PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash's Mansion on Fire

Ally_Kat
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Johnny Cash's Mansion on Fire

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. — Firefighters were battling flames in a major fire at the home of the late country singer Johnny Cash on Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.

No injuries were reported.

Dispatchers said all but one of the city's engines had responded to the fire in the suburb northeast of Nashville.

Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, lived at the home until their deaths in 2003.

The lakefront property was purchased by Barry Gibb, a member of the Bee Gees, in January 2006.

Hendersonville Fire Department officials said construction crews were working there when the fire started. The cause was unknown.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Apr10/0,4670,CashHomeFire,00.html

Ally_Kat
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Fire Reported at Johnny Cash Tenn. Home

(04-10) 13:46 PDT Hendersonville, Tenn. (AP) --

Firefighters were battling flames Tuesday afternoon in a major fire at the home of the late country singer Johnny Cash.

Dispatchers said all but one of the city's engines had responded to the fire in the suburb northeast of Nashville.

No injuries were reported.

Hendersonville Fire Department officials said construction crews were working at the house when the fire started. The cause is unknown.

Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, lived at the house until their deaths in 2003.

The property was purchased by Barry Gibb, a member of the Bee Gees, in January 2006. Gibb and his wife, Linda, had said they planned to restore the home on Old Hickory Lake and hoped to write songs there.

Gibb's spokesman, Paul Bloch, said the 60-year-old singer and his family are "both saddened and devastated by the news."

Bloch declined to release further details about the house or the fire.

While the Cashes lived there, the 13,880-square-foot house, about 20 miles northeast of downtown Nashville, was visited by everyone from U.S. presidents to ordinary fans.

Johnny Cash's musical career began in the 1950s and spanned rock 'n' roll, folk and country. His hits included "Ring of Fire,""Folsom Prison Blues" and "I Walk the Line."

The Bee Gees are best known for their disco hits of the late 1970s such as "Night Fever" and "Jive Talkin'."

Ally_Kat
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Headline News reports the mansion was totally destroyed by the fire

DrMaddVibe
04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Ring of fire

Hardrock69
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Holy SHIT! I do cabinet design work for a guy who did some work on that place last fall!

I ended up not being able to do any direct work with it because I was in Seattle on vacation at the time.....

Wow......

:eek:

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I hope Johnny didn't get hurt.

FORD
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
It's too bad that the house burned down, and that a firefighter was injured, but this is the way one of the Oak Ridge Boys put it...

"Maybe this is the Good Lord's way of saying he only wanted it to be Johnny's house"

Which basically means, "We don't want that guy who screams like his balls are caught in a vice-grip" living in our neighborhood"

Fucking Bee Gees in Johnny's house.... talk about a "Tragedy"!

Mr. Vengeance
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Sucks....that was a historical landmark. Johnny recorded there and filmed the video for Hurt there....

Matt White
04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Sad news

VanHalener
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry about the house Mr Cash. R.I.P.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdF6M2FBKG4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdF6M2FBKG4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
04-11-2007, 05:48 AM
barry gibb in johnny's house? no way...burn it down, johnny...burn it down...

bueno bob
04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
They oughta rebuild it and turn it into a museum...or something...

I'd be interested.

Hardrock69
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I spoke with the guy I was supposed to do the design work for...he only lives 10 minutes from there, and could see the fire engines and smoke...

He said when you walked around the house it had a serious "vibe" about it...he said especially in Johnny's bedroom.

He also said he had some pieces of trim at his shop that he was using as templates to create trim that matched the original stuff.

I told him he oughta hang on to it, as he now had a piece of history. He joked that he could probably get big bucks for it on ebay.

It fucking sucks.
:(

But yeah....better that Barry Gibb not EVEN be allowed to live there. :mad:

Jesus Christ
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by FORD
It's too bad that the house burned down, and that a firefighter was injured, but this is the way one of the Oak Ridge Boys put it...

"Maybe this is the Good Lord's way of saying he only wanted it to be Johnny's house"

Uhhhhh...... well it's like..... nah, I'm gonna have to take the 5th on this one :D !!