what a joke....

You would think Vince would learn from the days of Lex Luger.

Apparently not.

Masters = Luger of today.

A jacked up, no-talent, piece of crap.

I'd put Batista in that line as well.

bueno bob
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
That dude ... Chris Masters ... these guys are huge and then take time off ... they come back visibly smaller and good ol'JR attributes it to "taking off some weight to get quicker".

Same sort of thing happened with Warrior...he was absent for around two months, came back lighter with a haircut and people thought the real UW died and got replaced by an imposter...

Mr Badguy
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Same sort of thing happened with Warrior...he was absent for around two months, came back lighter with a haircut and people thought the real UW died and got replaced by an imposter...

Yeah!

Kerry Von Erich is always the one rumoured to have "replaced" the Warrior.

Ironic, given that Von Erich would himself die, what, a year later?

Kerry couldn`t have ran to the ring like Jim, either, as he had a prosthetic foot.

Little Texan
03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Wrestlers taking steroids? You HAVE GOT to be shitting me! Who would have imagined such a thing? :D

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Tell us how you really feel Jimbo....

Thanks Bro, thats why I dig this site, no fucking phonies! I believe this whole steroid issue is a POLITICAL fucking joke, our People are losing their lives in a fucking WAR RIGHT NOW, my family included, and the fucking politicians are worried about someone hitting to many home runs or running to fast??!! GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!! Steroids do not desrtoy bodies or kill, people by the way 'genius', read a PDR not a newspaper or the 6:00 news for crying out loud. And by the way I am educated on this subject, and it has been my career for 13 years......

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
GRATE....

LIke I said....BOY GENIUS.......

HURRAH!

HEROIN FOR EVERYBODY...It's doesn't "kill ya".....

As smart as a door knob.............

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Intelligent response! Bravo! Herion and Steroids so alike, its sometimes fucking confusing..... HHMMM...........

And I'll dare to bet just a touch smarter than you buckwheat.......

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:32 PM
STEROIDS ARE GRATE!!!:D

http://www.superstarbillygraham.com/images/grahaminj2.jpg

In a sad image (taken in 1990) the former Heavyweight champion struggles just to get up from his chair.

As a result of steroid abuse Wayne Coleman (Super Star Billy Graham)has been forced to undergo seven different hip surgeries (one of which was filmed and used on WWF television as part of a storyline) and one total hip replacement. Considering everything he's been through, it's a wonder that Mr. Coleman can even walk at all. However, thankfully, he has stated that his most recent surgery should also be his last.

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo5150
Intelligent response! Bravo! Herion and Steroids so alike, its sometimes fucking confusing..... HHMMM...........

And I'll dare to bet just a touch smarter than you buckwheat.......

Oh yeah...I'm sure your a regular Coppernicus...of the Stupid...

THE MAN! THE MAN IS HOLDING ME DOWN!

Climb back in yer bunker..................:p

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Its GREAT bro not GRATE.......

And the injuries are from jumping off the top rope, and all the other crazy shit these guys do, they just blame "Steroids" in the end because it sounds tough, its not the juice bro... Believe me I sympathise with what they've do to themselves, but its not from the sauce man, you can't use your body like a fucking rag your whole adult life and not expect to pay later on. I'm an athlete bro I use the shit, its not what everyone thinks it is, and I have a degree in pharmacology..... Don't you agree there are better things for the politicians to focus on than this SHIT??!!
And how do you resize the pics to get them to send in a message?

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM
And how do you resize the pics to get them to send in a message?

No...really...it's GRATE..............

ANd the pics?!?:confused:

Come on 'Pinestein.......use that noodle!:p

http://www.fiveminute.net/thisjustin/etrek/hawking.jpg

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I mean do you think its right to put a guy in prison for hitting home runs, playing better football, the funny part is if it doesn't constantly get better people loose interest .... AM I RIGHT??

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:47 PM
No really I can't get the damn thing to send any, funny guy - Yes I am laughing, fuck help me out!! :)

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
No...you're completely missing the point....

There is decades of medical documentaion of the adverse affects of steroid abuse....so much so it would be redundant to have to post such data......

If it's illegal for the general public it's llegal...period......

These people are "role models"...for better or worse.....

They are held to a higher standard.......

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree to a certain extent, but the legality issue is a problem for me is to hypocritical... Thats all...
They really don't do all the damage they are touted for, I know so many physicians that use, NOT ABUSE them and they totaly increase the quality of life for men 35+ years.
Good conversation though brother!

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Really how do you resize the photos man??!!

Matt White
03-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I know so many physicians that use, NOT ABUSE them and they totaly increase the quality of life for men 35+ years.
Good conversation though brother!

The steroid use I see in the medical field seems to be with cancer patients...and does give them back some of the vitality that the chemo treatements rob them of......

But the crux of the arguement is "abuse" & "moderation"......the one is an American tradition...the other is exercised by very few people in this life.......

We don't need to ever see another one of our heros laid low...
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/michael_bradley/09/16/drug.survey/p1_alzado_getty.jpg

Agreed...good discussion.....peace

Jimbo5150
03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Right On man!

Photo resize info????

:) I feel like an idiot

Matt White
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Really how do you resize the photos man??!!

LOL Okay....many people ask....since the attachment feature isn't currently activated on the site.......

Resizing involves using Photoshop or some other such program...you can resize any image....

To include an image in a post.....

Find said "image"

Right click on that image

click on "properties"

copy the URL address of the image.....

then...in your post....

then the address

then

VIOLA!

Matt White
03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Right On man!

Photo resize info????

:) I feel like an idiot

Hey...we all learn as we go......

RIKK hooked me up with the info....

and the address will look something like this...http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/2952483261

Bill Lumbergh
03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
"Tarnishes the sport" The SPORT??!!

frets5150
03-22-2007, 12:44 AM
When wrestling was wrestling Nuff said

Benched 565 Deadlifted 705 Remember folks he's only 5'11.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/UntitledD.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/UntitledN.jpg

Jimbo5150
03-22-2007, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt White
[B]LOL Okay....many people ask....since the attachment feature isn't currently activated on the site.......

Thanks Matt, I stopped ot have dinner or would have thanked you right away..

I'm biased to the subject a little too, good debate though Bro