Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

WWE Wrestlers Reportedly Linked to Steroids

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

And here I thought Vince learned his lesson & cleaned up the sport...Tsk Tsk....

Pro wrestler Randy Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs - including stanozolol, nandrolone and testosterone.

AP Sports
    Eleven professional wrestlers, including the WWE's Randy Orton, have joined the list of athletes linked to a nationwide steroids investigation.

Eddie Guerrero's 2005 death was caused by prior anabolic steroid abuse.

SI.com reported Monday that Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs - including stanozolol, nandrolone and testosterone - between March 2004 and August 2004. According to the documents SI.com reviewed, two doctors whose names also appear in Gary Matthews Jr.'s file, wrote prescriptions for Orton.

Orton, through the WWE, declined comment, SI.com said.

In its review of documents, SI.com reported it found Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH from Applied Pharmacy in Mobile, Ala., one of the pharmacies raided in the investigation led by Albany, N.Y., District Attorney David Soares.

Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment, SI.com said.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis told SI.com that WWE policy prohibits performance-enhancing drugs but would not say whether any wrestlers have tested positive since the policy was enacted.

Former WWE champion and 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle has been named in the recent steroid investigation.

A statement release Monday night by WWE said the allegations reported by SI.com occurred before the organization implemented its "Talent Wellness Program," which deems "prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose."

Also linked to the scandal, in various reports, are baseball's Jose Canseco, John Rocker, Jerry Hairston Jr. and David Bell, former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, Pittsburgh Steelers doctor Richard Rydze, 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle and bodybuilder Victor Martinez.

Monday, SI.com also reported Arizona doctor David Wilbirt's name has come up in multiple files, including Angle, Oscar Gutierrez (stage name Rey Mysterio) and former WWE star Eddie Guerrero, who died in 2005.

Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment to SI.com about the report that Wilbirt had prescribed him nandrolone and stanozolol.

Wilbirt told SI.com he's not practicing medicine now.

"I'll tell you one thing and then this conversation is going to end," Wilbirt told SI.com when asked about the professional wrestlers. "They had done blood work and had laboratory work done and they had come to see me."

Arizona doctor David Wilbirt reportedly prescribed Rey Mysterio, pictured, nandrolone and stanozolol.

Do you care if pro wrestlers use steroids?
    No, it's their own body 78%
    Yes, it tarnishes the sport 22%
    Total Votes: 2,390
    Note on Poll Results

Some people never learn..............
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

WWE linked to steroids?

Say it ain`t so.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

TNA should be careful.

They`ve got Scott Steiner on their books and if he`s not juiced up then I`m a Dutchman.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

JA!!!

"Big Papa PUMPED-UP"

"Eddie Guerrero did steroids"....no kidding...I see TONS of 5'7" guys with muscles like that...................silly stuff........

Hard to imagine in this day and age...with the effects of steroids so well documented..........

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White

Hard to imagine in this day and age...with the effects of steroids so well documented..........
          Not really, everyone knows Vince likes the big guys, if you dont believe me just look at the push the talentless Great Kahaki or whatever the fuck his name is, is getting these days, its generally rare for Vince to push the smaller guys, and Vince himself is a walking roid machine, who in their 50's looks like that? I can see why the wrestlers do it, they needs jobs like we all do, very sad state of affairs for sure....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

That dude ... Chris Masters ... these guys are huge and then take time off ... they come back visibly smaller and good ol'JR attributes it to "taking off some weight to get quicker".

Same thing with Sammy Sosa. Yeah, he may be washed anyway, but he took a year off to get the shit out of his system to comeback.

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Speaking of JR, when he leaves the biz he is saying he is going to do a tell all book, that I look forward to, if it really is tell all, I doubt that though, he doesnt much like to talk about wrestlers personal issues in print....Looking forward to Bret Harts book though.....
              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Yeah, Chris Masters, another classic example of Vince and big guys, one of the worst wrestlers to come around in years, he shouldnt even hold a job in the Indy scene, yet he has one in WWE, yet guys that can really wrestle dont get on TV for that loser, masterlock challenge, what a joke....

Comment

• Jimbo5150
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Mar 2007

What a fucking JOKE, only in America can you go to prison for using steroids, why should anyone give a fuck what anyone else thinks they should or shouldn't be doing. People drink, people smoke, WHO FUCKING CARES!!! I NEVER hear about those crazed steriod users out robbing banks or 7/11's to get there "fix", because its not that kind of "drug" its not really a drug at all, hence its LEGALITY everywere else in the world..... Steroids are here to stay people, and guess what all you fucking genius's, they have been for over 50 fucking years, its just one more form of oppression. LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, HOW WOULD WE ALL LIKE IT IF THEY TOLD US ONE DAY ROCK AND ROLL WAS ILLEGAL BECAUSE TO MANY PEOPLE LIKE TO PARTY AT CONCERTS??!!
                  Think about that before you blow me up -I'm fucking correct!!!

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Tell us how you really feel Jimbo....

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

A boy genius!

Glad he's here to set us straight........

HEROIN FOR EVERYONE!!!

Oh yeah....Steroids destory a persons body...and kids look up to these clowns using 'em......

Ah well....who wouldn't want to have nuts the size of peas...and more body hair than George Steel?!?

Comment

• Antman
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Steroids? Yea right. I'll bet your going to tell me wrestling's fake too.
                        When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                          Yeah, Chris Masters, another classic example of Vince and big guys, one of the worst wrestlers to come around in years, he shouldnt even hold a job in the Indy scene, yet he has one in WWE, yet guys that can really wrestle dont get on TV for that loser, masterlock challenge, what a joke....
                          You would think Vince would learn from the days of Lex Luger.

Apparently not.

Masters = Luger of today.

A jacked up, no-talent, piece of crap.

I'd put Batista in that line as well.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                            That dude ... Chris Masters ... these guys are huge and then take time off ... they come back visibly smaller and good ol'JR attributes it to "taking off some weight to get quicker".
                            Same sort of thing happened with Warrior...he was absent for around two months, came back lighter with a haircut and people thought the real UW died and got replaced by an imposter...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              Same sort of thing happened with Warrior...he was absent for around two months, came back lighter with a haircut and people thought the real UW died and got replaced by an imposter...
                              Yeah!

Kerry Von Erich is always the one rumoured to have "replaced" the Warrior.

Ironic, given that Von Erich would himself die, what, a year later?

Kerry couldn`t have ran to the ring like Jim, either, as he had a prosthetic foot.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...