PDA

View Full Version : Van-halen.com site - cluster fuck?

Sgt Schultz
05-01-2004, 10:21 AM
At a glance it looks like many new news items but it's just multiple links and "news flashes" of the same thing? I mean eleven links on the front page to the same 2 links - "News" and "Tour" - whoopee.

Yaawwwnn.............:o

Lou
05-01-2004, 10:28 AM
All it is is an online store anymore like bestbuy.com or dell.com .

General Hina
05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
At a glance it looks like many new news items but it's just multiple links and "news flashes" of the same thing? I mean eleven links on the front page to the same 2 links - "News" and "Tour" - whoopee.

Yaawwwnn.............:o

This is a silly post considering the state of Dave's website. That thing is just a black hole of nothingness. Are you filled with so much hate that you have to knock the band's website which is so obviously under some construction due to the changing state of the band itself? Come on don't waste time with a meaningless post like this.

Over and Out,
Genral Hina

Lou
05-01-2004, 10:43 AM
The website is changing to become nothing more than a business, OK? There's no actual care for the fans there.

General Hina
05-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Lou
The website is changing to become nothing more than a business, OK? There's no actual care for the fans there.

That's probaly true but how can you slam the VH website when DLR's is an even bigger mess?

Lou
05-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Because DLR isn't trying to rip people off. And what's he gonna put on there? He had four tours from 1999-2004 to try to build up to a Van HALEN reunion, and it didn't happen. Unfortunately for us, it's back to the drawing board for him.

The sisters are idiots.

:monekyl: EVH, AVH, MA, fatso :monekyr:

General Hina
05-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Because DLR isn't trying to rip people off. And what's he gonna put on there?

How about photos? discography? lyrics? a timeline for his career. Are you that dumb that you don't know what DLR could put on a website? How about some free downloads of demo material?

Over and Out,
General Hina

Lou
05-01-2004, 11:00 AM
I know what he could put on there, he probably doesn't care. In fact he personally doesn't do anything with that site, he just tells people what to do.

My opinion is that he's disgusted with the Van Hagar reunion and he's not really interested in updating the website or being seen a lot in 2004.

General Hina
05-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Lou
He had four tours from 1999-2004 to try to build up to a Van HALEN reunion, and it didn't happen.

Louise,
Those tours only served to hurt DLR's chances of a reunion because of his poor vocal performances and 80's hairband metal antics. gone was the once great frontman leaving a poor Mike tramp impersonator.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Roth-Halen
05-01-2004, 11:08 AM
I wonder why they keep using roth era tunes even on the front page of the oficial website. Have you guys checked that e-card on the fron page??
Amazing!

Roth-Halen
05-01-2004, 11:14 AM
with spammy on the pic, but not his singing!

pete
05-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by General Hina
How about photos? discography? lyrics? a timeline for his career. Are you that dumb that you don't know what DLR could put on a website? How about some free downloads of demo material?

Over and Out,
General Hina

Your expectations are as bland and cliche as van hagar's songwriting.

It's this kind of thinking that has made you the femme-sheep your mamma is so proud of.

Who made the blue print that says what a rock band's website must contain.

Once again, the tone of your writing carries the lack of substance you spew time and time again.

Take an art class asswipe.

Bob_R
05-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Lou
My opinion is that he's disgusted with the Van Hagar reunion and he's not really interested in updating the website or being seen a lot in 2004.

I don't think Roth cares as much or is as angry as the people on this site are or thinks he is. He's probably well over it by now. It's all has to do with acceptance.

He fucked up in '85 and '96. I was so happy that he was back in '96 and then everything fell apart. Shit, he should have just played it cool and he was in. He even had another chance in 2000. I guess some people just never learn.

General Hina
05-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by pete
Your expectations are as bland and cliche as van hagar's songwriting.

It's this kind of thinking that has made you the femme-sheep your mamma is so proud of.

Who made the blue print that says what a rock band's website must contain.

Once again, the tone of your writing carries the lack of substance you spew time and time again.

Take an art class asswipe.

I love the pomposity of your post but if you're calling "Dave's Backyard BBQ" art then you are the one with a severe problem. If you think a blank website is the way to go well I guess that does sum up DLR's career at the moment.

Over and Out,
General Hina

GAR
05-01-2004, 12:17 PM
This is a silly post considering the state of Dave's website.

Genral Hina

Not so: Dave doesn't HAVE a website. It's just a page, and he doesn't sell anything on it and never has.

General Hina
05-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Not so: Dave doesn't HAVE a website. It's just a page, and he doesn't sell anything on it and never has.

Now that is an intelligent reply. I wish Dave had a more comprehensive website and did sell stuff.

pete
05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
I love the pomposity of your post but if you're calling "Dave's Backyard BBQ" art then you are the one with a severe problem. If you think a blank website is the way to go well I guess that does sum up DLR's career at the moment.

Over and Out,
General Hina

You defend EVH's band, music and songwriting. You wouldn't know art if it had a sign on the front of it that said "THIS IS ART"

As far as your feelings about my pomposity.
I'm straight buddy. Save your love for the rest stop men's room.

:D

pete
05-01-2004, 12:45 PM
I wish Dave had a more comprehensive website and did sell stuff.

You're a good american.

General Hina
05-01-2004, 12:50 PM
You defend EVH's band, music and songwriting. :D

Where did you come up with that??? This post is about websites??

GAR
05-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Do we sell that "GOT ROTH?" jersey still, here at the Army?

Dave's PA Rental
05-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

He fucked up in '85 and '96. I was so happy that he was back in '96 and then everything fell apart. Shit, he should have just played it cool and he was in. He even had another chance in 2000. I guess some people just never learn.

I love the Eddie apologists.

Yup, its all Dave's bad. Eddie gets off scott free in your eyes. Its the world against Eddie. Poor Eddie. It was Warner Bros. fault for DUMPING Van Halen...It was Valerie's fault for divorcing him...and it was Roth's fault for fucking up any chance of a reunion...All these people in Eddies life up and tell him that they dont want him around anymore...but it CAN'T be Eddie's fault, can it?

Now Roth is no angel, I admit. But Eddie is a miserable mean drunk, and he LIES.

madraoul
05-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Hell, even Dave has a heart. Why should he have a website pointing out what a clusterfuck this Hagarita tour is. Everyone who has seen the real VH knows this is a money grab geared at ripping off kids who have no clue what VH was. I bet over half of those poor misguided dumbfucks leave the show wondering why they didn't play Runnin' With the Devil.

I'm willing to let Dave kick back and plan what he's going to do next. Besides, legends don't give a rat's ass about the web.

Jano
05-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental

Yup, its all Dave's bad. Eddie gets off scott free in your eyes. Its the world against Eddie. Poor Eddie. It was Warner Bros. fault for DUMPING Van Halen...It was Valerie's fault for divorcing him...and it was Roth's fault for fucking up any chance of a reunion...All these people in Eddies life up and tell him that they dont want him around anymore...but it CAN'T be Eddie's fault, can it?

Now Roth is no angel, I admit. But Eddie is a miserable mean drunk, and he LIES.

YOU'RE RIGHT BUDDY,Eddie got his mouth full of crap and alcohol(maybe some Sammy's sperm too).:sex:

Sgt Schultz
05-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Well I think the Van Halen website with its umpteenth link to the exact same thing regarding "News" is very telling - it says that all that is going on is a new tour. No interviews, no other appearances - nothing. The band comes across as cowardly in my opinion.

And while I'm bashing - what IS the deal with the friggin' sunglasses Al?!?! And now Ed. Give it a rest already.

Bob_R
05-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental

'85 Dave quit. So that's obviously a no-brainer.
'96 Now this one is a hairy one. Was Dave back in? Or was he used as a ploy for BOV I sales?

My opinion is that DLR would've been back if the '96 awards had gone smoothly. I'm sure there are other reasons and factors besides that one single night. I'm sure there were other things that made Ed, Al, and Mike say "NO". I don't believe that that night was the one and only reason it was just probably the main reason.

2000 is the one of the three that us the fans know the least about. Obviously DLR didn't learn from '96 though. But, I'm sure Ed's health issue had something to do with it as well. And, obvioulsy he did not get cancer to spite Roth.

Whatever to all 3. It happened and there's not a single thing anyone can do about it.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-01-2004, 08:43 PM
if anyone checks www.davidleeroth.com , its just a black screen.

Katydid
05-01-2004, 08:43 PM
If you want to buy David Lee Roth tapes, albums, autobiographies, etc. You can do so off e bay...It is a click on to the right of posts going up and down the right side of the David Lee Roth Army Wall site.

To access it, you can go to this homepage, and click on "The Wall" to the left there...

Katie Daniels Roth

madraoul
05-01-2004, 08:51 PM
My opinion is that DLR would've been back if the '96 awards had gone smoothly. I'm sure there are other reasons and factors besides that one single night. I'm sure there were other things that made Ed, Al, and Mike say "NO". I don't believe that that night was the one and only reason it was just probably the main reason.

I think the girls of VH freaked over the reaction they received when they all walked out. It's obvious that Dave would have propelled them into mega stardom again and I don't think the "recovering" drunks can handle that type of pressure. It's easier to take the easy way out with Hagarita and milk the past instead of living up to it.

Viking
05-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Personally, I gotta give credit where credit is due - it's Bradsack's best work yet. He just needs to get the rest of the content loaded.

Katydid
05-01-2004, 09:09 PM
What the Hell is that? It's a good thing I came in here. Viking, if you see ALinChainz tell him I defended him today.

Someone said he stank. I replied, "Like viking shit he does!"

But what do I know, I thought Van Helsing was a misprint...(New movie about a football hero).

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 09:14 PM

sorry, dude...but your opinion is just wrong...read the book and read the interviews...it's all clear that they screwed dave...and then the screwed him again with the royalties...and then they screwed him again...and again...and again...but hey...this is all dave's fault...ed and his sister are lying worthless human beings with no class, style and character...

Bob_R
05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
sorry, dude...but your opinion is just wrong...read the book and read the interviews...it's all clear that they screwed dave...and then the screwed him again with the royalties...and then they screwed him again...and again...and again...but hey...this is all dave's fault...ed and his sister are lying worthless human beings with no class, style and character...

I've read the book and the interviews dude.

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:50 PM
I've read the book and the interviews dude.

Who Do you Think edward van halen is now???? here that recent radio call in interview and read roths open letter eddie van halen is an asshole who doesn't care about you.

thefive
05-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Louise,
Those tours only served to hurt DLR's chances of a reunion because of his poor vocal performances and 80's hairband metal antics. gone was the once great frontman leaving a poor Mike tramp impersonator.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Hey sheep your bashing Dave.
Your just like your idol Sammy. Bash Dave.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=71907

pete
05-01-2004, 10:59 PM

Over and Out,
General Hina

I must admit......

I like your pomposity too, but that post directed at BL was pretty rude.

I was quite stunned at that, far too personal, attack.

thefive
05-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't think Roth cares as much or is as angry as the people on this site are or thinks he is. He's probably well over it by now. It's all has to do with acceptance.

Hey Sheep. Ed Sheep fan.
He didn't fuck up they already hired Gary. Gary either made a mistake or purposely or didn't care when he was interviewed by a Japanese magazine. Gary fucked up on the dates he first met the Halens in that interview. It was in June of 96 he said.

pete
05-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by thefive
Hey Sheep. Ed Sheep fan.

[/img]

LMAO

General Hina
05-02-2004, 12:37 AM
I must admit......

I like your pomposity too, but that post directed at BL was pretty rude.

I was quite stunned at that, far too personal, attack.

You're right it was too rude. I just hate the gay bashing and name calling and was trying to get people to stop spewing the hate by getting them a little riled up. I don't think it worked and the irony was totally lost in translation.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Sgt Schultz
05-02-2004, 08:08 AM
This is a silly post considering the state of Dave's website. That thing is just a black hole of nothingness. Are you filled with so much hate that you have to knock the band's website which is so obviously under some construction due to the changing state of the band itself? Come on don't waste time with a meaningless post like this.

Over and Out,
Genral Hina

I didn't mention Dave and was not talking about him. My post was about the Van Halen website. Start a thread on Dave's site if you wish.

Dude, LOOK at the main page. He posts some "new news" every time they add a date like it's some huge news. Have one page for "real" news and then one for tour dates. My point is that in my opinion, he's got repeat items splashed all over to hide the fact that the band are afraid to actually talk to anyone about this tour.

DavidLeeNatra
05-02-2004, 09:16 AM
[i]I don't think it worked and the irony was totally lost in translation.

Over and Out,
General Hina [/B]

bcause you were lost in masturbation...

Bob_R
05-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Hey Sheep. Ed Sheep fan.
He didn't fuck up they already hired Gary. Gary either made a mistake or purposely or didn't care when he was interviewed by a Japanese magazine. Gary fucked up on the dates he first met the Halens in that interview. It was in June of 96 he said.

Hey slap me five. Everyone's entitlited to their own opinions. You just keep rockin' out to that great Diamond Dave CD with 5 covers on it.

Dave fucked up in '96. He should have acted like a normal human being instead of an asshole. When you're looking for a job you have to impress the boss (EVH). Now EVH's laughing to the bank and Roth's in the gutter.

You people crack me up! If Roth were to re-join the band tomorrow Ed would be GOD to you people.

It's actually Ed's and Dave's fault if you think about it.

Can you provide a link to this interview? I haven't read it in quite awhile.