PDA

View Full Version : Best CLASSIC Aerosmith Album? (Studio/Live)

Unchainme
04-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Whats Your Fav. Record of The Bad Boys From Boston..Mine is Rocks...Every song is a heavy Rock And Roll Song through and through..

I really Wish Aerosmith or Columbia would realease a Live DVD of the Live 70's Concerts, like Live Texxas Jam..Alas I have to accept a mediocre in comparison New Concert :(

Bill Lumbergh
04-23-2007, 06:01 PM
For me it's "Toys"......and FUCK Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion......this is the ONLY Aerosmith album I still listen to a lot, and I always skip those played out tracks........hard to believe this band was THAT good at one point......sad what they've become......

PumpedUpMidget
04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Draw The Line...The Hand That Feeds and Sight For Sore Eyes are classic

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Well, Home Tonight and You See Me Cryin' are 2 great examples of slow songs that are powerful and not sappy. They could have served as a blueprint, but when you think of it, Crue and bands like that still wouldn't have brought to the table the skills and talent to make them work like Aerosmith did.

They are all too good to pick a favorite . The first album is raw, basic and powerful and very different than the others. More Stonesish perhaps with Walkin the Dog.
I used to play Adam's Apple, Mama Kin, and Sick as a Dog in bands.
Texas Jam was out on video, but they weren't at their best.
Rocks would get my vote for favorite just from the memories of how LOUDLY we played it.
Love Night in the Ruts and Draw the Line as well.

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Kickin down a load feelin mighty slowed by the likes a' You

SNIPER
04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Toys for me is the best. As far as the more recent I have always liked Pump alot. Anything after that kinda blows for me. But I do respect them and will always listen to what ever they put out.

jharp84
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Rocks hands down! Toys near 2nd! Thought Done w/Mirrors was underrated! Very hard rockin, raw production!!

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Ever wonder how they got that sound effect in between the riff in Sweet Emotion?

It's producer Jack Douglas ripping a NY Times backwards.

No Shit..
I wondered what that was for years.
Then one day I decided to make something up to fuck with my pals at the Army. (kidding aboot kidding)

It was either the Times or the Post.
It was a great addition to a badass riff anyway.

DeadMan1984
04-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Live! Bootleg gets my vote. It was one of the first albums I picked up from them and it made me fall in love with that Aero-sound.

fe_lung
04-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I wanna go for Rocks but Toys has, well, Toys, Emotion, Walk, and Big Ten Inch - all favorites.

Mr. Vengeance
04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Toys in the Attic.

"And she whipped out my big ten inch..record. And she sucked on my big ten inch...record."

WARF
04-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm gonna go with an underated album.

DONE WITH MIRRORS and Ted Templeman.

The last true classic Aerosmith album is my favorite to date.

cMb
04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
It's too bad I can't get me some a that...

Diamondjimi
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Rocks hands down! Toys near 2nd! Thought Done w/Mirrors was underrated! Very hard rockin, raw production!!

Ditto !

"My fist , Your face" a forgotten classic...

Plus I'd have to add "Live Bootleg" as another one of my favs.

binnie
04-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Rocks is easily their greatest record (although Toys runs it close) and the one I voted for.

However, my favourite Aerosmith record is Draw the Line, love every single moment of that one.

I also think that Night in the Ruts doesn't get enough props...

WelshJon
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
A live DVD of 70's era Aerosmith would be very cool.

Wawazat
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Sweet Emotion, best song ever to pass out to.

David Lee Rocks
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Rocks is easily their greatest record (although Toys runs it close) and the one I voted for.

However, my favourite Aerosmith record is Draw the Line, love every single moment of that one.

I also think that Night in the Ruts doesn't get enough props... back In the day, Draw the Line was panned by everybody, but today whenever they play Draw the Line live it always brings the house down, highlight of the show, and on their last tour, some nights they played Kings and Queens, always got a great response!!

binnie
04-26-2007, 03:29 AM
I beleive that Draw The Line is Joe Perry's and Steven Tyler's favourite Aerosmith song too...

binnie
04-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by WelshJon
A live DVD of 70's era Aerosmith would be very cool.

It would indeed!

I'd love to see that released...

ODShowtime
04-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by DeadMan1984
Live! Bootleg gets my vote. It was one of the first albums I picked up from them and it made me fall in love with that Aero-sound.

I'm with you. Lord of the Thighs, Chip Away at the Stone, Mother Popcorn? Fuckin awesome.

ThrillsNSpills
04-26-2007, 08:53 PM

I also think that Night in the Ruts doesn't get enough props...

I agree on all counts.
Ruts is a blast.
It's obvious these guys do raw best. When they're overproduced and sober it's not even close.
Cheesecake was 1 take for Perry,
Chaquita sounds similar to Big Bang Baby.

The Texas Jam footage isn't that good-it's sloppy and they are flagged but the song choice has got to be better than more recent shows. Whitford is an underrated lead player.

Did anyone like that song they did called Angel's Eye?
Seems like every once in a while there's a glimpse of the older raw approach.

When they went back to Sony it got real bad. get a Grip was kicked back to them after it was finished because it didn't have enough "radio friendly singles." So you got crap like crazy and Cryin.
The thing I don't get is that they had proven they could do slow tunes that worked and weren't overproduced.

jharp84
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
I agree on all counts.
Ruts is a blast.
It's obvious these guys do raw best. When they're overproduced and sober it's not even close.
Cheesecake was 1 take for Perry,
Chaquita sounds similar to Big Bang Baby.

The Texas Jam footage isn't that good-it's sloppy and they are flagged but the song choice has got to be better than more recent shows. Whitford is an underrated lead player.

Did anyone like that song they did called Angel's Eye?
Seems like every once in a while there's a glimpse of the older raw approach.

When they went back to Sony it got real bad. get a Grip was kicked back to them after it was finished because it didn't have enough "radio friendly singles." So you got crap like crazy and Cryin.
The thing I don't get is that they had proven they could do slow tunes that worked and weren't overproduced.

Ya Speaka Da Trutttt!! UNCLE!! Dare I say there's a good tune or two on Rock in a Hard Place!

binnie
04-27-2007, 02:46 AM

So you got crap like crazy and Cryin.

Cryin' I can live with, but Crazy and Amazing were the same song, and it wasn't a good one....

ZamboniMan
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Get Your Wings for me...

Same Old, Lord of the Thighs and Train Kept a Rollin' are all killer tracks. Rocks and Toys were both great too. 70's Aerosmith is awesome.

binnie
04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Get Your Wings is underated, and it was possibly the rawest Aerosmith ever sounded too.

God I wish they would make another record like that, ain't gonna happen though...

Mr Badguy
04-27-2007, 01:08 PM
"Rocks"

We all know the classics but it`s the stuff noone ever talks about, like "Combination" or "Get the lead out", songs that would be standouts on any lesser album, that make the whole thing so good.

binnie
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
"i've found the secret, the key to it all...."

God I LOVE that album: it's perfect when the sun is shining and your out driving just cranking that record.

I just can't think of anyway in which it could have been better!

Cult of Roth
04-28-2007, 01:34 AM
It's already been said, but Rocks is definitely their strongest album from start to finish, with Toys coming damn close.

I gotta say Seasons of Wither is one of my favorites songs of theirs, though.

scottd1984
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Rocks with Draw the Line running a real close second for me

ace diamond
04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
rocks is my pick!

rats in the cellar!!!!!

'nuff said!

Jérôme Frenchise
05-01-2007, 04:20 AM
I chose "Rocks", but thinking back maybe "Toys in the attic" would make it, be it for "Walk this way" alone. The other tracks are great as well, but damn, how genious that song is! One of the very rare overplayed hits I'll never get sick of listening to. :cool:

ThrillsNSpills
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I figured Toys in the Attic and Rocks would be neck and neck.

Joe Perry Project's 1st album is good too.

Steve Savicki
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Unchainme, you and I actually agree on something. Rocks it is.

David Lee Rocks
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I figured Toys in the Attic and Rocks would be neck and neck.

Joe Perry Project's 1st album is good too. oh yeah!! I wish I could find that on CD, great album!!

binnie
05-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Joe's stuff ok as long as he doesn't sing....

Dave's Bitch
05-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Rocks

That album is simply amazing

David Lee Rocks
05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Joe's stuff ok as long as he doesn't sing.... Im not sure but I dont think Joe sang any of the songs on Joe Perry Project did he?

Roth Renegade
05-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Just Push Play is their best underated classic. It's good to see them start writing songs again!

Cult of Roth
05-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
oh yeah!! I wish I could find that on CD, great album!!

Yeah, a friend of mine in college got all 3 of his albums (he did 3, right?). I remember him searching for weeks. They were hard as fuck to find.

ThrillsNSpills
06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Blood stains the ivorys
Of my daddys babygrand
I aint' seen no daylight
Since we started this band
No More, No More
No More, No More

Store bought clothes
fallin' appart at the seams
Tea leaf readin' gypsies
Fortune tellin' my dreams

No More, No More
No More, No More

Holiday inns, lock the door with a chain
You love it and you hate it
But to me they're all the same

No More, No More
No More, No More

Baby I'm a dreamer
Found my horse and carriage

Stalemate jailbate
Ladies can't refuse
You love 'em then you leave 'em
With your sold out reviews

No More, No More
No More, No More

Sweet talkin' barroom, ladies disease
Slippin' with her lips
Slidin' down your knees

No More, No More
No More, No More

Baby I'm a screamer
Bound to a wife in marriage
Baby, I'm a dreamer

Ladies hold the aces
And their lovers call it passion
The men call it pleasure
But to me it's old fashioned

Times they're a changin
Nothin' ever stands still
If I don't stop changin
I'll be writin' out my will

It's the same old story
Never get a second chance
For a dance to the top of the heap

Baby I'm a dreamer

Johnny come late on a Saturday night
Singin' how de go
Backstage boogie in the house of delight
Where they steal the show
money comes sour but the ladies are sweet
it's a love affair
Whole place rockin', people stompin' their feet
When the gang's all there

He gets his woman every night for free
He's out there rockin' like you wouldn't believe
Singin' na, na, na...

Johnny like to gamble with his lady Louise
She was a black jack deuces are wild
He got to thinking 'bout his nose in the breeze
And there Johnny looked and he smiled
He started thinking 'bout the fortune and fame
with the young girls down at his knees
He dug the money but forgot all the names
So he knew just how to appease

Lick And A Promise
Lick And A Promise
Lick And A Promise
(He gave the ladies a) Lick And A Promise

Lick and a promise
(he gave the ladies a) Lick and a promise

Loose change clover in his early, early years
Had his poor mama pacin' the floors
He grabbed a guitar and a couple of beers
Now the crowd keeps screamin' for more

He gets his woman every night for free
He's out there rockin' like you wouldn't believe
Singin' na, na, na...

LstLkly2Succeed
06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna have to pick "Get Your Wings" because Train Kept a Rollin' is my favorite song of theirs, with Seasons of Wither being a close second favorite. I'm excited cuz I'm seeing them in september at Jones Beach! Hopefully they play the classics, not the new crap like Don't wanna Miss a Thing, I got physically sick when I heard that song for the first time.

David Lee Rocks
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LstLkly2Succeed
I'm gonna have to pick "Get Your Wings" because Train Kept a Rollin' is my favorite song of theirs, with Seasons of Wither being a close second favorite. I'm excited cuz I'm seeing them in september at Jones Beach! Hopefully they play the classics, not the new crap like Don't wanna Miss a Thing, I got physically sick when I heard that song for the first time. I saw them twice last year and they played Train at one of Seasons of Wither at both shows, I checked www.aerosforceone.com and looks like they playing alot of sappy hits from the late 80s and early 90s, I may skip this year

David Lee Rocks
06-30-2007, 06:15 PM
oops, thats www.aeroforceone.com

LstLkly2Succeed
06-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Damn, that's a shame. It's my first Aeromsmith concert and they have to go and choose a crappy playlist. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it.

David Lee Rocks
06-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by LstLkly2Succeed
Damn, that's a shame. It's my first Aeromsmith concert and they have to go and choose a crappy playlist. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it. ya never know, by the time they get there they may have changed the entire setlist, when i saw em in January 06, then November 06, the shows were two different shows entirely, both were great!!

Mr Badguy
06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Roth Renegade
Just Push Play is their best underated classic. It's good to see them start writing songs again!

I don`t know about that.

There`s some good songs on there but it`s Pro-tooled to fuck and sounds horrible.

LstLkly2Succeed
06-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
ya never know, by the time they get there they may have changed the entire setlist, when i saw em in January 06, then November 06, the shows were two different shows entirely, both were great!!

Sounds cool! I hope they change it anyway, I definitely don't want to hear Jaded, waste of a spot where a good song could go.