PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Boxer tells James IDIOT Inhofe an "Inconvenient Truth"

FORD
03-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Watch it here (http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Download/15531/1/BoxerSmacksdownInhoffe.wmv)

During today's hearings on global warming, global warming denier James Inhofe was asking Al Gore questions, but didn't want to hear the answers because he thought the responses would take "too much time". Barbara Boxer then explained to Inhofe how things work in Senate now.

Boxer: "You're not making the rules. You used to when you did this, you don't do this anymore. Elections have consequences"

Everyone in the chamber appeared to love Boxer's comments also. :D

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
http://jerhad.typepad.com/jerhad/images/boxer_3.jpg

Warham
03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure people like Inhofe deny global warming, I think they are denying the fact that human activity has any significant impact on the ecology of the Earth.

How many years of evidence does Al Gore go by when he makes his claims? 50? 100?

How many times has the temperature of the Earth fluxuated up and down over the last 6,000 years?

Thirty years ago, Time Magazine warned that a period of global cooling was just around the corner and an ice age was imminent.

FORD
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I'm not sure people like Inhofe deny global warming, I think they are denying the fact that human activity has any significant impact on the ecology of the Earth.

If you deny that, then you're as much of an idiot as Inhofe is.

There are three problems in which the last century is different from all time which preceded it.

1)The population has literally doubled since 1900.

2) Extra population leads to extra greenhouse gases, whether from cars, factories, or methane out of a cows ass, because more beef is needed to feed more people.

3) At the same time trees and other oxygen producing plants (i.e. Amazon rainforest) are being clearcut. And even in areas where seedlings are planted to eventually replace the trees, it would be literally centuries before they would produce as much oxygen again.

Not even the Exxon hack "scientists" can dispute those FACTS.

Combat Ready
03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Love the global warming alarmists out there. First off---Global warming would cause the temps to be warmer in the winter, causing less energy to be used to heat your home (if you have one).....Therfore helping the planet to combat global warming in the long run. Now---Go ride your bike to work (if you have a job) and help the cause.....Dumbasses! Or better yet---Stick your head up a cow's ass and do us all a favor!

FORD
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
You already established your idiocy in the other thread. Now kindly fuck off and die.

scamper
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
If Gore gets to be Pres. do you think he'll outlaw NASCAR not because of global warming but just because it's NASCAR. (;)

FORD
03-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by scamper
If Gore gets to be Pres. do you think he'll outlaw NASCAR not because of global warming but just because it's NASCAR. (;)

Given the fact that over 3,000 Americans have died and the rest of us are paying $3.00 a gallon for gas, isn't it a little fucking ridiculous for a bunch of gas hogs to drive around a circle at 180 MPH for several hours??

I realize it's a great method of pacifying rednecks for a little while, but this planet can't afford NASCAR anymore.

And President Gore didn't say that. I did.

Combat Ready
03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry 'bout telling you to stick your head up a cow's ass. That was not very nice.

I just don't buy into the gloom and doom stuff, be it global warming or an upcoming ice age, Y2k bs...etc....etc. We'll all find out down the road.

Happy trails.....

Combat Ready
03-22-2007, 05:18 PM
No problem for Gore to cruise around in his fucking Jet? The hypocrisy is amazing.

Personally--I have no problem with flying, driving a SUV....whatever.

Just don't preach to the masses to change their ways while cruising the world in a jumbo freaking jet. Does that make sense?

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
algore is getting rich off all this Global Warming crap.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM

How many years of evidence does Al Gore go by when he makes his claims? 50? 100?

Several million, and science showing that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere directly corresponds with human activity for the last 14,000 or so of those years, with a huge spike that corresponds with the industrial revolution...

What do you go on? The Old Testament?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

So are corporations enabled by pResident fuckwit...

Jesus dude, are you drunk?

Your responses today are even more moronic than usual...

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Combat Ready
I wish some well-hung stud would globally warm my asshole!

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If you deny that, then you're as much of an idiot as Inhofe is.

There are three problems in which the last century is different from all time which preceded it.

1)The population has literally doubled since 1900.

2) Extra population leads to extra greenhouse gases, whether from cars, factories, or methane out of a cows ass, because more beef is needed to feed more people.

3) At the same time trees and other oxygen producing plants (i.e. Amazon rainforest) are being clearcut. And even in areas where seedlings are planted to eventually replace the trees, it would be literally centuries before they would produce as much oxygen again.

Not even the Exxon hack "scientists" can dispute those FACTS.

I don't believe there are any less trees on the Earth now than there were 100 years ago. I was surprised to learn about two years ago that the state that I live in, NH, was 90% clearcut 100 years ago. Now, NH is about 10% clearcut. Some of it is due to less farming, some to renewing natural resources in the state. I'm sure similar things are happening around this country and others.

A majority of the greenhouse gases the Earth produces are natural. Only 3% is actually caused by the ozone. More than 50%(upwards of 70%) are the product of water vapor.

And Gore spouting off scientific consensus is ridiculous. There was scientific consensus that the world was flat about 1,500 years ago.

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Several million, and science showing that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere directly corresponds with human activity for the last 14,000 or so of those years, with a huge spike that corresponds with the industrial revolution...

What do you go on? The Old Testament?

Several million eh? Who was doing the research back then? Scientists can't even decide what killed the dinosaurs yet they know what happened in the atmosphere millions of years ago. I'm impressed!

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:48 PM

He buys his carbon offsets from a company he owns. He also owns stock in oil and other energy companies.

He should take his own advice and ride a bicycle around the country going from event to event instead of using the gas-guzzling private jets.

FORD
03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't believe there are any less trees on the Earth now than there were 100 years ago.

OK, since Kip's no longer with us, I gotta steal that one for the signature ;)

My GOD, what a ridiculous statement!

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Several million eh? Who was doing the research back then? Scientists can't even decide what killed the dinosaurs yet they know what happened in the atmosphere millions of years ago. I'm impressed!

Oh, I forgot you only believed the earth was 6000 years old.

We all know that caveman hunted the Dinosaurs to extinction shortly before Jesus arrived.

Here's a hint, take a science class one of these days....

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh, I forgot you only believed the earth was 6000 years old.

We all know that caveman hunted the Dinosaurs to extinction shortly before Jesus arrived.

Here's a hint, take a science class one of these days....

You still haven't given a shred of proof that they knew what was going on in the atmosphere a million years ago.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:56 PM
From the Jun 24, 1974, Time Magazine, entitled: "Another Ice Age?"

As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.

Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.

Scientists have found other indications of global cooling. For one thing there has been a noticeable expansion of the great belt of dry, high-altitude polar winds —the so-called circumpolar vortex—that sweep from west to east around the top and bottom of the world. Indeed it is the widening of this cap of cold air that is the immediate cause of Africa's drought. By blocking moisture-bearing equatorial winds and preventing them from bringing rainfall to the parched sub-Sahara region, as well as other drought-ridden areas stretching all the way from Central America to the Middle East and India, the polar winds have in effect caused the Sahara and other deserts to reach farther to the south. Paradoxically, the same vortex has created quite different weather quirks in the U.S. and other temperate zones. As the winds swirl around the globe, their southerly portions undulate like the bottom of a skirt. Cold air is pulled down across the Western U.S. and warm air is swept up to the Northeast. The collision of air masses of widely differing temperatures and humidity can create violent storms—the Midwest's recent rash of disastrous tornadoes, for example.

Sunspot Cycle. The changing weather is apparently connected with differences in the amount of energy that the earth's surface receives from the sun. Changes in the earth's tilt and distance from the sun could, for instance, significantly increase or decrease the amount of solar radiation falling on either hemisphere—thereby altering the earth's climate. Some observers have tried to connect the eleven-year sunspot cycle with climate patterns, but have so far been unable to provide a satisfactory explanation of how the cycle might be involved.

Man, too, may be somewhat responsible for the cooling trend. The University of Wisconsin's Reid A. Bryson and other climatologists suggest that dust and other particles released into the atmosphere as a result of farming and fuel burning may be blocking more and more sunlight from reaching and heating the surface of the earth.

Climatic Balance. Some scientists like Donald Oilman, chief of the National Weather Service's long-range-prediction group, think that the cooling trend may be only temporary. But all agree that vastly more information is needed about the major influences on the earth's climate. Indeed, it is to gain such knowledge that 38 ships and 13 aircraft, carrying scientists from almost 70 nations, are now assembling in the Atlantic and elsewhere for a massive 100-day study of the effects of the tropical seas and atmosphere on worldwide weather. The study itself is only part of an international scientific effort known acronymically as GARP (for Global Atmospheric Research Program).

Whatever the cause of the cooling trend, its effects could be extremely serious, if not catastrophic. Scientists figure that only a 1% decrease in the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface could tip the climatic balance, and cool the planet enough to send it sliding down the road to another ice age within only a few hundred years.

The earth's current climate is something of an anomaly; in the past 700,000 years, there have been at least seven major episodes of glaciers spreading over much of the planet. Temperatures have been as high as they are now only about 5% of the time. But there is a peril more immediate than the prospect of another ice age. Even if temperature and rainfall patterns change only slightly in the near future in one or more of the three major grain-exporting countries—the U.S., Canada and Australia —global food stores would be sharply reduced. University of Toronto Climatologist Kenneth Hare, a former president of the Royal Meteorological Society, believes that the continuing drought and the recent failure of the Russian harvest gave the world a grim premonition of what might happen. Warns Hare: "I don't believe that the world's present population is sustainable if there are more than three years like 1972 in a row."

Warham
03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
OK, since Kip's no longer with us, I gotta steal that one for the signature ;)

My GOD, what a ridiculous statement!

“Tree huggers’” claims of mass de-forestation are completely unfounded based on the numbers. In the early part of the twentieth century, people cut down twice as many trees as they planted; now the United States grows 36 percent more trees than it harvests. Some researchers believe tree numbers are larger today than when Columbus arrived in 1492! In fact, less dependence on wood for fuel and construction has led to a decrease in wood consumption by half since 1900. Look to private conservation efforts, not federal government, for the 86 percent increase in reforestation, which helps create habitat for endangered species. Species like the California Condor are becoming extinct and environmentalists tout the Endangered Species Act for helping the condor and many other species. While the ESA’s sole purpose is to save species, in fact, not one recovered species has been helped by the ESA, according to many experts. Like the California Condor and the Wood Duck, countless species have been saved through the hard working efforts of private individuals and organizations. Robert J. Smith, Senior Environmental Scholar.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/technologyandresearch/a/earthday.htm

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
You still haven't given a shred of proof that they knew what was going on in the atmosphere a million years ago.

You don't have a shred of proof that Jesus ever existed either.

Oh, and BTW, there's a whole fossil record, genius.:)

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
From the Jun 24, 1974, Time Magazine, entitled: "Another Ice Age?"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZzzzzz

Oh, this proves everything!!:)

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:01 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZzzzzz

Oh, this proves everything!!:)

It proves that you should never believe 'scientific consensus'.

30 years from now scientists will probably insists glaciers will be rolling over the United States in a few thousand years.

Remember the boy who cried wolf?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:01 PM
“Tree huggers’” claims of mass de-forestation are completely unfounded based on the numbers. In the early part of the twentieth century, people cut down twice as many trees as they planted; now the United States grows 36 percent more trees than it harvests. Some researchers believe tree numbers are larger today than when Columbus arrived in 1492! In fact, less dependence on wood for fuel and construction has led to a decrease in wood consumption by half since 1900. Look to private conservation efforts, not federal government, for the 86 percent increase in reforestation, which helps create habitat for endangered species. Species like the California Condor are becoming extinct and environmentalists tout the Endangered Species Act for helping the condor and many other species. While the ESA’s sole purpose is to save species, in fact, not one recovered species has been helped by the ESA, according to many experts. Like the California Condor and the Wood Duck, countless species have been saved through the hard working efforts of private individuals and organizations. Robert J. Smith, Senior Environmental Scholar.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/technologyandresearch/a/earthday.htm

LOL Look at the retarded, cherrypicked "facts" presented by a special interest group funded by big oil...

ExxonMobil Stops Funding Competitive Enterprise Institute

CEIExxonMobil is notorious for funding groups that attack global warming science. A recent survey by the Royal Society, “Britain’s premier scientific academy,” found that “ExxonMobil last year distributed $2.9m to 39 groups that the society says misrepresent the science of climate change.”

Exxon may be on the verge however of giving up these efforts. Following the release of Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, the Competitive Enterprise Institute produced television advertisements “that welcomed increased carbon dioxide pollution.”

In response to an inquiry from the Guardian, Exxon announced that the company “stopped funding the Competitive Enterprise Institute this year.” Also, Exxon promised the Royal Society in July that they would “not be providing any further funding” to groups that distort global warming science.

The Royal Society has written Exxon, asking them if they’ve made good on this pledge. You can read the letter here.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/20/exxon-cei/

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
You don't have a shred of proof that Jesus ever existed either.

Well, no, the Bethlehem Hospital doesn't have a copy of his birth certificate on file, but the Good Book's a good place to start your fact-finding. :)

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
LOL Look at the retarded, cherrypicked "facts" presented by a special interest group funded by big oil...

There's no cherrypicking of facts. I gave a source that says there's more trees in the US now than 500 years ago.

Why is that any less believable than sources claiming global warming's been going on since the dawn of human civilization?

And you're telling me that treehuggers aren't a special interest group?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
There's no cherrypicking of facts. I gave a source that says there's more trees in the US now than 500 years ago.

Your source is like going to white supremicists to get the "history of WWII." And they're lying...

Like this:

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/18/new-ads-funded-by-big-oil-portray-global-warming-science-as-smear-campaign-against-carbon-dioxide/

Why is that any less believable than sources claiming global warming's been going on since the dawn of human civilization?

And you're telling me that treehuggers aren't a special interest group?

Remember War, CO2 and global warming is our friend!

Praise Jesus!

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Maybe global warming is our friend! You have any problem with warmer winters?

thinkprogress.org????

Why don't I just post some stuff from Free Republic since we are all using non-biased sites.

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Al Gore talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk.

I know you like to rag on Jesus and all, but he'd be a good example for Big Al to follow.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe global warming is our friend! You have any problem with warmer winters?

thinkprogress.org????

Why don't I just post some stuff from Free Republic since we are all using non-biased sites.

Why don't you just continue to rip them off? Or better yet, use a psuedo-"think tank" that takes payoffs to lie?

BTW, I've noticed that you haven't disputed a single fact they presented...

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Why don't you just continue to rip them off? Or better yet, use a psuedo-"think tank" that takes payoffs to lie?

BTW, I've noticed that you haven't disputed a single fact they presented...

Al Gore owns stock in oil, yet I'm supposed to believe his big talk about using less fossil fuels?

The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Al Gore owns stock in oil, yet I'm supposed to believe his big talk about using less fossil fuels?

The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

LOL You're just tantrum-spamming now/:)

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't think it's spamming if there's truth involved.

Let's talk about that zinc mine he had on his property that was probably spewing all sorts of pollution into the atmosphere.

He's a green guy, that Al Gore.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah, um, your truth is that you, a guy that has a hard time understanding basic scientific facts taught in high school, knows more than scientists?

FORD
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Busheep fudge those tree numbers by counting a 600 year old sequoia and a seedling that Whorehauser planted on a clearcut lot last week as "equal". But that's not at all the case. A seedling will never produce as much oxygen as an old growth tree, because those seedlings will NEVER grow that large again.

Once a forest is eliminated, it's gone for good. You might grow a tree farm in it's place. It may well be a renewable resource, over time, as far as timber goes, but it will never be a "renewable" ecosystem.

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, um, your truth is that you, a guy that has a hard time understanding basic scientific facts taught in high school, knows more than scientists?

I don't have a problem admitting global warming at all.

This isn't about global warming though.

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
A seedling will never produce as much oxygen as an old growth tree, because those seedlings will NEVER grow that large again.

How do you know this?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't have a problem admitting global warming at all.

This isn't about global warming though.

No fool! It's all about global warming. What it is not about is Al Gore...

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
No fool! It's all about global warming. What it is not about is Al Gore...

Well, when your messiah is saying one thing and doing another, it doesn't really look good, know what I'm saying?

If he really believed his message, wouldn't he be cutting the strings by now?

FORD
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
How do you know this?

Uhh, because timber companies don't wait 600 fucking years between harvests?

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Combat Ready
No problem for Gore to cruise around in his fucking Jet? The hypocrisy is amazing.

Personally--I have no problem with flying, driving a SUV....whatever.

Just don't preach to the masses to change their ways while cruising the world in a jumbo freaking jet. Does that make sense?

You have a very simplistic view of gore's ecological agenda.

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 09:21 PM
And Gore spouting off scientific consensus is ridiculous. There was scientific consensus that the world was flat about 1,500 years ago.

So now you show your contempt for science. A dearly held neocon belief.

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
So now you show your contempt for science. A dearly held neocon belief.

:rolleyes:

Geez....

Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon

...and OD doesn't even know what the term means.

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 09:33 PM

The wait's over asshole!

In June of 1999 the latest ice core data from the Vostok site in Antarctica were published by Petit et al in the British journal Nature. These new data extended the historical record of temperature variations and atmospheric concentrations of CO2, methane and other greenhouse trace gases (GTG) back to 420,000 years before present (BP). The ice cores were drilled to over 3,600 meters. This is just over 2.2 miles deep. These new data double the length of the historical record.

http://www.daviesand.com/Choices/Precautionary_Planning/New_Data/

Yes, I see that it's only 420,000 years of data, but that's only because that's how far down they drilled.

Whew, that was nice. I feel good. :D

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Geez....

Seriously dude, you just fuckin said that last week.

Jesus Christ
03-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Al Gore talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk.

I know you like to rag on Jesus and all, but he'd be a good example for Big Al to follow.

I'm a good example for everyone to follow :cool:

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
FORD is not a good example for anyone to follow

Jesus Christ
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Do not put words in My mouth, or ye shalt be cast into the lake of fire!!

Warham
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
You have a very simplistic view of gore's ecological agenda.

Stop making excuses for Al Gore. Your liberalism is showing.

Warham
03-22-2007, 10:26 PM

Geez....

Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon Neocon

And they said I bring up the word Clinton too much.

It's like a broken record.

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Stop making excuses for Al Gore. Your liberalism is showing.

I'm not making excuses and I am liberal on this issue. :rolleyes:

Warham
03-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm not making excuses and I am liberal on this issue. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you are.

You said his evangelicalism isn't that simple.

It is!

ODShowtime
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, you are.

You said his evangelicalism isn't that simple.

It is!

No, I said his "ecological agenda."

Sorry I don't think of everything in terms of saviors and crusades and wars against ideas and behaviors. Because I'm not a fascist NEOCON.

Warham
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
No, I said his "ecological agenda."

Sorry I don't think of everything in terms of saviors and crusades and wars against ideas and behaviors. Because I'm not a fascist NEOCON.

NEOCON....what does that mean? You use it to pretty much describe anyone who doesn't agree with you.

His ecological agenda and his evangelism are one and the same.

He's the current treehuggers' version of Jesus Christ, since they don't believe in the Real Deal.

Satan
03-23-2007, 01:14 AM

He's the current treehuggers' version of Jesus Christ, since they don't believe in the Real Deal.

You're going to be in for a shock when you arrive in Hell. Let's put it this way..... you'll recognize a lot of your neighbors, and they won't all be "liberals". :cool:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Jesus. The Neo Cons suck...

DrMaddVibe
03-23-2007, 06:18 AM
I guess renting Cadillacs and speeding through Oregon while "visiting relatives"(yeah, right!)is the "green" way and leading by example!

ODShowtime
03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
NEOCON....what does that mean? You use it to pretty much describe anyone who doesn't agree with you.

No I don't. I call you BBB and other non-reality types here that term. And I put it in caps here to be ironic since you crybaby bitches are so sad that I use the term. I know it's shameful. Too bad for you.

Both of you mouth breathers have challenged me by saying I repeat the word and that I don't know what it means while you're dancing around the facts. Because you do not have a properly supported, logical argument to counter what I'm saying.

You cannot argue with me effectively by generalizing. You just look incompetent.

ODShowtime
03-23-2007, 08:22 AM

His ecological agenda and his evangelism are one and the same.

Oh, I don't know if you missed it or not, but I totally embarrassed you a couple of posts up by proving your ignorance on science's understanding of ancient atmospheric makeup. What do you have to say about that?

Do YOU know what that means? It means that you're ignorant of the facts pertaining to the debate in which you are participating. Like a child.

I wonder how many other topics you are truly ignorant about whilst flapping your jaws?

scamper
03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Busheep fudge those tree numbers by counting a 600 year old sequoia and a seedling that Whorehauser planted on a clearcut lot last week as "equal". But that's not at all the case. A seedling will never produce as much oxygen as an old growth tree, because those seedlings will NEVER grow that large again.

Once a forest is eliminated, it's gone for good. You might grow a tree farm in it's place. It may well be a renewable resource, over time, as far as timber goes, but it will never be a "renewable" ecosystem.

Now hold on, isn't Al Gore saying that it's ok for him to abuse the environment because he paid money for someone to plant a tree?

Roy Munson
03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
It's the biggest fucking sham in the history of this country.

Buying "carbon offsets?" GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!! WHAT A GOD DAMNED JOKE.

Everytime I see Gore's fat mug on TV, sounding like Forrest fucking Gump, all I can do is laugh hysterically. He's the biggest idiot this nation has ever seen. Lucky for him most Americans are just as stupid as he is.

Shame on that fat piece of shit for starting every diatribe of his with the same old - "The debate is over" crap. THE DEBATE IS NOT OVER. In fact it has barely just begun. I can't believe people buy into this shit.

Hey, all you tree-hugging hippy-commie cockbiters...did you know that EVERY OTHER PLANET IN OUR FUCKING SOLAR SYSTEM HAS ALSO BEEN "WARMING?" Hmmm...I wonder why? BECAUSE THE FUCKING SUN IS GETTING HOTTER YOU STUPID CUNTS!!!!!!!!!

Oh, well...

You know something? I had been thinking about getting rid of my SUV in favor of a car with better mpgs. But Al Gore has pissed me off SO much with this complete fallacy that I think I'm going to keep my SUV. I'm also going to stock up on incandescent lightbulbs and I'm going to quit recycling.

Fuck these people.

Roy Munson
03-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Now hold on, isn't Al Gore saying that it's ok for him to abuse the environment because he paid money for someone to plant a tree?

Yes.

This should be the NEW definition of HYPOCRISY.

That overweight muttonhead is trouncing around the world in his PRIVATE JET ordering the common folk to quit driving their cars, ride their bicycles or walk, turn their lights off, switch to different light bulbs, turn their heat down in their house, and various other degrees of insanity while it's OK for him to do because he BUYS CARBON OFFSETS!!! Come on PEOPLE WAKE THE FUCK UP!! HOW CAN ANYONE TAKE THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY? OMG

I'm gonna go plant a tree so I can drive my Durango up to the grocery store...NUGGA, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!

Roy Munson
03-23-2007, 10:32 AM
It's the SUN, STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM

How many times has the temperature of the Earth fluxuated up and down over the last 6,000 years?

I love this guy. LOVE. Did no one else catch this? "The last 6000 years"? Meaning the Earth isn't millions of years old, dinosaurs only existed as marshmallows in kids cereal, there's no such thing as evolution and on Easter Sunday Jesus won the game winning goal for Jeruselem in the World Cup in water polo on the back of Manna, His giant chocolate bunny.

LOVE.

Warham
03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
I love this guy. LOVE. Did no one else catch this? "The last 6000 years"? Meaning the Earth isn't millions of years old, dinosaurs only existed as marshmallows in kids cereal, there's no such thing as evolution and on Easter Sunday Jesus won the game winning goal for Jeruselem in the World Cup in water polo on the back of Manna, His giant chocolate bunny.

LOVE.

I picked 6,000, because 4,000 BC is usually the time when most archeaologists say human civilization began in Sumeria.

I'd love to see the Sumerian tablets on temperature fluxuations in 4,000 BC.

The rest of paragraph is nonsense. When did I ever say dinosaurs didn't exist??

Come on, get some better ammo.

Warham
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
It's the biggest fucking sham in the history of this country.

Buying "carbon offsets?" GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!! WHAT A GOD DAMNED JOKE.

The best part about it is that he's buying carbon offsets from himself, meaning he's not making any sacrifices.

Warham
03-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Oh, I don't know if you missed it or not, but I totally embarrassed you a couple of posts up by proving your ignorance on science's understanding of ancient atmospheric makeup. What do you have to say about that?

You did?

I missed that embarrassment.

I guess I'll have to use Google to dig up some obscure web pages proving global warming can't be proved by the polar ice caps.

Nickdfresh
03-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I picked 6,000, because 4,000 BC is usually the time when most archeaologists say human civilization began in Sumeria.

I'd love to see the Sumerian tablets on temperature fluxuations in 4,000 BC.

The rest of paragraph is nonsense. When did I ever say dinosaurs didn't exist??

Come on, get some better ammo.

But you do believe that dinosaurs lived next to cavemen, right?:)

Nickdfresh
03-23-2007, 06:50 PM
The best part about it is that he's buying carbon offsets from himself, meaning he's not making any sacrifices.

He's setting an example. The rich that use more should have to pay more. Isn't it simple?

Nickdfresh
03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
You did?

I guess I'll have to use Google to dig up some obscure web pages proving global warming can't be proved by the polar ice caps.

Just check the extremist right wing "think" tank sites that take money from oil companies to spread utter bullshit...

ODShowtime
03-23-2007, 07:15 PM
You did?

No, that was a scientific fact actually. You can tell the climate of the past by analyzing ice cores.

You dispute this? With what evidence?

I forgot that you'd probably have to be paying attention to get embarrassed.

I'm not trying to be mean warham. You're bringing this on yourself.

ODShowtime
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM

By the way, in this thread I wasn't arguing about global warming. I was merely teaching you about how scientists can learn about our atmosphere. You had indicated that the very idea was ludicrous.

scamper
03-25-2007, 09:53 PM
He's setting an example. The rich that use more should have to pay more. Isn't it simple?

How does paying more help the environment?

Roy Munson
03-25-2007, 10:47 PM
How does paying more help the environment?

It doesn't.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/oldredchopper/scam.jpg

DrMaddVibe
03-26-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm buying absolution with more carbon units!!!!!

ULTRAMAN VH
03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
What Al Gore Really Wants
By Robert Tracinski

Al Gore made his triumphant return to Washington on Wednesday to give testimony before Democrat-controlled committees in the House and Senate. He returned, not as a failed presidential candidate, but as an environmentalist prophet. As Senator Barbara Boxer gushed, "You have acted for us. You have acted more than anyone else."

Gore's transformation is remarkable. The stilted, insincere candidate from the 2000 election campaign is gone. The new Gore believes in global warming the way the pope believes in Catholicism--indeed, possibly more so--and he comes across as sincere and impassioned. While the sincerity may be doubtful (as we shall see below) the passion is definitely real. But what is it a passion for?

What does Al Gore really want?

To be sure, Gore's testimony had the faults of all sermons. It tended to pile too many analogies on top of one another and to veer into the maudlin. Gore made repeated appeals to the ideals and virtues of "our grandparents"--showing what hidebound conservatives all of these liberals really are under the surface--and under hostile questioning from Republican Rep. Joe Barton, Gore produced a metaphor so maudlin and simplistic that it ought to disqualify him from being taken seriously on any scientific subject:

The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say "I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem." You take action.
And this is also where Gore's honesty comes into question: the line about a "science-fiction novel" is a reference to Michael Crichton's State of Fear, a thriller in which global-warming alarmists are the heavies. By pretending that the only opposition to his claims comes from a single novelist, Gore is attempting to evade the fact that there are many distinguished scientists who reject his global warming hysteria. As an antidote to this evasion, I strongly recommend viewing the British documentary "The Great Global Warming Swindle," which interviews some of these scientists and explodes the myth that global warming is "settled science."

But Gore's exaggerated scientific claims are just cover for his real agenda.

Most reports on his testimony have neglected to mention the most important thing Gore said. Here is my transcription of the crucial passage, starting about four minutes into Gore's House testimony:

America is the natural leader of the world, and our world faces a true planetary emergency. I know the phrase sounds shrill, and I know it's a challenge to the moral imagination to see and feel and understand that the entire relationship between humanity and our planet has been radically altered. [Emphasis added.]
Get that? The real issue here isn't about carbon dioxide or global temperature readings or coal-burning power plants or federal fuel efficiency standards. It's about mankind's relationship to nature.

This is not new; it is what has motivated Al Gore from the beginning. His 1992 book Earth in the Balance is subtitled "Ecology and the Human Spirit." In that book, he wrote about the alleged loss of "a sense of purpose in life." Projecting his personal crisis onto civilization in general, Gore diagnosed modern man's desire for material prosperity as a dangerous neurosis: "We retreat into the seductive tools and technologies of industrial civilization, but that only creates new problems as we become increasingly isolated from one another and disconnected from our roots." So the solution is to curtail industrial civilization and get back to our pre-industrial "roots." Global warming is just the scientific excuse for this quasi-religious agenda.

So what does this mean? Listen to what Gore claims are the factors that require us to change our relationship with nature. From his House testimony:

We quadrupled human population in less than one century, from 1.6 billion in 1900 to 6.5 billion today.... Having multiplied by four the number of people on this planet..., that in itself causes a big change in the relationship between humanity and the planet.
So Gore's global warming hysteria is really just a rehash of the old "population explosion" scare. In the 1970s, environmentalists predicted that an expanding global population would lead, by the end of the century, to mass starvation and shortages of oil and other natural resources. This claim was famously proven wrong--so as a fallback, the environmentalists have to claim that "overpopulation" is leading to a warmer climate, a proposition that is slightly harder to disprove.

But it's not just the size of the human population Gore is worried about. He goes on to name a second factor that requires us to alter our relationship with the earth:

Our technologies are thousands of times more powerful than any our grandparents had at their disposal. And so even though we're more skillful and more effective in doing the things we've always done, exploiting the earth for sustenance, providing for our families, and going about productive lives, the side-effects of what we're doing sometimes now outstrip the development of extra wisdom to make sure that we handle these new powers in a way that doesn't do unintended harm.
So that very fact that we are "much more skillful and more effective" at "exploiting the earth" to live "productive lives"--in short, the fact of our enormous, unprecedented prosperity--is the reason we have to fear that we are doing "unintended harm."

This, then, is the essence of Gore's complaint: there are too many humans and they are too well off.

Gore can fix that. He ends his speech by calling, among other things, for an immediate freeze on carbon dioxide emissions--which is to say, an immediate freeze on the generation of additional power--to be enforced by massive new "carbon taxes." On this proposal, he piggybacks the whole leftist welfare-state agenda, demanding that most of the money from these carbon taxes be "earmarked" for "those in lower income groups."

He concludes by saying that his plan will "discourage pollution while encouraging work." That's a very pleasant way to describe a global economic collapse into the unrewarded drudgery of a pre-industrial lifestyle.

This is what the Democratic victory in the last election has unleashed, and given Gore's surprising new skill at promoting his message, it looks like things are going to get worse before cooler heads can prevail and break the global warming fever.

But Al Gore is not getting it all his own way. In New York's Newsday, Ellis Hennican describes a three-on-three debate held last week in New York City, in which opponents of the global warming hysteria--including that meddling novelist Michael Crichton, along with distinguished British scientist Phillip Stott and MIT's Richard Lindzen--took on some of the scare's defenders. The interesting things about this debate is that the organizers polled the audience before and after the event. The result? The number of people who thought that global warming is a "crisis" dropped from 57% to 42%.

That's why folks like Al Gore have to keep claiming that there is an iron-clad "consensus" on global warming and that the debate is "over"--because the moment the debate on the scientific merits of global warming is actually allowed to begin, the alarmists start to lose.

Al Gore is trying to dragoon science in an attempt to win over converts who don't share his sense of personal spiritual crisis and don't find his anti-industrial moral vision compelling. But the moment people see through his charade--and realize that what Gore is really pushing is a not a scientific campaign against "pollution" but a quasi-religious crusade against industrial civilization--his campaign will collapse.

Note: In the third to last paragraph, Richard Lindzen was identified as "Harvard University's Richard Lindzen." This should have been "MIT's Richard Lindzen" and has been corrected in the above.

Robert Tracinski writes daily commentary at TIADaily.com. He is the editor of The Intellectual Activist and TIADaily.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.realclearpolitics.com

FORD
03-26-2007, 02:23 PM
But you do believe that dinosaurs lived next to cavemen, right?:)

Of course...

The dinosaurs' problem was that they were too big for Noah's Ark.

So they all drowned :(

ODShowtime
03-26-2007, 09:09 PM
He concludes by saying that his plan will "discourage pollution while encouraging work." That's a very pleasant way to describe a global economic collapse into the unrewarded drudgery of a pre-industrial lifestyle.

that's funny

Roy Munson
03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
that's funny

Hey...Gump happens.

:D

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH

Gore can fix that. He ends his speech by calling, among other things, for an immediate freeze on carbon dioxide emissions--which is to say, an immediate freeze on the generation of additional power--to be enforced by massive new "carbon taxes." On this proposal, he piggybacks the whole leftist welfare-state agenda, demanding that most of the money from these carbon taxes be "earmarked" for "those in lower income groups."

www.realclearpolitics.com

Bingo!

If you can't see that "president algore" wants to scare us into making the government bigger than ever through taxation and furthering the liberal agenda of a welfare state, you're an idiot...

algore's no fool...

He knows exactly what he's up to...

I work with a bunch of not-so-educated people who know crap about global warming except for what they saw in that crazy movie, and they believe it!!!

We're doomed...

:elvis:

FORD
03-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Elvis, do you want this poor little Christian polar bear to be homeless? :(

http://www.tkstoystand.com/IMAGE1/UNIVERSAL/ud_sz_pioc_remember_27292.jpg

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 05:15 AM
What are you talking about ??

Roy Munson
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Bingo!

If you can't see that "president algore" wants to scare us into making the government bigger than ever through taxation and furthering the liberal agenda of a welfare state, you're an idiot...

algore's no fool...

He knows exactly what he's up to...

I work with a bunch of not-so-educated people who know crap about global warming except for what they saw in that crazy movie, and they believe it!!!

We're doomed...

:elvis:

Amen, brother.