PDA

View Full Version : Holy Fuck!! Cheney says BCE will try to nullify 22nd Ammendment!!!

FORD
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Cheney: Bush Administration May Challenge 22nd Amendment in 2008 Election.

JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina. — Vice President Cheney delivered a speech early Sunday morning before a formation of soldiers at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. The speech was not publicized and the prepared remarks were intended to boost troop morale. The comments were fairly unremarkable except for one short comment near the end of the speech in which Mr. Cheney suggested that the Bush Administration may seek to challenge the 22nd amendment in the 2008 presidential election in an effort to ensure that the war in Iraq is successful.

Mr. Cheney again cited the war in Iraq as a key component in the effort to combat terrorism, saying "The war in Iraq is such a crucial part of the greater war on terror that we currently have our legal advisors looking into the possibility that the 22nd Amendment may not apply in 2008."

Because the speech was not publicized and was held on a secure military base, very few journalists were present, and none were able to ask questions about what the Vice President's comments might mean. Repeated efforts to contact the Vice President's Office to clarify the comment were unsuccessful.

The 22nd Amendment to the Constitution prohibits U.S. Presidents from running for a third term, stating "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice...". The 22nd Amendment was passed in 1951 after President Franklin Roosevelt broke a tradition that dated back to George Washington, in which Presidents voluntarily refused to run for a third term.

Political pundits and Constitutional experts are split on what the Vice President's comments could mean. Some see the comments as an effort to extend the Administration's "war powers" due to the fact that the country is at war. They argue that there is a tenuous case to be made that the 22nd Amendment doesn't apply during war time since the Congress waited until after WW II to introduce such an Amendment. Others say that the mere fact that the country had just ended the war in 1951, when the Amendment was passed, suggests that the Congress would have put such an exception into the language of the Amendment if they had intended it not apply during times of war.

Others say that the Bush Administration will argue that the 2000 race was not actually decided by an election and that the Bush administration has technically only been "elected" once since the Supreme Court's Decision in Bush v. Gore effectively nullified the popular vote. Anonymous sources inside the White House have corroborated that this may indeed be the Administration's plan.

Arguing that it was not actually elected would be a very interesting approach for the administration to say the least, but most experts agree that it is certainly possible given the Bush administration's history of creative interpretation of the law with regard to such cases as:
# the assertion that The Geneva Conventions do not apply to U.S. detainees captured on the battlefield,
# suggestions that the legal definition of "torture" only includes activities that cause death or organ failure,
# the argument that U.S. Citizens do not have a right to "due process" if declared "enemy combatants", which was recently rejected by the Supreme Court,
# Attorney General Albert Gonzales's testimony before Congress that the Constitution doesn't guarantee U.S. Citizens a right to Habeas Corpus,
# The Administration's claim that the FISA law does not apply to their warrantless wire taps of Americans.

Critics of the Administration argue that these cases are all the proof needed to believe that The Bush Administration would try to argue that its own victory in 2000 demonstrates that it could run for a third term in 2008.

Is CHIMPEACHMENT back on the fucking table yet???

Link (Cheney: Bush Administration May Challenge 22nd Amendment in 2008 Election.)

Nickdfresh
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
You really think Bushleague wants a third term, Ford?

FORD
04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Why would Dickless say such a thing if they didn't?

And yes I do think so. They haven't implemented the entire PNAC agenda yet.

Nickdfresh
04-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, far be it from Cheney to make delusional, retarded statements completely disconnected from reality in the face of irony::D

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/uploads/cheney_baghdad_dick.jpg

FORD
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
But you must remember that reality isn't even a barrier to the neocons.....

Bush himself, on more than one occasion, has told reporters he does not read their work and prefers to live inside the information bubble blown by his loyal minions. Vice President Cheney feels free to kick the New York Times off his press plane, and John Ashcroft can refuse to speak with any print reporters during his Patriot-Act-a-palooza publicity tour, just to compliant local TV. As an unnamed Bush official told reporter Ron Suskind, "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality--judiciously, as you will--we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do." For those who didn't like it, another Bush adviser explained, "Let me clue you in. We don't care. You see, you're outnumbered two to one by folks in the big, wide middle of America, busy working people who don't read the New York Times or Washington Post or the LA Times."

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050509/alterman

BITEYOASS
04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm surprised Dick didn't quote The Stooges by saying "My idea of fun, is killing everyone." :rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Link (Cheney: Bush Administration May Challenge 22nd Amendment in 2008 Election.)

Linky no worky...

FORD
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Shit.... don't know what happenned there, but it was the New York Times, not "Conspiracy Web Digest" or whatever.

Little Texan
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Even if they were somehow able to succeed in getting that ammendment repealed, and able to run for a third term, are they delusional enough to think they would actually be re-re-elected, once again, after all that has went down the past few years, and with Bush's approval rating what it is right now? No way in HELL is that going to happen! They would have to rig an awful lot of Diebold voting machines...

FORD
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
They weren't elected the first 2 times and that didn't stop them. :(

I don't buy it anyway. I don't believe this sickening motherfucker got 50% of the vote in 2004, and I don't believe his approval rating was EVER over 30%, except for maybe a week after 9-11-01 where a bunch of freaked out people were ready to rally around anyone, even a moron.

We know the elections are corrupt. We have just been led to believe it's "minimal".

And who knows HOW they come up with these poll numbers.

Bottom line is, I simply have not seen anything (other than posts on the Internet) that ever made a case for Chimpy having half the country (or more) behind him.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
It'll never happen. not with their approval numbers and with nancy pelosi watching over them.

then again, if an attack occurred again on american soil, who knows how the country would swing?

Nickdfresh
04-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Time to call Waxman!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/05/04/PH2005050402258.jpg

Steve Savicki
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
senility & craziness combined!

Steve Savicki
04-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
senility & craziness combined!
By his actions. Since Cheney is in control anyways, he should've just run for President himself in '08. In my opinion, he's made a bigger fool of himself suggesting to stay vice for a third term, something that hasn't happened in years.

sadaist
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
You spin quite a yarn ford.

ODShowtime
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
interesting

knuckleboner
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
there is NO way this is real. none. no chance.

Others say that the Bush Administration will argue that the 2000 race was not actually decided by an election and that the Bush administration has technically only been "elected" once since the Supreme Court's Decision in Bush v. Gore effectively nullified the popular vote. Anonymous sources inside the White House have corroborated that this may indeed be the Administration's plan.

the bush administration said that the legal team is going to argue that bush wasn't actually elected in 2000, so it's not against the constitution if he holds office in 2004 and 2008? laughable. especially because it DIRECTLY CONFLICTS WITH THE AMENDMENT:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, [b]and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.[b]
22nd amendment (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.amendmentxxii.html)

seriously, whoever made up this article was having fun, but had very, very little knowledge of the 22nd amendment. and was too stupid to actually look it up.

Guitar Shark
04-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Dammit kb... I was hoping FORD would post the "real" link before you saw this. :D

FORD
04-06-2007, 12:45 AM
It was a New York Times article, but they must have yanked it (under BCE pressure) because I can't find it now.

And I agree, it would violate the amendment. But then the BCE has referred to the Constitution as merely "a goddamned piece of paper", so what would they care about something like that?

knuckleboner
04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Dammit kb... I was hoping FORD would post the "real" link before you saw this. :D

sorry. but, you gotta give me some heads up, then. con law always gets my juices flowing and sometimes i just can't help myself...;)

Steve Savicki
04-06-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.newyourketimes.com/content/article76649.html

FORD, it's a dud:

http://www.newyourketimes.com/content/article76649.html

JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina. April 1 - April Fools

Still, FORD may have enlightened the Busheep with some of his thoughts:

"I don't believe this sickening motherfucker got 50% of the vote in 2004, and I don't believe his approval rating was EVER over 30%, except for maybe a week after 9-11-01 where a bunch of freaked out people were ready to rally around anyone, even a moron.

We know the elections are corrupt. We have just been led to believe it's "minimal".

And who knows HOW they come up with these poll numbers.

Bottom line is, I simply have not seen anything (other than posts on the Internet) that ever made a case for Chimpy having half the country (or more) behind him.

And that's no foolin'...

Guitar Shark
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
FORD got fooled!

I guess the BCE didn't put pressure on the Times after all. Amazing!

But what if the "New Yourke Times" is actually a BCE creation?? Now THAT would be something!

;)

FORD
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
The point here is that such an article wouldn't have been taken seriously AT ALL anytime before 12/12/2000.

Just because this article was a fake doesn't mean they haven't thought about it.

Anyway, that's what happens when you post articles in a hurry on your lunch break :(

FORD
04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

But what if the "New Yourke Times" is actually a BCE creation?? Now THAT would be something!

;)

Turns out that it might be after all. Because who ever owns the domain, they don't want you to know who it is. (http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=www.newyourketimes.com&email=on)

And that usually indicates that somebody has something to hide. ;)

Blackflag
04-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Only a dude permanently wearing a tin foil hat would fall for that.

FORD
04-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Only a dude permanently wearing a tin foil hat would fall for that.

Eight years ago, I might have agreed with you. But eight years ago, you wouldn't have believed it if I told you half the shit that these criminals WOULD get away with, either.

Political satire is dead, thanks to the BCE, because the reality has been twice as bizarre.

Witness this article from the Onion published shortly before the Chimp took office.......

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

January 17, 2001 | Issue 37•01

WASHINGTON, DC–Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W. Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over."

nation nightmare

President-elect Bush vows that "together, we can put the triumphs of the recent past behind us."

"My fellow Americans," Bush said, "at long last, we have reached the end of the dark period in American history that will come to be known as the Clinton Era, eight long years characterized by unprecedented economic expansion, a sharp decrease in crime, and sustained peace overseas. The time has come to put all of that behind us."

Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the street.

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level armed conflict in the next four years.

"You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is the point of even having a military?"

On the economic side, Bush vowed to bring back economic stagnation by implementing substantial tax cuts, which would lead to a recession, which would necessitate a tax hike, which would lead to a drop in consumer spending, which would lead to layoffs, which would deepen the recession even further.

Wall Street responded strongly to the Bush speech, with the Dow Jones industrial fluctuating wildly before closing at an 18-month low. The NASDAQ composite index, rattled by a gloomy outlook for tech stocks in 2001, also fell sharply, losing 4.4 percent of its total value between 3 p.m. and the closing bell.

Asked for comment about the cooling technology sector, Bush said: "That's hardly my area of expertise."

Turning to the subject of the environment, Bush said he will do whatever it takes to undo the tremendous damage not done by the Clinton Administration to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He assured citizens that he will follow through on his campaign promise to open the 1.5 million acre refuge's coastal plain to oil drilling. As a sign of his commitment to bringing about a change in the environment, he pointed to his choice of Gale Norton for Secretary of the Interior. Norton, Bush noted, has "extensive experience" fighting environmental causes, working as a lobbyist for lead-paint manufacturers and as an attorney for loggers and miners, in addition to suing the EPA to overturn clean-air standards.

Bush had equally high praise for Attorney General nominee John Ashcroft, whom he praised as "a tireless champion in the battle to protect a woman's right to give birth."

"Soon, with John Ashcroft's help, we will move out of the Dark Ages and into a more enlightened time when a woman will be free to think long and hard before trying to fight her way past throngs of protesters blocking her entrance to an abortion clinic," Bush said. "We as a nation can look forward to lots and lots of babies."

nation nightmare jump

Soldiers at Ft. Bragg march lockstep in preparation for America's return to aggression.

Continued Bush: "John Ashcroft will be invaluable in healing the terrible wedge President Clinton drove between church and state."

The speech was met with overwhelming approval from Republican leaders.

"Finally, the horrific misrule of the Democrats has been brought to a close," House Majority Leader Dennis Hastert (R-IL) told reporters. "Under Bush, we can all look forward to military aggression, deregulation of dangerous, greedy industries, and the defunding of vital domestic social-service programs upon which millions depend. Mercifully, we can now say goodbye to the awful nightmare that was Clinton's America."

"For years, I tirelessly preached the message that Clinton must be stopped," conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh said. "And yet, in 1996, the American public failed to heed my urgent warnings, re-electing Clinton despite the fact that the nation was prosperous and at peace under his regime. But now, thank God, that's all done with. Once again, we will enjoy mounting debt, jingoism, nuclear paranoia, mass deficit, and a massive military build-up."

An overwhelming 49.9 percent of Americans responded enthusiastically to the Bush speech.

"After eight years of relatively sane fiscal policy under the Democrats, we have reached a point where, just a few weeks ago, President Clinton said that the national debt could be paid off by as early as 2012," Rahway, NJ, machinist and father of three Bud Crandall said. "That's not the kind of world I want my children to grow up in."

"You have no idea what it's like to be black and enfranchised," said Marlon Hastings, one of thousands of Miami-Dade County residents whose votes were not counted in the 2000 presidential election. "George W. Bush understands the pain of enfranchisement, and ever since Election Day, he has fought tirelessly to make sure it never happens to my people again."

Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

"The insanity is over," Bush said. "After a long, dark night of peace and stability, the sun is finally rising again over America. We look forward to a bright new dawn not seen since the glory days of my dad."

When that article was published, it was considered over the top satire and we all laughed at the ridiculousness of it.

But hasn't Chimpy actually DONE everything mentioned in that "satirical" article??

From there, shredding yet another part of the Constitution really doesn't look that unlikely.........

Hardrock69
04-12-2007, 02:18 AM
SEIG HEIL!!!
:mad:

Little Texan
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow, it's as if Nostradamus, himself, wrote that article! (Except for the fact that it wasn't written in quatrains, of course.) Scary accurate!

Blackflag
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Eight years ago...

Despite your tin foil hat, you actually had a good response...

hideyoursheep
04-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Despite your tin foil hat, you actually had a good response...

WHAT?!?!?! I thought it was the required headgear for the frontline!!!!

*wads up tinfoil hat and throws it in trash*

studly hungwell
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Jesus, chimpy must be a criminal mastermind....or, is he stupid? Which is it? Is he a dummy or a genius? You can't have it both ways.

As far as Pelosi overseeing the administration....she can't even convey a message from the Isrealis accurately. I mean think about it....she talks to Isreal.....goes to Syria....and forgets what Isreal says....so, she makes some shit up and flies it as truth. That is a dumb person in action. Place your faith in her, dummies.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
FORD, no offense dudem but you seem to be getting sucker-punched an awful lot these days.

I dfon't know who looks worse, Cheney's predictions of the insurgency being in its last throes, or your reporting...

Nitro Express
04-17-2007, 12:13 AM
It won't happen Ford. I remember watching a very smug Dick Chenney on Meet the Press telling Tim Russert he was confident the Republicans would control Congress after the last election. Dick Chenney is an errogant and isolated man. He has to be one of the most hated politicians I have ever seen in my life.

The Democrats have Congress now and the Republicans are getting tired of the Bush arrogance. Only the Mormons at BYU still like Dick Chenney and he's even going to get protests there when he speaks.

Nitro Express
04-17-2007, 12:19 AM
The Democrats didn't win congress because they were brilliant. They won because Bush/Chenney pissed off their own Republican base so bad rednecks in Montana voted Democrat. It's true.

bueno bob
04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Hate to say I told ya so...but I was talking about this being a VERY REAL possibility about a year and a half back...

knuckleboner
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Hate to say I told ya so...but I was talking about this being a VERY REAL possibility about a year and a half back...

a real possibility of somebody posting a fake news story?...