Who's the Best Van Halen Trubute Band ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1978 Fan
    Groupie
    • Feb 2007

Who's the Best Van Halen Trubute Band ? ? ?

Who do think is the best Van Halen Tribute band ? ? ?

I like DIVER DOWN from Dallas, Texas.

Check out DIVER DOWN's cool website over at My Space.com !!

I listened to some of their songs and their balance vocals and guitar, and bass and persussion was good for me.

Personally, I prefer a VH tribute band to get the "music and vocals" right, over any extra-curricula stage antics..... In other words.... I really don't thian that nay "tribute" band can re-create the "personaliies" of VH, not do I look for them to, or expect them to.

In fact, the more a VH tribute band tries to impersonate DLR or Eddie, the more I just laugh !!

Frankly, I just want to hear the great CVH music faithfully and tastefully reproduced in a live setting. That brings the greatest pleasure to me.

1. Music first

2. Stage antics second

And never that reversed.

But, I realise that many fans that never saw VH live, go back again and again because of the antics presented as entertainment, over the delivery of the music.

I would not be in that group....
    Last edited by 1978 Fan; 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM.
    Stay Frosty ! !
  • TVGUY
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2007

So which one of the band members are you?
    Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've only seen the Atomic Punks, and they're pretty damn good. Dave did steal two guitarists from them, and bass player's been known to jump on stage with them now and then, so they have at least half of Van HALEN's approval.

Unfortunately the Punks haven't been around here since 2002. So if Diver Down wants to play somewhere in the greater Puget Sound region, I'll probably check it out.

Might be the closest thing to Van HALEN we'll see this year
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ppg960
        Sniper
        • Dec 2005

Never seen any of them but I've heard the Atomic Punks really have it down to a science.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
          Foot Soldier
          • Aug 2004

Back in the late eighties, early nineties Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto was blessed to have Van Whalen touring the bars. These guys were pretty damn good. They blew away any of the other VH tribute bands touring the bars back then. Probably no comparison to the Atomic Punks but when even VH wasn't playing much CVH live Van Whalen was the band to see (few, if any, McSammy tunes)

However, I might have been drunk for a few years back then and they may have sucked ass.

M
          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

The Atomic Punks.
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

we've gone to get a fix for van halen every time the punks come to phx. for three or four years now. front row singin' as loud as ya can all night long.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

a couple of the guys started a 5150 tribute also now. they are playin' here this friday. NOT GOIN'
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• king daddy
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Apr 2004

The Atomic Punks are incredible!! They will make you feel like you stepped back into 1984 for sure!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

David Lee Roth?

Comment

• Amity75
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2007

Here in Scotland we have "Van Heilin". Saw them last year and they were fantastic. Took the piss out of Hagar a lot too.
                      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7...vesiggywx7.jpg

Comment

• EbDawson
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
                        However, I might have been drunk for a few years back then and they may have sucked ass.

"If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

The Atomic Punks.
                          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2004

"Fair Warning" was much better than the Punks.
                            http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                            Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                            Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• 1978 Fan
                              Groupie
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TVGUY
                              So which one of the band members are you?
                              NONE-- I just think that from what I've seen and heard of the Atomic Punks on their website, that the DLR impersonation just goes too far, in overshadowing the music. Only fucking DLR has a right to be "DLR".... other than that.... I think any VH Tribute band better focus on the music first, and the atnis second.

I will never be impress or amused by anyone trying to be DLR. Only he can do what he does. So, just shut up.... and sing the songs, DLR tribute band singers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                              Stay Frosty ! !

Comment

Working...