X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

"Rules" of religion changed again

When are more people going to wake up to the religion scam.

Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not a Catholic or a big fan of the guy currently wearing the Pope hat, but this is a reasonable move. If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• The_KiD
      Commando
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by FORD
      I'm not a Catholic or a big fan of the guy currently wearing the Pope hat, but this is a reasonable move. If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.
      Well Said.. I agree completely!

Cheers,

KiD

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The Catholic scam was the brainchild of a politician named Constantine. He decided there were enough Christians in the Roman Empire that if he rallied them behind his cause, he could become emporer.

So he cooked up a grand story of seeing the cross during a battle and organized the council of Nicea to iron out the details on his new people control mechanism or as many say a relligion.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.
          True but the point is that if people go to a heavan or a hell or whereever when they die it is not up to a Pope or anybody else for that matter to make that call for everyone.
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• smithcreww
            Groupie
            • Apr 2007

Everyone should understand no matter what you will not go to hell. religion is not about going to church on sunday. It is about believing in your choice of religion and being happy. If you are stressing about going to church, bringing the kids etc, stay home, go do something fun, enjoy life. Religion will follow.
            THE WORD OF THE DAY IS PATIENCE, PLEASE HAVE SOME AND I WILL CALL
            YOU BACK! NO JUST KIDDING, I WON'T!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
              True but the point is that if people go to a heavan or a hell or whereever when they die it is not up to a Pope or anybody else for that matter to make that call for everyone.
              Officially, the Catholics believe that it IS. The Pope is seen as a "stand in" for Christ, and therefore infallible.

Now as to how many 21st century practicing Catholics actually look at the man that way, that's another story. I know if they tried that shit in the Baptist church I grew up in, I would have laughed in their faces, and told them I didn't need their help, when I'd be better off forming my own church and being "infallible" myself.

Hey, it worked for Joseph Smith......
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                Commando
                • Mar 2006

Officially, the Catholics believe that it IS. The Pope is seen as a "stand in" for Christ, and therefore infallible.
                Interesting especially since all of the Popes that ever lived all didn't agree and share the same beliefs on everything and changed and change their minds on beliefs that they had that at one point that were strong beliefs.
                Last edited by PlexiBrown; 04-21-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The reason for this is based on the Catholic teaching of purgatory.

It was a huge money making scam for most of the time the religion has been around and was only scrapped about 100 years ago.

The idea was that if you were a total evil cunt you went to hell but most people went into limbo for a while which apparently wasn't too cool and a bit boring. The Church then sold 'out of limbo' passes. The level of those were formalised so that say an Archbishop could save you 100 days but a Cardinal could save you a year obviously based on how much cash you gave them to 'pray for your soul' which they then subcontracted to monks, nuns and so on.

A baby dying before being baptised was fucking great news. Cha ching!$$$

Look it up, unfortunately most of the cult members don't.

Cheers!

Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-21-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

It all boils down to a bunch of BULLSHIT that many people still follow like sheep.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      The reason for this is based on the Catholic teaching of purgatory.

It was a huge money making scam for most of the time the religion has been around and was only scrapped about 100 years ago.

The idea was that if you were a total evil cunt you went to hell but most people went into limbo for a while which apparently wasn't too cool and a bit boring. The Church then sold 'out of limbo' passes. The level of those were formalised so that say an Archbishop could save you 100 days but a Cardinal could save you a year obviously based on how much cash you gave them to 'pray for your soul' which they then subcontracted to monks, nuns and so on.

A baby dying before being baptised was fucking great news. Cha ching!$$$

Look it up, unfortunately most of the cult members don't.

Cheers!

This man speaks the truth.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Now as to how many 21st century practicing Catholics actually look at the man that way, that's another story. I know if they tried that shit in the Baptist church I grew up in, I would have laughed in their faces, and told them I didn't need their help, when I'd be better off forming my own church and being "infallible" myself.

Hey, it worked for Joseph Smith......
                        Joseph Smith. Yeah the founder of the cult I was unfortunately raised in. I actually think Mormonism was put together by Sidney Rigdon and Olivery Cowdery. Joseph Smith obviousely was a very charismatic fellow that had a certain magic to him so he became head salesman.

Who really got Mormonism going was Brigham Young. He grew the cult in isolation in the Utah wilderness and had a sophisticated marketing system converting Europeans in Great Britian and Scandinavia and then helping them migrate to the US and then to Utah.

If it wasn't for Brigham Young, Mormonism would have died off already.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Nov 2004

nitro -you grew up mormon ,i grew up jehovah's wittness ..... wich is worse ?..... my father still a witness actually a top elder .recently told my dad all religion is a scam including his ,boy did that make him mad !!! sorry dad your religion was founded over 100 years ago ,whos was a jehovahs witness before that ..... no one ?

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                            nitro -you grew up mormon ,i grew up jehovah's wittness ..... wich is worse ??
                            I think the JW's might actually be worse. Here's why....

1) No holidays, including birthdays. Apparently these guys think that celebrating ANYTHING is somehow an idolatrous sin.

2) JW's believe that only 144,000 out of the whole of creation will make it to Heaven. They also don't believe in Hell at all. So given the fact that you can't party, you won't go to Hell, and your chances of making it in to Heaven aren't very good, not to mention that going door to door and selling Watchtowers thing, I don't see where the incentive is to join the religion in the first place.

Credit where it is due, though.... At least the JW's get it right when it comes to the "God and Country" horseshit and they realize that they are NOT one and the same.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Nov 2004

i will give you some more insight on the jw"s..................... they believe all holidays are pagan (not christian).......as far as the 144,000,they believe only 144,000 will go to heaven to rule with christ ,all others will live in a paradise on earth.they dont believe in a fiery hell ,they call hell the common grave of mankind .

Comment

Working...