PDA

View Full Version : New LED ZEPPELIN roller coaster

Tiki-Tom
04-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Damn, I was hoping to get a Van Halen ride. They really deserve one
as they know much more than any band about the concept of up's downs, twists and hair pin turns.
Coming soon to my zip code.............................

Gene Sloan of USA Today reports: First AEROSMITH gets its own theme-park ride. Now LED ZEPPELIN. The creators of the Hard Rock theme park, under construction in Myrtle Beach, S.C., will announce details today of the park's signature ride: a 150-foot-tall steel roller coaster with a LED ZEPPELIN theme (see artist's rendering of the roller coaster and the Hard Rock theme park in Myrtle Beach, S.C.).The looping attraction is one of more than 40 rock 'n' roll-themed amusements planned for the 140-acre theme park. It's scheduled to open in spring 2008.

The park, built by private investors under license from Hard Rock International, which operates 123 Hard Rock Cafes and eight Hard Rock Hotels, is the first major new park planned for the USA in nearly a decade. As on the AEROSMITH coaster, which made its debut in 1999 at the Disney-MGM Studios park near Orlando, riders on ZEPPELIN will experience a musical immersion from speakers.

"LED ZEPPELIN are the icons of hard-rock music," says the park's CEO, Steven Goodwin. "Parents and kids alike can relate to the band's music."

http://images.usatoday.com/travel/_photos/2007/04/13/ledzeppelinx-large.jpg

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/multimedia/myrtlebeachonline/KRT_packages/archive/mm/hardrocklook/images/hrp6.jpg

Tiki-Tom
04-13-2007, 04:12 AM
The 140-acre Hard Rock Park is scheduled to open in April 2008. Tickets will sell for $46. The park will have six areas catering to different genres and feature such rides as Maximum RPM! - a convertible car-coaster that races to 1980s new age hits.

The Magical Mystery Tour bus - a psychedelic relic that toted the Beatles around Liverpool in the 1967 flim by the same name - will be the first piece of rock 'n' roll history to call the future Hard Rock Park home.

Not to sure how well this will work but we shall see soon enough.
For $46 a head, the fuckin' place better have lennon's dead ass riding in the back of the "Magical Mystery Tour" bus. this park better kick some serious ass.

A conceptual rendering of the future Hard Rock Park.
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/multimedia/myrtlebeachonline/KRT_packages/archive/mm/hardrocklook/images/hrp5.jpg

fryingdutchman
04-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
Damn, I was hoping to get a Van Halen ride. They really deserve one
as they know much more than any band about the concept of up's downs, twists and hair pin turns.

It's probably just as well that there isn't one.

Considering the trainwreck that VH has become, I'd be scared to ride it for fear that it would keep breaking down and leave people hanging upside down.

Much like VH has done to their fans for a long time now...

CROWBAR
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Considering the trainwreck that VH has become, I'd be scared to ride it for fear that it would keep breaking down and leave people hanging upside down.

Much like VH has done to their fans for a long time now... [/B]

No kidding!

VanHalener
04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
I'd be affraid to ride a Van Halen roller coaster. The seats would have automatic "Hagar Reach Around" crotch holders that keep you in your seat.

No thanks

ThrillsNSpills
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman

[/B]

Exactly.
It would be the first coaster the tries to put wool on you midway.

SparkieD
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm really into roller coasters, and if they don't do something a bit different, that one's gonna be one lame pansy-ass piece of shit. I was hoping for something along the lines of Kingda Ka, Sheikra, or Kraken in my neck of the woods.

Being that Kiss has, for some strange reason, found an affinity for my fair city, I'm sure there will be a Kiss-themed ride in that park. It will be the one that keeps its passengers inverted so all the contents of their pockets falls into some gigantic black hole that warps over to Chaim's bank account. No doubt the scariest ride out there:rolleyes:

ThrillsNSpills
04-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd ride it if they cranked Royal Orleans !

One time love, take care how you use it
Try to make it last all night, And if you take your pick
Be careful how you choose it, Sometimes its hard to feel it bite
Feel it bite.

A man I know, went down to Louisiana,
had himself a bad, bad fight
And when the sun peeked through
John Cameron with Suzanna,
He kissed the whiskers, left & right
Whiskers!

Now, now, now, fright subsides
Out at a hotel in the quarter, our friends check in to pass the night
Now love gets hot, but fire preceded water
Poor whiskers set the room alight.
Whiskers!

Down on Bourbon street, You know it's right
You can see my friend, they run around all through the night
Most everywhere, Until the closet's bare
Run for the razor, Doin' up my hair

New Orleans queens, Sure know how to schmooze it
Maybe for some that seems alright
When I step out, strut down with my sugar
She'd best not talk like Barry White!

One time love, take care how you use it
Try to make it last all night, And if you take your pick
Be careful how you choose it, Sometimes its hard to feel it bite
Feel it bite.

DrMaddVibe
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's the new Van Halen ride.

http://surlezinc.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/crash_test_volvo_opt.jpg

sadaist
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Be sure to check out the Great White ride. It's hot!

chi-town324
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Be sure to check out the Great White ride. It's hot! :D